Broncos Forum Unofficial Fantasy League

Joe_is_the_best

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Thanks for the advice @broncofan, knew I could count on you lol. I did it...think it will be more fun to roll the dice on the trade

No prob.  Btw just so it’s clear expect CMC to put up a huge week vs.  ATL.  I’d have said to wait but Conner’s value is in getting him now.  And if all goes to plan I’d hope we see Freeman get 20+ carries this week vs. OAK.  

Any other offer for CMC I’d have said wait because his value is going up but getting Conner only makes sense to do it now.  Good luck!  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

No prob.  Btw just so it’s clear expect CMC to put up a huge week vs.  ATL.  I’d have said to wait but Conner’s value is in getting him now.  And if all goes to plan I’d hope we see Freeman get 20+ carries this week vs. OAK.  

Any other offer for CMC I’d have said wait because his value is going up but getting Conner only makes sense to do it now.  Good luck!  

I think that will depend on his "playing within the offense".

The very first pic @lomaxgrUK posted was a jaw dropper. Either Freeman didn't know the play and where the hole was going to be or he decided to improvise.

Either one will get him pulled quick. Lindsay would have made a large gain out of that.

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I think that will depend on his "playing within the offense".

The very first pic @lomaxgrUK posted was a jaw dropper. Either Freeman didn't know the play and where the hole was going to be or he decided to improvise.

Either one will get him pulled quick. Lindsay would have made a large gain out of that.

The one big knock on Freeman besides knowledge is that in Oregon, he had highway-sized running lanes to run through.   So college tape doesn't give much of a chance to evaluate Freeman's vision and recognition abilities.  Now, in the PS, he showed excellent vision, so it could be that was just a brain cramp play.   But it's still a fair Q to raise when we think of his long-term standing in DEN.

The issue with Lindsay is at 5'9, 180, he won't hold up to even 200+ carries a year (15 a game obv is 240).   So the staff is going to try and give Freeman every chance to establish himself as the hammer.  I had my doubts going into the PS for the above reasons, but Freeman has the other skills to be the 2-down hammer.   So how he fares against an OAK O that will be vulnerable to the run especially as they wear down in altitude, that should be an excellent test. 

Now, in terms of FF, it being a standard league takes a huge amount of value away from CMC.   If it was a PPR league, easy no-brainer decline.  But in standard, it's all about volume & GL work.  Really hurts CMC in that format. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The issue with Lindsay is at 5'9, 180, he won't hold up to even 200+ carries a year (15 a game obv is 240).   So the staff is going to try and give Freeman every chance to establish himself as the hammer.  I had my doubts going into the PS for the above reasons, but Freeman has the other skills to be the 2-down hammer.   So how he fares against an OAK O that will be vulnerable to the run especially as they wear down in altitude, that should be an excellent test. 

So, can't disagree with the conventional wisdom in that respect. There are major exceptions though IE Barry Sanders. Similar size, but never seemed to take a hard shot. 

Lindsay seems to have a bit of that "squirt through a hole" to him also. Sanders averaged close to 350 touches per season. I'm not suggesting we try the same with Lindsay, just that he may be able to take a little more load than you mention. It'll be interesting to see how the coaching staff utilizes them through the season.

22 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, can't disagree with the conventional wisdom in that respect. There are major exceptions though IE Barry Sanders. Similar size, but never seemed to take a hard shot. 

Lindsay seems to have a bit of that "squirt through a hole" to him also. Sanders averaged close to 350 touches per season. I'm not suggesting we try the same with Lindsay, just that he may be able to take a little more load than you mention. It'll be interesting to see how the coaching staff utilizes them through the season.

Yeah there are exceptions to the rule.  Just Sanders literally was a guy with unbelievable lateral agility and burst.  His highlight film defies the physical laws of nature.    I agree Lindsay has some wiggle in tight spaces - more how can he hold up to constant work.  And he’s a home run threat every time he gets it in space.  Just a long way from that level or the exceptions that prove the rule.   

I will say Lindsay has clearly surprised me getting early PT.    Musgrave kinda played that close to the vest as he just kept referring Lindsay’s need to get pass pro down to see the field, and that was a clear weakness in the public practices.   Maybe the light came on there in private sessions.  Either way if he’s really able to pass protect then it changes Booker’s shelf life with us - he’s still useful since he knows the playbook and is a threat as a pass catcher.  But Lindsay has that much more juice as a catch and runner.  

I think the most likely outcome is we found that Tarik Cohen / Chris Thompson / Theo Riddick 3rd down / 2-minute drill & CoP difference maker. Which as a UDFA is a fantastic result.   Those guys are true elite pass-catching / CoP difference makers.   Those guys not only can make plays but they open things up for their teammates as more attention gets thrown they’d way.   

What’s also notable about those 3 guys (Cohen being year 2 so unclear on him) is that when teams try to use them more - they break down.(and they have that special juice and running wiggle which is why teams get tempted to expand their use).  Unless Freeman is a compete bust (which seems unlikely) it seems like we’d be better served to manage the workloads conventionally.  

Down 36.4 pts, and only 2 guys left to play for me - ARod (with an awful Trubisky at QB)......and the CHI DST.

ARob 10/84 for 18.4 points, and CHI DST with 6 sacks (6), 1 INT (2) for a pick-6 (6), fumble recovery (2), 276 net yards allowed (2), and 17 pts allowed (1) - for 19 points.   Win by 0.9.  

Holy crap.   Tough L @lomaxgrUK I really thought you had me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived