2018 Week 1- Baltimore Ravens vs Buffalo Bills 9/9 1:00 ET

DreamKid

as i said before i expect this team to be the no1 ranked O and D after week 1.

if Harbaugh does his "oh we are up 2 scores lets play prevent" special again i am personally coming for his behind. make this a statemjent game for the reason mentioned by DK as well as just so everybody knows Ravens are for real this season.

33-3 because it sounds just about right to me.

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

as i said before i expect this team to be the no1 ranked O and D after week 1.

if Harbaugh does his "oh we are up 2 scores lets play prevent" special again i am personally coming for his behind. make this a statemjent game for the reason mentioned by DK as well as just so everybody knows Ravens are for real this season.

33-3 because it sounds just about right to me.

Harbaugh is the one who was all about the fake XP against Pitt a few years ago.  Similarly, he has constantly talked about "not being aggressive" as the issue when we have seen late game Pees failures.  He praised same when Martindale was promoted.  i really don't think that will be an issue this year.  If we get beat on defense this year, I think it's going to be getting beat while we're rushing 5+.

7 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Going to try and probably fail to avoid forming any season-long outlook until 3 weeks. 

I think this game is going to be horrific. We'll win 34-0, that's my bet. I just don't see how the Bills are going to move the ball. I hope we do get a test though, this team had far too many easy outs last year. 

Your point is spot on. When we crush these guys, I'll be convinced of nothing. If we go on the road off a short week and crush the Bengals, then smash the Broncos and the steelers all before we get Jimmy back? Then I could feel comfortable with long term proclamations. Until then, let's just see the team live up to expectations. 

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I think this game is going to be horrific. We'll win 34-0, that's my bet. I just don't see how the Bills are going to move the ball. I hope we do get a test though, this team had far too many easy outs last year. 

Your point is spot on. When we crush these guys, I'll be convinced of nothing. If we go on the road off a short week and crush the Bengals, then smash the Broncos and the steelers all before we get Jimmy back? Then I could feel comfortable with long term proclamations. Until then, let's just see the team live up to expectations. 

If we’re sitting are at 16-0 after week 17, then I MIGHT be willing to make a prediction about our playoff career chances. 

Guys, guys guys

We are the Baltimore Ravens, we are not going to make it easy on ourselves, we are not going to get pretty and comfortable wins. We are going to look really good, then really bad - whether it is from drive to drive or from game to game.

That is what we are. Even if we are a contender this year, we will not be favored in many games because we win so ugly and look so bad, as a sluggish old warrior we somehow manage to stay competitive so once week 17 is around, media pundits will talk about how other teams do not want to face the ugly *** Ravens in the playoffs where winter Joe Flacco will emerge.

Until then, anything can happen and we could easily lose this must win game. That would be very Ravens of us.

I think our Franchise Single Game Sack Record is 9. This game is a great contender to break that record imo. The Bill's offensive line is not good and our pass rush + coverage is. Nathan Peterman knows Josh Allen is lurking so he's going to try to do too much. Our STs and D will give great field position to a now capable offense and we'll get up on them quick. They'll have to pass and suffer the consequences of doing so... repeatedly. 

I'm interested in seeing who they put White on. Will they see Brown or Crabtree as the bigger threat to remove?

I anticipate the offense trying to establish itself for the season too. We'll see planned bombs from Flacco a lot. MM isn't going to let that checkdown rot plant it's seeds again, he can't. I hope Mark Andrews can get some real work in too, getting him going early would be huge. Then when Hayden comes back we could have a dangerous pairing to attack teams with. 

On 3.9.2018 at 10:00 PM, sp6488 said:

Harbaugh is the one who was all about the fake XP against Pitt a few years ago.  Similarly, he has constantly talked about "not being aggressive" as the issue when we have seen late game Pees failures.  He praised same when Martindale was promoted.  i really don't think that will be an issue this year.  If we get beat on defense this year, I think it's going to be getting beat while we're rushing 5+.

what i meant was the typical Harbaugh demeanor to settle once a 2 score lead is erached and try to run the clock out (literally, like run on at least the first 2 downs every series).

just for once i want to see him keep the pedal to the metal, not in "run up the score to embarass them" rather than "ensure they<'ll not be able to come back from that deficit.

because, you know, if you lead with 3 scores or more with 2mins left your D will probably not be able to lose you the game.
not even Dean Pees would have been able to do that.

Archived