Nasty Nate vs Cool Joe. WEEK ONE GDT

bigbadbuff23835

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Fact that we were better team last year. It's so hard to judge heading into week 1. I think Ravens are really overrated. I don't think they improved that much.

Us I think our run defense will be much better but OLine will be worse. But I think our passing game should gain more yardage.

But Baltimore is far from scary in my eyes. Joe Flacco seems to always underperform except for that one playoff run.

you sure called that

58 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Send Shady McCoy to Pittsburgh for a 3rd. Build up equity for next year 

I get that. Kind of agree, but I worry about teams teeing off on Allen and him getting injured.

As there have been many mentions of frustration about not addressing the OL this past off-season (from myself as well), I checked out Draftek's 2019 player rankings. They have 18 OL in the top 100 and 28 DL/Edge players in that same top 100. I wonder if the long term strategy was to address the trenches next off-season or if our FO simply dropped the ball, especially regarding the OL. Probably a combination of the two. With less than 1 in 5 of those top 100 being O-Linemen, I'm guessing FA is going to play a significant role is solving that problem. Fortunately, we'll have the Cap space.

[EDIT] - OL = 35 of top 200 and DL/Edge = 43 of top 200...Hopefully we can find some upgrades here without having to totally rely on FA. (shrug)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/offensive-line/

4 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

So has your opinion on our season changed yet @soflbillsfan ? lol

This is unbelievably pathetic to watch. Offensive line stinks. Peterman stinks. Penalties all over.

Edmunds has looked like a beast though.

I think they still come away with 7 wins.. I know ill catch flack for it but today everything that could happen happened or didnt exist. I think if McDermott would stop favoring Peterman and Ducasse and may make some changes it will help. Wyatt Teller is raw but put him out there with the 1s will allow him to learn and his ceiling is far greater then what ducasse can get to. Start Allen, as Peterman isnt anything special, whether Allen wins games or not who cares atleast he is getting the reps and experience to learn from.  Im not a coach but those 2 changes should be made on offense this week.
As for the defense I was impressed with the run stop and Edmunds, milano had shown some good plays and had a couple mistakes. Baffled by the Vontae Davis healthy scratch the whole 50k savings isnt worth it should have had him out there because Gaines was lost on a few plays and was a liability. I like the punter outside of the botch snap he had a fairly impressive kicking game averaging 49-50 yards far greater then schmidt 40-44 yards. I liked what murphy showed but nothing could get going with shady everytime he had a 5+ yd run it was called back because of the oline holding.
Its time for some form of change as Ducasse, Groy, and miller are horrid and the one early showing of newhouse being the 6th olineman out there ended up getting a penalty. Still would like to see what they could get for chance warmack and maybe put him or teller at RG and the other at LG after a few weeks of him being on the team.This all comes back on Peterman and the oline everything else that looked strong early on crumbled because of the lack of performance. I knew the defense would be gassed early and the ravens getting good field position because of the constant 3 and outs leading to issues on defense. I am not sure what trent murphy is doing as I didnt really see him out there hopefully he gets more reps so Lawson can get some breathing. 

Oline is a huge need LG, C, RG
WR is the next hole, kbenji disappointed me as the 2 passes that were dropped should have been catches including that td pass allen was throwing him to. Im not sure if it was the rain as an excuse or what but he definitely blew it on those 2. I would like to see them go after Sanu if that is an option I know it isnt an answer to a speedster but he is a fairly big guy and could be reliable with his hands which allen can use and they can land a speedster in the offseaon. I would like to kick the tires on Maclin too just to see if he has any speed left. 
CB2 Vontae not playing is a concern, is he not able to play anymore? if not what about Breeland he is still out there check to see if he is an option. 

Both Beane and McDermott have a busy week to get through

11 hours ago, Forge said:

No reason for Pitt to do that. My niners on the other hand? Hmmmm....

Thats a possibility but only if the Niners feel that they are and RB short of being a real contender. I didnt really watch much of the game to tell you whether he is or isnt going to be the difference maker to push them over the top in their division? Niners already dumped alot of money on McKinnon and they would still have to pay Shady the 2 years remaining on his contract which is fairly high so I doubt this is something they would look at. Marcus Murphy on the other hand maybe the type of guy to be the opposite of Alf Morris but I doubt that would happen either. People assume Pittsburgh simply because he is from that area and wouldn't mind going there but with the way connor played yesterday the running game isnt really an issue. They need Big Ben to stop throwing picks and the defense needs to step it up. 

20 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We play the Chargers next week. Pray for Josh.

Bosa should be out at least. And the good news is that at least the Chargers defense struggled against a big armed QB in week 1. Too bad we don't have any receivers with speed to capitalize off his one advantage

20 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Gonna be a long year. We need multiple WR, LG, C, RG, RT, DE, multiple LB's and a punter 

Hey Jordan Mille was one of our best players on the field... Shocker I know. Pretty sad when he is our 2nd best lineman. But he hasn't stood out and hasn't committed any penalties so far this season. 

Disagree on multiple LBs Milano and Edmunds we're bright spots. 

And the Punter seemed to have a good game except for that slip. But with as many times as he punted I'm surprised he only botched 1.

Add CB to the list. They picked on Taron Johnson and Phillip Gaines all day.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:17 AM, marshawn lynch said:

Bosa should be out at least. And the good news is that at least the Chargers defense struggled against a big armed QB in week 1. Too bad we don't have any receivers with speed to capitalize off his one advantage

Nobody is struggling against the Bills QBs. 

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Coming to troll a bills team after that waxing last night? Allen has an arm and could be a threat once he gets time to start. 

I'm not making absurd comments about my own team. You guys have by far the worst QB situation ive seen anyone have in years. Saying a team might struggle against your QBs was the most laughable thing ive read all week. Not trying to be a hater, I always root on the Bills. But c'mon lol. 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm not making absurd comments about my own team. You guys have by far the worst QB situation ive seen anyone have in years. Saying a team might struggle against your QBs was the most laughable thing ive read all week. Not trying to be a hater, I always root on the Bills. But c'mon lol. 

While I agree that hoping our rookie QB is going to cause a team to struggle is very wishful thinking I'm getting tired of the general attitude that Josh Allen is garbage off of zero evidence. Hes could ball out like Darnold did or he could be trash, we dont know because hes an unknown quantity. 

I dont expect him to have a great game for many reasons but the people just assuming hes **** is very frustrating, let the dude have a game first before making your opinion.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

While I agree that hoping our rookie QB is going to cause a team to struggle is very wishful thinking I'm getting tired of the general attitude that Josh Allen is garbage off of zero evidence. Hes could ball out like Darnold did or he could be trash, we dont know because hes an unknown quantity. 

I dont expect him to have a great game for many reasons but the people just assuming hes **** is very frustrating, let the dude have a game first before making your opinion.

Everyone knew Allen was the biggest project by far out of the Top 4 QBs taken. Which is why it didn't make much sense a playoff caliber team took him. Should of took Rosen imo. But yes, we will see Allen can do this year. Personally, I don't think he'll be ready until 2020. However, he definitely won't be as bad as Peterman. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Everyone knew Allen was the biggest project by far out of the Top 4 QBs taken. Which is why it didn't make much sense a playoff caliber team took him. Should of took Rosen imo. But yes, we will see Allen can do this year. Personally, I don't think he'll be ready until 2020. However, he definitely won't be as bad as Peterman. 

Its very possible. He's looked further along than I think any of us could really imagined in preseason. 

That being said, having Allen start a whole season surrounded by straight trash in his rookie year is not ideal. 

Archived