Seahawks 2nd round draft pick watch

Texansfan713

Yep - gunna be a top 50 pick at least, maybe 40.  Unfortunately, they are in the worst division in football and Wilson is worth 6-7 wins by himself if he doesn't finally break (he took 6 more sacks today) under the weight of Carroll's annual plan to surround him with less every year.  Cardinals are in a race for #1 overall with Buffalo, Oak, Dallas and the New York's.  The SF hype train tops out at 7 wins to me.  

14 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Yep - gunna be a top 50 pick at least, maybe 40.  Unfortunately, they are in the worst division in football and Wilson is worth 6-7 wins by himself if he doesn't finally break (he took 6 more sacks today) under the weight of Carroll's annual plan to surround him with less every year.  Cardinals are in a race for #1 overall with Buffalo, Oak, Dallas and the New York's.  The SF hype train tops out at 7 wins to me.  

IDK.  Their schedule is pretty tough.  I can see them being 5-11. 

I think the Bills are a lock for the #1 pick, and I dont think its even close. 

I think a top 40 pick from the seahawks, would be enough to combine with our 2nd round pick and move into the 28-30 range of round 1 and draft another guy. If we could come out of the draft with 2 sure fire starters that would be great. Heck I would even be willing to draft two CBs in round 1. 

Tackle seems like an obvious need at the moment, but we have a 3rd round rookie and 2nd year 4th rounder starting the next 15 games, so at this moment its hard to tell whether or not tackle is going to be a need in the long term. 

I would even be willing to trade our 1st and 2 2nds to move up if there is a lock down CB in the draft. I think that is our major weakness. 

So, Seattle may have a worse offensive line than we do. Duane Brown isn't helping Seattle at LT, Russell Wilson might not make it a full 16 if he keeps on taking a beating like this (took six sacks today). 

This is going to be a premium pick. We might have two top 5 picks in the 2nd round...

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, Seattle may have a worse offensive line than we do. Duane Brown isn't helping Seattle at LT, Russell Wilson might not make it a full 16 if he keeps on taking a beating like this (took six sacks today). 

This is going to be a premium pick. We might have two top 5 picks in the 2nd round...

I think we are about to win 4 straight games and get to the bye week 5-4 and so I doubt we pick in the top 5. I also think the Seahawks will get a little better, but still its looking good. 

I am also trusting our new GM a lot more. He went out and drafted 4 possible long term starters (Reid, Akins, Rankin, Ejiofor) without a 1st or 2nd round pick. I dont care who you are, that is impressive if this comes to pass. 

Either way, next year we will have 3 picks all higher than what we had in 2018's draft. Possibly more if we do the right thing and flip Clowney, which I believe can happen for another 2nd rounder. 

Archived