? Week One: Bucs (0-0) @ Saints (0-0)

bucsfan333

Overreaction after only one week and some player injuries, but if Dirk and co do well enough (whatever the Glazers define that as) to return for a 4th year, especially if the offense is rolling, what is the likelihood Smith is fired if the defense clearly held us back this year? I’d be all about hiring Del Rio next year if he doesn’t get a HC nod. Just a thought.

3 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Overreaction after only one week and some player injuries, but if Dirk and co do well enough (whatever the Glazers define that as) to return for a 4th year, especially if the offense is rolling, what is the likelihood Smith is fired if the defense clearly held us back this year? I’d be all about hiring Del Rio next year if he doesn’t get a HC nod. Just a thought.

He will fire Smith next year if they hold the team back. Del Rio might be the guy but I hope not. I want someone else instead.

17 minutes ago, indifference said:

He will fire Smith next year if they hold the team back. Del Rio might be the guy but I hope not. I want someone else instead.

My sense is the organization won't let Koetter have final say over Smith s replacement.  I certainly don't believe Koetter was the driving force behind the firing of Jay Hayes and hiring of Buckner.  Historical precedence was set under Malcolm Glazer with the different OCs Tony Dungy ran through during his tenure.

26 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My sense is the organization won't let Koetter have final say over Smith s replacement.  I certainly don't believe Koetter was the driving force behind the firing of Jay Hayes and hiring of Buckner.  Historical precedence was set under Malcolm Glazer with the different OCs Tony Dungy ran through during his tenure.

Probably be Jason Licht call.

Archived