Troy Dynasty - NCAA14 || Season 5, Week 2 - Luck of the Irish?

Danger

Gary Stewart and the pass defense to the rescue!  Also Mendoza had a terrible game, despite what his QB rating would have you believe 

Your defense had heaps of trouble against the outside zone - is that because of the sort of players you target?

35 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Gary Stewart and the pass defense to the rescue!  Also Mendoza had a terrible game, despite what his QB rating would have you believe 

Your defense had heaps of trouble against the outside zone - is that because of the sort of players you target?

My defense had trouble against outside Zone? Can you elaborate? I'm not as savvy when it comes to some terminology's as others :S 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I am very sad about the switch to video/pic based. I usually go through these during slow times at work and this makes it harder. Boo

I did start by taking screenshots of Player stats inside the spoiler on that last video. I can start doing this for Team Stats as well as the Game Summary. I don't mind also doing recruiting updates in the old spreadsheet method. tl;dr I can implement both, but (aside from recruiting) I'll have screenshots where I used to have spreadsheets.

aRs0Eb0.png

So let's start by looking at the Giant Elephant in the stadium down at the bottom left there. Their QB threw for FOUR picks. I believe that's a record for Troy during Pete Holmes' tenure. Otherwise we just more or less outperformed them in every stage of the game marginally. Nothing too exciting. 

9rSjPii.png

Mendoza absolutely just picked them apart. He had a couple of passes that were questionable reads early in the game, but after that it was lights out. 4 Touchdowns and no picks to be seen. Multiple plays over 20 yards in this game for Ryan.

IEHyL9c.png

Gary Stewart has just been the pinnacle of consistency this season. Never really busts any long runs, but he still manages to average over 5 YPC. Meanwhile Jason Downing is stealing all of his TDs down by the Goal line after the workhorse gets tired. 

x3gflgj.png

Man, am I gonna miss Sam Letton after this season ends. Parham also had 2 TD grabs himself. Whoever I put at the TE1 spot seems to do pretty well.

V24EBH2.png

Man I can't tell you how thankful I am CB Nick Wright decided to transfer to Troy from Clemson. He now has 6 picks on the season threw 8 games. They've come in bunches of 2 each time. Joseph Norwood and David Sharp also each got their mitts on the ball once. Surprisingly only one sack in this game (By Sophomore DE Corey Wade), but it makes sense if their QB was just hurling it out there instead of taking the sacks.

Recruiting update in spreadsheet form will come tomorrow.

How is that @JBURGE

Edited by Danger

19 hours ago, Danger said:
  Hide contents

aRs0Eb0.png

So let's start by looking at the Giant Elephant in the stadium down at the bottom left there. Their QB threw for FOUR picks. I believe that's a record for Troy during Pete Holmes' tenure. Otherwise we just more or less outperformed them in every stage of the game marginally. Nothing too exciting. 

9rSjPii.png

Mendoza absolutely just picked them apart. He had a couple of passes that were questionable reads early in the game, but after that it was lights out. 4 Touchdowns and no picks to be seen. Multiple plays over 20 yards in this game for Ryan.

IEHyL9c.png

Gary Stewart has just been the pinnacle of consistency this season. Never really busts any long runs, but he still manages to average over 5 YPC. Meanwhile Jason Downing is stealing all of his TDs down by the Goal line after the workhorse gets tired. 

x3gflgj.png

Man, am I gonna miss Sam Letton after this season ends. Parham also had 2 TD grabs himself. Whoever I put at the TE1 spot seems to do pretty well.

V24EBH2.png

Man I can't tell you how thankful I am CB Nick Wright decided to transfer to Troy from Clemson. He now has 6 picks on the season threw 8 games. They've come in bunches of 2 each time. Joseph Norwood and David Sharp also each got their mitts on the ball once. Surprisingly only one sack in this game (By Sophomore DE Corey Wade), but it makes sense if their QB was just hurling it out there instead of taking the sacks.

Recruiting update in spreadsheet form will come tomorrow.

How is that @JBURGE

I’d rather see the spreadsheet of the recruits tbh

• 4 weeks later...

