Trade advice

Wraith554

8 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Ok, I pulled the trigger. Now even further down the rabbit hole I go. 

PPR league. 

Which trio would you rather have?

Gurley, Kamara, D. Adams

Gurley, A.B, Adams 

Given comparable players between a wide receiver and a running back, I usually want the running back. i think production from a receiver is easier to make up for. I want Kamara

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Given comparable players between a wide receiver and a running back, I usually want the running back. i think production from a receiver is easier to make up for. I want Kamara

Fair enough. It’s deadli time so I’m exploring all options. Another one is flipping Kamara, Fitzgerald and Reed for Mixon, Julio and Kittle. 

That would have me at Gurley, Mixon, Adams, Julio and Kittle which is a major upgrade over Reed or Engram.

I traded away: 

Jimmy Graham

Dion Lewis

Jags defense

DJ Moore 

And received 

Greg Olsen

Denver's defense

Corey Clement (will be cut)  

I originally offered Sony Michel instead of dion Lewis, but he countered with Dion and I took it

How did I do? 

Looking at one last move. Does it make sense to offer up Watson and Gurley for Brees and Hunt? 

Gurley and Hunt both still have their bye next week.  

This move would be with the team right ahead of me in 2nd place. He has Mahomes and Brees. Hunt and David Johnson. 

I have Watson, Gurley and Kamara. 

So which trio would you want ROS

Watson, Gurley, Kamara 

OR 

Brees, Kamara, Hunt 

Seriously considering a swap of Watson and Gurley for Brees and Hunt. 

This is a keeper league with both of our teams neck and neck to win it all so I’m hesitant. 

Another trade that’s on the table is Mayfield and Kamara for Luck and Fournette.  If I knew Fournette could stay healthy I would strongly consider this one.

I’m worried that with Gurley and Kamara, either or both may be rested at the end of the season.  

I could probably send Mayfield, Gurley and Fitzgerald for Luck, Fournette and Emmanuel Sanders.  Then I could avoid Gurley on his bye next week also. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

5 hours ago, BillSabre said:

This is a keeper league with both of our teams neck and neck to win it all so I’m hesitant. 

Another trade that’s on the table is Mayfield and Kamara for Luck and Fournette.  If I knew Fournette could stay healthy I would strongly consider this one.

I’m worried that with Gurley and Kamara, either or both may be rested at the end of the season.  

I could probably send Mayfield, Gurley and Fitzgerald for Luck, Fournette and Emmanuel Sanders.  Then I could avoid Gurley on his bye next week also. 

I'm not doing it. Not by a long shot.

And nobody is likely to rest their starters in week 16. You would need a 3 game lead in any particular situation (home field, division, wild card), which is unlikely enough to happen. also, that's nearly a month off for starters if you have a first round bye. Very unlikely. I'd have that concern is you play in week 17.

7 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Just traded Jordan Howard and Sammy Watkins for Leanard Fournette. I sent out a trade offer this morning, definitely thought I was low balling them but wanted to start with a low offer. Didn't expect it to get accepted but and now I feel kinda bad.

I wouldn't. I don't think it's an awful deal. Sure, I'd rather have fournette, but it's not like he doesn't come without his own risk as well.

Would be crazy, after this week, to offer Barkley for CMC? I'm obviously gearing up for playoff runs here, and I'm looking at that Carolina schedule, and man, it looks juicy for CMC down the stretch. After this week (because I'd want to get Barkley against Tampa), CMC gets Seattle (meh), but then runs it off the final four weeks against TB, Cleveland, New Orleans and Atlanta. That's a really nice set up. Juxtapose that against Barkley's upcoming schedule, and he's got Philly (not bad), but then Chicago, Washington and Tennessee. He ends with Indy, which isn't awful, but that's not an ideal schedule. I know that he's a bit matchup proof, but still.

What say you? Worth it trade barkley for CMC if I can make it happen? What about Zeke? He's got a pretty light schedule the rest of the way as well.

10 hours ago, BillSabre said:

You get the upgrade at QB on paper, which is the only reason you are even considering this? Seriously, don't trade Todd gurley for anything right now. He leads fantasy football in points. He's irreplaceable. 

You have both gurley AND kamara? WHY ARE YOU EVEN THINKING ABOUT TRADING EITHER??

You are talking about giving the guy ahead of you in the standings - the guy with mahomes - you are talking about giving him Todd gurley? Are you suicidal? Lol giving up Brees is nothing for him. Why even give him Watson? He's useless to this guy, you might as well keep him. (Watch Watson have a nice second half if they can start to protect him more)

Hunt is great, I have him in two leagues. Hes still a running back for Andy Reid, sometimes gets left out of gameplans. 

