Game 1, 2018: @ Detroit Lions [MNF]

Bianconero

Nice win. We did a lot good. I hope we can build off of this. Love seeing how Darnold bounced back after as bad of a start can get. You eliminate that mistake and he was 16/20 198yds and 2 TDs 0 INTs. Which is very good. That early INT might have been the best thing for him. Loved seeing the combo of Crowell and Powell. I really wanted Crowell so I'm happy to see him perform. At WR Enunwa looks back. Add Kearse to the mix and we will have 4 good WRs. I'd like to have seen more shots down field but with us ahead by so much for 1/2 the game almost its hard to judge the down field passing. OLine looked OK. Which is what I expected. Not bad, but not good.

On defense that run D looks legit again. Its great to be able to make a team 1 dimensional. And the rewards of that are 5 INTs. The pass rush was there enough for me to say it wasn't bad... but wasn't there enough to say that that's what made us get INTs. We still need that edge. Luvu looked ok at times, but it looks like Andersonn and Williams will be our pressure guys for now unless we blitz.

We were a Khalil Mack away from having a possibly elite defense. But I understand not paying what we would have had to pay cause we have needs.  But really the one weakness we have on defense is the lack of that edge rusher who puts constant pressure and can get the sacks.  The secondary and chemistry looked good.

Darron Lee gets hated on all the time, glad to see him go out and get 2 INTs. Showing that playmaking ability he had at OSU.

Jamal Adams is the alpha out there, hes just a leader of men and brings that swag. Trumaine Johnson was a big addition, he changes our secondary.  Henry anderson looked good. 

I like the new zone blocking scheme, our RBs were hitting the holes hard. Crowell might be a sneaky good signing, only 25.  It was nice seeing Enunwa back out there making plays, he looked awesome.  Sam Darnold can be special, he scans the field and has that ability to extend plays and make stuff happen. Hes gonna be a difference maker at QB. 

The Jets look like they may be building a quality team, the RIGHT way and one that can sustain success and take over the AFC East as Brady and Belichick retire. 

The biggest surprise of the night is that everything tonight happened all at once and . Takeaways, TDs on takeaway, ST TD, protecting the ball (outside of the first play), several players on offense making big plays, oh, and the offensive line played very solid. Couple sacks early and Sam kind of getting confused, but overall they played a solid game. 

I hope we can sustain some of this confidence and grit against Miami, won at home on Sunday. Nice to be excited again. 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

The biggest surprise of the night is that everything tonight happened all at once and . Takeaways, TDs on takeaway, ST TD, protecting the ball (outside of the first play), several players on offense making big plays, oh, and the offensive line played very solid. Couple sacks early and Sam kind of getting confused, but overall they played a solid game. 

I hope we can sustain some of this confidence and grit against Miami, won at home on Sunday. Nice to be excited again. 

Obviously encouraged and it’s easy to get caught up basking in glory, but there were a lot of mistakes made on offense that need to be cleaned up. Having said that, our skill position players are vastly underrated. Enunwa/Robby/Pryor all bring different problems for a defense, making our primary receiver very much matchup-based, with Kearse being the “do all” guy. Same can be said for our TEs and RBs. The offense is going to be fun to watch. 

Wow where do I start:

The biggest thing to come out of the game in my opinion was the team unity and swagger that I honestly don’t think I’ve seen since the 2010 Rex Ryan squad. That is really good moving forward into the season. 

The defense was unreal...I just hope off that showing we go make a trade for a pass rusher like Fowler now. 

Sam (apart from the first play) looked really good...so happy the offense as a whole unit looked great.

By the way what the **** was going on with our special teams!!! Crazy! 

I think we have both a good D and a good O. I have been saying if for awhile now that if you have good DB's you will get sacks and hurries. I think a team that does not have an all pro rusher can still get to the ball. The Lions are not a bum team, the jets made them look like that. The other part that I liked was that Sam passed that ball around a lot and he even took some shots deep. 

I think there is still some things to work on like a few play calls. What was Bates thinking with a reverse to Anderson on 3rd and 1. That is no a good play at all. Had a few missed tackles too.

Over all this is one of the best jet games I have seen in years. 

Archived