X9GGGlz.png
Mendoza was flawless on the day. He only had two times he didn't complete a pass on a dropback. Once the ball was dropped by Letton for his only incompletion, and the other he took a sack which pushed us out of field goal range before the half, though we were up by 32 at that point I believe so it wasn't a big deal.

Yfm5U3w.png
Gary Stewart had a good day, had some touchdowns taken at the goal line by Jason Downing but what else is new. Gary almost broke off a long one but was ankle tackled by the last defender.

xy0lXOd.png

TE Waltar Ramirez caught a HUUUUUUUGE 76 yard bomb at the start of the 2nd quarter to put us up 28-0. Parham also had a 37 Yard Touchdown as well as another one during first and goal. Both of those came in the 1st quarter. Letton killed Mendoza's perfect day. :(

ubXExzW.jpg

Two stand out defensive players in this game. DT Marcus Webb to no one's surprise. He had 3 sacks... and well that was it, but still a good day. And Nickel CB David Sharp picked off another one. I believe that's his 3rd or 4th pick of the season. Otherwise, there wasn't really that much for our defense to do.

All in all we struck fast and early in this one, they were out of the game before they knew what him them.

2 things.

Unfortunately I forgot to change my voice input from my laptop to my microphone so the sound quality and volume is really bad. Tried to cut out bits where it was really off kilter, that's why the episode is a bit shorter than usual.
MKnight, I'll get the recruiting spreadsheet before I start recording the game against Nebraska tomorrow.

• Like 1

Week 13 Recruiting
Actively Recruited Prospects
OVR Rank Position Rank Star Name OVR Position Interest Visit Points In Net Change Lead/Deficit
104 6 ★★★★☆ Patrick Green 81 (+5) DT 1st Week 8 700 210 1550
100 11 ★★★★☆ Terry McCarthy 80 (+4) DE 1st Week 8 0 420 8535
62 2 ★★★★☆ Ismael Summers 79 (+1) SS 1st Week 8 700 230 360
JUCO (SO) 18 ★★★☆☆ Randy Moore 80 CB 1st Week 14 700 -385 585
279 8 ★★★★☆ Brian Gilmore 76 (+3) C 1st Week 14 0 275 4540
JUCO (SO) 43 ★★★★☆ Chris Rice 81 (+2) ATH (QB/WR/RB) 1st Week 14 0 1015 4170
466 28 ★★★☆☆ Pete Walton 75 (+4) OLB 1st Week 14 700 215 1025
59 14 ★★★★☆ Eric Clark 79 (+5) ATH (RB/QB) 1st Week 14 700 890 2785
234 44 ★★★★☆ Youdlain Harrell 76 (+6) ATH (RB/TE) 1st   700 195 1245
64 3 ★★★★☆ Ben Butler 74 (-1) DT 2nd Week 8 700 1155 -530
720 37 ★★★☆☆ Matt Jones 73 (+5) QB 4th   700 140 -435
81 18 ★★★★☆ Reggie Davis 72 ATH (SS/QB/RB) 1st   700 190 1395

Top 3 Unsigned Recruits on Recruiting Board, but not Actively Recruited
OVR Rank Position Rank Star Name OVR Position Interest Visit Points In Net Change Lead/Deficit
      N/A              
      N/A              
      N/A              

Verbal Commits to Troy
75 5 ★★★★☆ Chris Marshall 80 (+3) DE Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
154 2 ★★★★☆ Quinton Wade 78 (+3) T Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
20 5 ★★★★★ Marcus Mason 78 (+3) ATH (DB/QB/RB) Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
374 3 ★★★☆☆ Levi Cooke 79 (+7) OLB Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
688 25 ★★★☆☆ Jake McIntyre 75 (+6) FS Committed Week 8   Committed Committed
266 18 ★★★★☆ Jeff McNeal 77 (+4) DT Committed Week 8   Committed Committed

@MKnight82

• Like 2

PxAcufy.png

Their QB can't throw the ball to save his life. Roughly 4.5 yards an attempt, 1-10 on combined 3rd and 4th downs. Oh sure they ran all over us, but they were completely one dimensional.

PICBRD4.png

Mendoza absolutely shredded in the first half. He had over 200 yards in the first quarter I believe, but he didn't do much of anything in the 2nd half. We wound up relying much more on the running game and the defense. And sometimes, that's ok!

