Week 1: Eagles vs Falcons; Nicky Nine and the Banner Raising

Kiltman

24 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Do we have to make the Falcons forum a GDT like we did in the playoffs?

Seem to work out for us pretty well then....

Nah. Don't tempt fate. Don't need others doing the same in our forum. Besides, they'll come in here eventually.

13 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

It was a close one til the late 4th quarter Falcons won though 27 - 17.  Got a TD with 3 minutes left to go up by 10 instead of 3 with the eagles turning it over on downs with 48 seconds left on their 24 yard line.

Player of the game  Matt Ryan 22 for 32 297 yards 2 TD's 0 int's  and 13 cups of gatorade.

Is that really all you scored playing Madden with the Falcons Offense? Shame on you!?

1 hour ago, Danger said:

We all know the Falcons forum is bumpin but @scar988 @megatechpc @FalconFan13 you and your cohorts are more than welcome to join us in here. We'll tell you all about how to secure a win against New England. ^_^

Nah, but seriously, if you wanna talk about the game drop by here, it seems there are a decent number of Falcons fans on this site, but none of y'all use your own forum really.

Thanks for the invite lol.  I have said repeatedly that I really believe the Falcons have the best overall roster in the NFL going into this season (and being a Falcons fan, I'm certainly far from unbiased), but I have also repeatedly said that the Eagles (and especially playing in Philly) has historically been very tough for us.  We always seem to lose in Philly for whatever reason, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Falcons struggle (especially scoring TD's) Thursday night.  That said, I like our chances well enough.  Both teams suffered horrific preseasons in which our starting offenses couldn't get anything going at all, but we all know how predictive preseason is.  The real key to this game will be the play-calling and whether or not Sark has learned anything from the debacle in Philly last year.  Like it or not, Atlanta absolutely SHOULD'VE won that game and they played the Eagles better than any other team did in the playoffs.  I expect the Falcons defense to be even better than they were last season so Foles better watch out (especially with Beasley healthy and returning to a pure pass-rushing role).  Our secondary is constantly underrated and Trufant will shut down his side of the field.  That will leave the Eagles trying to pick on Alford on the other side, but Rocky is very aggressive to the ball so don't be surprised if he ends up with a pick or a pick-6 in this game.

The first game of the regular season is always weird in the NFL almost like a continuation of the preseason, so I don't expect to see flawless play from either team, but with how short-handed the Eagles are going in I would say Atlanta absolutely should win this game, possibly handily.  But their history playing in Philly can't simply be ignored no matter what I think should happen on paper so we will see.  No matter the result, whichever team loses will face an avalanche of media overreaction regardless of the fact that starting out 0-1 in this game won't hinder either team from being able to get where they want to go.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Is that really all you scored playing Madden with the Falcons Offense? Shame on you!?

If anything i wouldn't have gotten 27 on madden probably xD  I haven't played that game since like 2011 so unless it's the same as then almost a 30 spot would be a strong showing for me im guessing.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dude, it's distracting when your dill's swingin in the wind. It throw's off his center of gravity.

Pretty much whenever he falls over like in last weeks Cleveland game or misses his WR, its pretty obviously due to his massive member. 

Must be what they call one a dem "good problems"

In before wood polish gif

General predction: I think our OL mauls their DL, our DL mauls their OL, and we win the game 27-17 despite a shaky performance from Foles. 

Specific Prediction: Matt Ryan gets hit early and often. Cam Johnston has a 68 yard punt. Goedert catches a TD on a play action pass. Ertz catches a TD on a screen. Clement runs one in. Jake Elliot makes a 55 yarder, a 48 yarder, and misses a 37 yarder off the left goal post. Fletcher Cox gets 2 sacks. Jordan Hicks finishes with 13 tackles. Mike Trout will show up despite having to play the next day.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

DVPa0V9XkAAE5_2.jpg

Welcome back fellow World Champs, in a show of sportsmanship..Carson will remain on ice for a couple weeks.
We do have 15 more years and a bunch of championships to consider afterall.

In his stead, we have the man who showed us how much how quickly he could grow under pressure.
47719-nick-foles-getty-facebook.800w.tn.

Nicky Nine leads yet another team with key guys missing, that everyone is counting out against a talented Atlanta team in the Linc.

The Phoenix burns strong as the early leader for the wideouts while Alshon is out. A ragtag group who will have to figure it out til he returns.

Ertz looks to continue to be one of the best in the game and the addition of Goedert gives us 3 6'5"+ targets with Alshon..Redzone will be fun.

OLine is looking as strong and deep as ever and should start the year strong with Peters back at LT.

Jim Schwartz's defense was the biggest bright spot in the preseason. Solid play from all 3 levels. 
USATSI_10428663.2e16d0ba.fill-1200x630-c

The DLine depth will be needed at Graham is just now getting back and with Timmy Jernigan out for awhile
Luckily Fletcher Cox looks better than ever, and he was already an All-Pro..look for him to blow up the middle of that Atlanta line early and often.
FLETCHERCOX.jpg

Corners are perhaps the deepest they have been since 2002/2003 and Malcolm Jenkins is keeping all together and focused on the repeat at safety

usa-today-9008222.0.jpg

Falconsmatt-ryan-020417-usnews-getty-ftr_aohx6m

Atlanta brings back, Jalen Ramsey's #1 most overrated QB in hometown Matt Ryan, Best receiver who can't seem to catch Julio Jones, and a bunch of other pretty good players who know one seems to want to learn the names of.

Lead by Dan Quinn, a man so tough and military that he sleeps on a metal cot since age eleven. Giving him his iconic weird head shape.
020117_dan-quinn_1200.jpg

Steve Sarkisian, scapegoat/the only reason they lost (depending who you ask)...who's spent all offseason figuring out new ways to not use his talented players.
newsEngin.18837845_SteveSarkisian0607201

Thomas Dimitroff, perennial runner-up to Howie for balliest/coolest GM...but clearly tries 1000% harder

See the source image

Arthur Blank, currently tied for coming down to the sideline too early with Jerry Jones...but he has a unique sadness to his that sets him apart.

bv9Dtl1.gif

We will be doing something we haven't done since the 1961 season...defend a championship.
Be the ones everyone measures themselves against...

We are injured all over,
Counted out by many,
But somehow...like always, 
Atlanta will somehow keep us in the game and lose like they do whenever it seems to matter.

Let's raise that banner and go get another one

This was hilarious!

Archived