2018 Week 1- Baltimore Ravens vs Buffalo Bills 9/9 1:00 ET

DreamKid

Yesterday was a great first game. It is also not a reason to get our hopes up. The Bills didn't have anything to offer so we didn't have to play mistake free football to win.

We closed the game early, and then got valuable playing time for Lamar Jackson. those 1,5 quarters against starters is worth much more than those pre season games.

We looked good on offense, stalled at some point and then seemed to get more aggressive. 

Defense looked and aggressive throughout the game. Great rotation, nothing glaring to note.

Special teams has to fix the returnerposition. We gave up a little more in the returngame than I had hoped.

Up:

1. Flacco - looked healthy, played to a level we could/should anticipate

2. Tavon Young - what a bounceback from what could be a top slot cornerback with as versatile a skillset as any in the league

3. Zardarius Smith - Think he had 2 sacks, even more pressures and held up in the running game. Would have taken the top spot if he had caught the interception

Down:

1. Drops and fumbles - It wasn't on a Chargers level, but those drops killed a couple of drives and if the Bills had any chance of flipping the game it would have been on the Collins and Grant fumbles

2. Penalties - there were too many, have to cut them down

3. Oline priorities - Hurst and Skura didn't begin well. Especially Hurst had some bad plays early. Once we got a firm grab on the game it seemed both settled in more

I'm watching the game over again on Game Pass and at around the 14:00 mark in the 3rd Quarter, I swear I just saw a midget giving Sean McDermott strategic advice. I understand the Bills wanted to win, but they've entered into some dark alliances. I'm proud of our team for not falling for their magics. 

Wormley had a great game. Wink's rotation is no joke, even Ricard got snaps in the 2nd quarter. He isn't playing around. Williams and Pierce barely saw any passing downs, and he didn't hesitate to pull Judon. Both are encouraging signs. 

Tim Williams didn't disappoint, and was close on a couple more Sacks. The Bills also got away with a few holds on him.

Brent Urban contributed to the Suggs Sack in a big way. He pushed the guard all the way into Peterman's lap. That was just one of the many plays he made in the game, so glad to have him back.

Humphrey is the truth. 

Tavon is the truth.

A good guess is Kenny Young starts receiving the lion's share of snaps at WILL.

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

so, what to do at C with Geno Atkins coming fror Flacco on Thursday?

We are going to play with either a fullback who will help with pressure coming up the middle, or we are going to use tight end pulls to crack DT's coming up the A-gap?

Archived