7O3Zq11.png

Speaking of the running game. Gary Stewart had his best game of the season. 2 of his touchdowns came in the first half, but the majority of his yards as well as his first downs came in the 2nd half where he more or less took over.

WHfdlS7.png

Mendoza seems to be more comfortable throwing deeper passes more frequently as of late. No one had a stellar game but everyone more or less contributed. RS Freshman Jesse Daniels got his first career Touchdown grab.

idoxtDZ.png

Nothing really exciting on the defensive front. When they're just running around your defensive line all the time you won't see too many flashy numbers I suppose. Still I won't complain about a day with 3 sacks.

• Like 1

Week 14 Recruiting
Actively Recruited Prospects
104 6 ★★★★☆ Patrick Green 81 (+5) DT 2nd Week 8 700 -1560 -120
62 2 ★★★★☆ Ismael Summers 79 (+1) SS 1st Week 8 700 200 555
JUCO (SO) 18 ★★★☆☆ Randy Moore 80 CB 1st Week 14 700 225 825
JUCO (SO) 43 ★★★★☆ Chris Rice 81 (+2) ATH (QB/WR/RB) 1st Week 14 0 315 4485
466 28 ★★★☆☆ Pete Walton 75 (+4) OLB 1st Week 14 700 225 1260
59 14 ★★★★☆ Eric Clark 79 (+5) ATH (RB/QB) 1st Week 14 700 890 3670
234 44 ★★★★☆ Youdlain Harrell 76 (+6) ATH (RB/TE) 1st   700 80 1335
64 3 ★★★★☆ Ben Butler 74 (-1) DT 2nd Week 8 700 150 -380
720 37 ★★★☆☆ Matt Jones 73 (+5) QB 1st   700 440 440
81 18 ★★★★☆ Reggie Davis 72 ATH (SS/QB/RB) 1st Week 14 700 905 2320

Top 3 Unsigned Recruits on Recruiting Board, but not Actively Recruited
      N/A              
      N/A              
      N/A              

Verbal Commits to Troy
75 5 ★★★★☆ Chris Marshall 80 (+3) DE Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
154 2 ★★★★☆ Quinton Wade 78 (+3) T Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
20 5 ★★★★★ Marcus Mason 78 (+3) ATH (DB/QB/RB) Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
374 3 ★★★☆☆ Levi Cooke 79 (+7) OLB Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
688 25 ★★★☆☆ Jake McIntyre 75 (+6) FS Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
266 18 ★★★★☆ Jeff McNeal 77 (+4) DT Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
100 11 ★★★★☆ Terry McCarthy 80 (+4) DE Committed Week 8 - Committed Committed
279 8 ★★★★☆ Brian Gilmore 76 (+3) C Committed Week 14 - Committed Committed

Commits: 
DE Terry McCarthy is a really good steal at DE and will form a dynamic duo for years alongside fellow commit Chris Marshall
C/G Brian Gilmore, We will see how much he figures into the picture, he won't get playing time in his early seasons, but maybe his last two years at Guard. Solid depth if nothing else.

Notes:
Lost a lot of Ground on DT Patrick Green because UCF just had their visit. I fully plan to go all out on him in the off season.
Expect JUCO (SO) CB Randy Moore, ATH Chris Rice, and OLB Pete Walton to commit next week. Eric Clark should be an easy pickup in week 15 or the offseason.

• Like 1

jL7CmQx.png

SUPER defensive battle in this one. Neither team could really get the run going, and Mizzou struggled mightily in the red zone having to settle for a Field Goal in all 3 trips.

8qaeBeE.png

Mendoza didn't really lose this game, but he sure as heck didn't do much to try and win it either. Uncharacteristic game by him, guess he was just due in this case.

1lmqqVW.png

Runningbacks didn't do him many favors, so I guess that means it boils down to the offensive line not having the greatest of days?

EybyMQV.png

Nothing really notable here in receiving other than that Jesse Daniels got his 2nd receiving touchdown in as many games. Parham was the main chain mover today.

qsEQCjK.jpg

Defensive Line + SS Matt Yates carried this game pretty spectacularly amassing a total of 5 sacks. This was very much a dull game honestly.