Week 1: Jacksonville Jaguars @ New York Giants

Acgott

It was a loss, but it was an encouraging loss. Lots to like, lots of mistakes. Biggest thing is that it was entertaining the whole way through and we were in it until the very end. That's more than we can say about almost any game last year. And the Jags are a good team. 

Yea I wasn't expecting a win so I'm not too upset. They held their own against a playoff caliber team. Oline by far the glaring weakness. I was impressed with the D. Eli was decent..couple of errant throws but on a rainy day against a tough D he played good enough to win. Just came up short against a superior team. I concur...encouraging loss. I'll take this team over Macadoo's for sure.

In my prediction for the season, I had us winning this game then losing the next 3 (@DAL, @HOU, NO). All 3 of those teams at 0-1 and all looked not as good as I was expecting.

My optimistic prediction for this year was 9-7. I would feel pretty good about an 8-8 record. This was always going to be a 2 year rebuild. 

16 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

The o-line isn’t far from good we can say that pretty confidently. How bad they are is difficult to judge this week given the opponent. Same applies to our defense. I dont know what our defense is. One thing for certain, Flowers is sooo bad.

Ereck Flowers has no business being in the NFL let alone starting. You could put an actual Gorilla out there and they'd do better. 

Your O-Line was in fact awful. But as you and we all expected, the right side is the worst. Nate Solder could have done better but wasn't terrible. Barkley had no running lanes all day. and Eli didn't exactly have much time to throw either. 

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ereck Flowers has no business being in the NFL let alone starting. You could put an actual Gorilla out there and they'd do better. 

Your O-Line was in fact awful. But as you and we all expected, the right side is the worst. Nate Solder could have done better but wasn't terrible. Barkley had no running lanes all day. and Eli didn't exactly have much time to throw either. 

People are crapping on Eli yesterday. Eli could’ve been better but by no means was he bad. He missed Odell deep. But for the most part he was OK. Jags have a great front 7. Flowers is just...his play on the interception was just horrific and inexplicable.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

People are crapping on Eli yesterday. Eli could’ve been better but by no means was he bad. He missed Odell deep. But for the most part he was OK. Jags have a great front 7. Flowers is just...his play on the interception was just horrific and inexplicable.

I'm not blaming Eli at all, personally. Given the situation he was in, he looked sharp.

Encouraging signs in this loss but unfortunately, this also has the look of a team that's going to lose a different way each week. Some offenses are going to move the ball all over this defense. When the D plays well, the OL is going to play like it did Sunday. When those two things are going well, Eli will have one of his head scratching games. 

But damn, it was fun watching OBJ and Saquon do their thing out there.. the pieces are there but we're too thin this year. Here's hoping Eli can truly play at a high enough level to let us fill this roster out over the next season or two. #onemorerun

Archived