Brees is awesome, and will have games with 4-6 TDs, but he's also gonna have games with 200 yards passing when the saints run the ball 40 times. 

So basically it's: downgrade for you at RB and a nominal increase for you at QB at best, while it's an upgrade for him at RB, and net zero at QB for the guy ahead of you in the standings. 

He gets better and best case you make a lateral move. Why are you even considering this? NO

Just roll with Baker at QB. He's finding his groove and is going to be a solid 18ish points every week with some 25 point upside. Sometimes consistent is the best for fantasy when you have studs like gurley and kamara. 

Sometimes the best thing to do is to ride it out. You have two of the top 5 RBs in FF and a QB with massive upside. Don't mess it up 

It's a keeper league too which means you will regret trading any of Watson, kamara, gurley for the next 2-3 years AT LEAST, considering all of them are on this side of 24. Seriously Watson is 23-24, gurley is 24, kamara is like 22 23 at most. YOU WOULD BE INSANE TO TRADE ANY FOR A 40 YEAR OLD QB

23 minutes ago, N4L said:

You get the upgrade at QB on paper, which is the only reason you are even considering this? Seriously, don't trade Todd gurley for anything right now. He leads fantasy football in points. He's irreplaceable. 

You have both gurley AND kamara? WHY ARE YOU EVEN THINKING ABOUT TRADING EITHER??

You are talking about giving the guy ahead of you in the standings - the guy with mahomes - you are talking about giving him Todd gurley? Are you suicidal? Lol giving up Brees is nothing for him. Why even give him Watson? He's useless to this guy, you might as well keep him. (Watch Watson have a nice second half if they can start to protect him more)

Hunt is great, I have him in two leagues. Hes still a running back for Andy Reid, sometimes gets left out of gameplans. 

Brees is awesome, and will have games with 4-6 TDs, but he's also gonna have games with 200 yards passing when the saints run the ball 40 times. 

So basically it's: downgrade for you at RB and a nominal increase for you at QB at best, while it's an upgrade for him at RB, and net zero at QB for the guy ahead of you in the standings. 

He gets better and best case you make a lateral move. Why are you even considering this? NO

Just roll with Baker at QB. He's finding his groove and is going to be a solid 18ish points every week with some 25 point upside. Sometimes consistent is the best for fantasy when you have studs like gurley and kamara. 

Sometimes the best thing to do is to ride it out. You have two of the top 5 RBs in FF and a QB with massive upside. Don't mess it up 

It's a keeper league too which means you will regret trading any of Watson, kamara, gurley for the next 2-3 years AT LEAST, considering all of them are on this side of 24. Seriously Watson is 23-24, gurley is 24, kamara is like 22 23 at most. YOU WOULD BE INSANE TO TRADE ANY FOR A 40 YEAR OLD QB

I appreciate this solid feedback. I kicked around a bunch of ideas. It boiled down to the trade you just spoke on and another that would’ve been Gurley and Fitz for Barkley and Juju.   Both of these trades involved one of the two teams ahead of me.  I decided after just acquiring Kamara to ride this team out. If anybody sits week 17 then I’m stuck for that week, so be it. 

Im lucky to be where I am considering I made possibly the worst trade in league history earlier in the year. Had I not, I’d be comfortably in first right now. As far as keepers go, it’s only 1.  So I’ll be choosing between Gurley and Kamara but I think we all know who that already was and will continue to be! 

2 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I appreciate this solid feedback. I kicked around a bunch of ideas. It boiled down to the trade you just spoke on and another that would’ve been Gurley and Fitz for Barkley and Juju.   Both of these trades involved one of the two teams ahead of me.  I decided after just acquiring Kamara to ride this team out. If anybody sits week 17 then I’m stuck for that week, so be it. 

Im lucky to be where I am considering I made possibly the worst trade in league history earlier in the year. Had I not, I’d be comfortably in first right now. As far as keepers go, it’s only 1.  So I’ll be choosing between Gurley and Kamara but I think we all know who that already was and will continue to be! 

I traded James Conner away for Gronk.. So I feel your pain. I still have Aaron Jones, Breida, and Gurely so Im pretty set at RB and the flex, but damn.

Per @Forge's advice in another thread, pick up Malcom Brown for when/if Gurely sits week 17. Boom. Throw that man a like for the suggestion. Thats championship level foresight

I also just picked up Spencer Ware and Jaylen Samuels because all three of these guys might start week 17. Steelers are about to run away with that division imo. 

Archived