If you could pick one cloned 25 year old HOF player to add to your team this year, who would you have?

TecmoSuperJoe

52 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Please try a little research before you accuse someone like Rice of being a scab.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiceJe00/gamelog/1987/

Rice never played in those games  (notice no stats from games 3 , 4, and 5). Montana, Craig, and others did.

The Giants, Falcons, and Cardinals games were the replacement ones.

Its crazy that ignorant writers threw Montana a bunch of MVP votes in 1987 so Rice lost a 3 way split to Elway for MVP.

Fair enough, but I do think the strike may have benefited offenses. Or rather, it was detrimental to defensive backs. In 2011 for instance following the lockout, we did have three quarterbacks throw for 5000 yards with Eli Manning almost making it four guys. Passing numbers were pretty crazy that year in general with yards, and touchdowns. Maybe Rice just had a stellar year regardless. I know Reggie White had a ton of sacks that year. Offensive lines may have taken a hit with the lack of preparation time. 

In 1987 when Rice caught 22 TDs in 12 games, the average team (including 3 strike games) had 21.8 TD passes.

14 teams threw less TDs than Rice caught.

Mike Quick was 2nd in receiving TDs with 11.

Rice also led the league in receiving yards if you ignore JT Smith's 217 yards in replacement games.

Hard decision for me.

I'm keeping Mahomes.

I'm either going Willie Roaf or Deion Sanders. LT, because they just don't make them like they used to anymore and I gotta protect my fHoF QB and Sanders because he wouldn't be affected by todays NFL rule changes...and I could see a foot race between Sanders and Tyreek Hill.

Archived