Who Will be Fantasy MVP?

brownie man

I’m hoping to have James Conner in as many leagues as possible. Bell struggles to stay healthy, and with his off the field stuff...I have a sneaky suspicion that Conner finds his way on the field and instantly becomes a RB1 with a late round ADP. The ‘17 RB class is the gift that keeps on giving. I think Carson and Barber will be other guys on a ton of winning teams this year. 

One of either Gurley/Bell/Zeke/DJ will be Fantasy MVP.

As for players who will break out, which I think Mahomes, Cooper, and Conner seem to be more along the lines of, I like Corey Davis, Trey Burton, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley and Jimmy Garoppolo.

I think an MVP is someone who isn't drafted in the first 5 rounds but ends up in the top 10 in scoring, or finishes strong in the playoffs. Last year it was Alvin kamara imo even though gurley scored more points. Adam theilen is another guy who could be considered

No idea who it will be this year. I do like James Conner though for a guy to come on strong late in the year. 

Another guy I like is Emmanuel Sanders. He and keenum looked like they had a good connection. 

Jones (GB) is another guy I am targeting late 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/4/2018 at 3:14 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I’m hoping to have James Conner in as many leagues as possible. Bell struggles to stay healthy, and with his off the field stuff...I have a sneaky suspicion that Conner finds his way on the field and instantly becomes a RB1 with a late round ADP. The ‘17 RB class is the gift that keeps on giving. I think Carson and Barber will be other guys on a ton of winning teams this year. 

Nailed it!

So I'm thinking it's coming down to a few notable players. 

James Conner for sure is up there in the fantasy MVP rankings, but honestly, so is James White in ppr leagues. that dude has been a godsend for a lot of teams given that I mostly saw him going in rounds 9-11 even in ppr. 

Gurley still deserves mention just because of what he is doing on a week in week out basis, even if he was most often a #1 overall pick. 

Adam Thielen as a midround guy currently averaging 25 points per game in a full ppr league is pretty big. 

It’s gotta be Conner so far. I am still mad I didn’t pick him up when I got the chance. You see, I was at the Bell owners wedding Early September and I told him to add Conner or I was going to. Amidst the wedding chaos, he never did. Another owner swooped in.  Of course, if I believed there was any chance he would be putting up these numbers this far into the season I would have scooped him up.

Never again will I let sentiment get in the way of my fantasy priorities.

Archived