Broncos Forum Unofficial Fantasy League

Joe_is_the_best

@champ11 I feel you H2H FF is the most luck driven of all fantasy sports.  Stupid enough to sit Landry because of weather concerns and post the 7th highest score - but still a W.   

Its all good it’s a casual league with fellow FF Bronco fans.  And ESPN is free so it’s at the right price too lol.  But I avoid H2H reg season in leagues where we put in $.  Way too much luck involved lol. .  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

@champ11 I feel you H2H FF is the most luck driven of all fantasy sports.  Stupid enough to sit Landry because of weather concerns and post the 7th highest score - but still a W.   

Its all good it’s a casual league with fellow FF Bronco fans.  And ESPN is free so it’s at the right price too lol.  But I avoid H2H reg season in leagues where we put in $.  Way too much luck involved lol. .  

Do you dabble in roto for fantasy football? I love roto for fantasy baseball but have never tried it for football. At the end of the season there is just no disputing who the best team is, it's always fair. H2H can be so lucky/unlucky.

11 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

Do you dabble in roto for fantasy football? I love roto for fantasy baseball but have never tried it for football. At the end of the season there is just no disputing who the best team is, it's always fair. H2H can be so lucky/unlucky.

We do total points reg. season, H2H playoffs.   Total points for entire season we used to do - but while it's the purest, too many teams lose interest.   Mixing it up with points reg. season and giving prize $ that's close to playoff $ for 1st/2nd reg. season then helps smooth out the luck factor in who gets $.   H2H playoffs still have mega-luck involved (last year the Gurley/Kamara owner lost in semis lol).   But that's a tradeoff for making it a fun experience (and giving reg. season $ to the top teams helps a lot there too).

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

xD

I was sweating that one, especially when Rodgers went down. I may be needing a QB though. 

1QB leagues, the WW has lots of options....I'm sure you won't miss ARod one bit.  :(

(I will readily admit as much as I discount QB, I would have popped him at 4.2 if you didn't go 4.1 on him).

@champ11 in a PPR you'd be nuts to accept.  McCaffrey is a PPR stud.   Top 5-8 RB.

But in a nonPPR, standard scoring setup, I'd say it's fair. Conner is going to be there for at least 4 weeks, and perhaps up to 10.  You will lose him after Week 10 at the latest, no doubt (but even then I'd stash him, risk of injury with that layoff makes him an auto-stash even if you don't own Bell).   Until then, he's a top 10 RB.

And again, I love the future of Freeman/Lindsay - but there is just no way Lindsay can take 15 carries a week.   He'll break well before that.  He's a Tarik-Cohen type weapon.    Freeman is getting 15-20 carries a game and GL work.   In standard, volume and GL work is way more important (as opposed to 3rd down work and targets + carries in PPR).    If Freeman is the 15-20 carry bellcow by the time Conner loses his job, then it's probably a wash - but you've gained having both all those weeks b4.    The only way you lose is either Bell reports early (not looking good), Freeman gets hurt, or CMC suddenly surges up in  rushing volume (and CAR just lost their RT for the season, and Greg Olsen for 8-10 weeks with a repeat Jones fracture). And keep in mind Norv Turner is allowing Cam to run the ball in the RZ again.   Again, none of that matters nearly as much in a PPR - but in standard, that ALL matters.

So yeah, I do it....but ONLY in a standard.  CMC is a PPR stud.  And will only get better.  But standard kills the value a lot here.   If this is redraft, pull the trigger and sleep easy. 

P.S.  Your RB corps isn't as bad as you think, although in PPR it would be far stronger.  Hyde should do fine...until he gets hurt (he always does).   Penny will take over once SEA is out of contention, Carroll admitted that Penny is not in game shape, so he's going to ride Carson for now (the key words - for now).  I'd play matchups and start Freeman/Hyde with Conner (and maybe FLEX the 3rd guy out), if you do the deal. 

Archived