Seahawks 2nd round draft pick watch

Texansfan713

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, amazingandre said:

I would love to see Gaine throw this pick to Arizona for Patrick Peterson

Id give them our 2nd rounder as well. a Shut down CB is the last thing our D needs to be the best in the NFL. Joseph is a solid #2, and our safeties are playing lights out. two 2nd rounders is the best package they will get for peterson, and it ups our super bowl odds. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Id give them our 2nd rounder as well. a Shut down CB is the last thing our D needs to be the best in the NFL. Joseph is a solid #2, and our safeties are playing lights out. two 2nd rounders is the best package they will get for peterson, and it ups our super bowl odds. 

Sign me up for this as well. If you can decisively answer the need at CB without drafting a guy in the 1st, it's a significant win for this roster. Peterson is a guy who will see some decline in the next 2-3 years due to age, but his football IQ will keep him as a #1 CB until he's in his mid 30s - six good years to lean on in a trade. 

Two 2nds for Peterson, then use your 1st on a LT and 3rd on a RT, kick Rankin to compete for one of the two spots at G, use Davenport as a swing/rotation T and you have an incredibly strong roster that will compete in the AFC.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sign me up for this as well. If you can decisively answer the need at CB without drafting a guy in the 1st, it's a significant win for this roster. Peterson is a guy who will see some decline in the next 2-3 years due to age, but his football IQ will keep him as a #1 CB until he's in his mid 30s - six good years to lean on in a trade. 

Two 2nds for Peterson, then use your 1st on a LT and 3rd on a RT, kick Rankin to compete for one of the two spots at G, use Davenport as a swing/rotation T and you have an incredibly strong roster that will compete in the AFC.

too bad all indications are that the cards arent trading Peterson

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

too bad all indications are that the cards arent trading Peterson

Everybody has a price, and two 2nd round picks is a nice starting price. You're probably right, but you also never know...

Honestly? Peterson is my primary choice if we're moving one of the 2nd round picks, but I'd be just as willing to move that pick for Raiders CB Gareon Conley, Denver's Bradley Roby or NYGs Eli Apple (all rumored to be available in some capacity). 

Granted, I'm not moving BOTH 2nd round picks for any of them (unless it's a flip between our additional 2nd and their 3rd). I actually might have a pretty strong appetite for Conley, I liked him coming out of the draft before the sexual assault allegations came to light.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Honestly? Peterson is my primary choice if we're moving one of the 2nd round picks, but I'd be just as willing to move that pick for Raiders CB Gareon Conley, Denver's Bradley Roby or NYGs Eli Apple (all rumored to be available in some capacity). 

Granted, I'm not moving BOTH 2nd round picks for any of them (unless it's a flip between our additional 2nd and their 3rd). I actually might have a pretty strong appetite for Conley, I liked him coming out of the draft before the sexual assault allegations came to light.

Roby would be my 1st choice in FA this year 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Gaine needs to make the call, Peterson is now requesting a trade - he wants to go to the Saints, but Honey Badger can talk him into Houston.

C'mon Gaine!!! I believe in you!

might take a first rounder now.   gruden fleeced jerry jones getting a first rounder for cooper. lol

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

might take a first rounder now.   gruden fleeced jerry jones getting a first rounder for cooper. lol

I'm actually willing to consider this. Peterson would be such a big pickup.

If we do pursue PPete, who is one of only four  (4) teams that doesn't play AZ before PPete's contract runs out?  Htown (+Indy + TN + JAX).  Pretty sure TN and JAX believe they are set at CB.

So it may come down to us vs. Indy.

I would go our 2nd + conditional 2019 2nd (becomes 1st if Texans make AFC Conf. Champ.).  Would throw in KJo if AZ wanted (doubt it... but would offer nonetheless)

11 hours ago, jch1911 said:

If we do pursue PPete, who is one of only four  (4) teams that doesn't play AZ before PPete's contract runs out?  Htown (+Indy + TN + JAX).  Pretty sure TN and JAX believe they are set at CB.

So it may come down to us vs. Indy.

I would go our 2nd + conditional 2019 2nd (becomes 1st if Texans make AFC Conf. Champ.).  Would throw in KJo if AZ wanted (doubt it... but would offer nonetheless)

From the sounds of it... Saints, Eagles and Patriots are all talking to the Cardinals. Houston isn't even mentioned as a potential spot. 

Saints and Eagles both lack the cap space, but a pick/player type deal would probably get something done.

I'm hoping that the Cards are only picking up the phone for teams that Peterson approved, because if we're not looking into this, we're really ignoring the current state of the team. When Sharice Wright is your top CB, you do not have a good CB unit.

Archived