Is Cam Newton on a HOF pace?

TecmoSuperJoe

31 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I don't see anywhere that someone argued that Matt Ryan is a HOF'er.  I see one post where Ryan was hastily thrown into a group with elite QBs (though I'm not really sure why he was) to make an unrelated point about Cam not being on pace for the HOF.  I doubt anyone in their right mind would actually argue in favor of Ryan being a HOF'er unless he hadn't blown that 28-3 lead in the first place

The point was Ryan was an example of QBs that would keep Cam out by being selected. And you’re right. Why was he included with the others? But he is/was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Keep adding. All-Pro, MVP, playoff wins vs O for ever, being your teams leading rusher, not having AJ Green, having the worst OC in the NFL. 

Again, I’m not saying he’s some lock, or even likely at this point. But not because of any of the reasons given so far. 

I think you're missing my point or I'm just not explaining it well.  I'm not at all trying to compare Dalton to Cam.  What I'm trying to display is how similar a lot of the 'stats' look.  That right or wrong matters to voters.  Cam does have a MVP, but as of now it's one elite season surrounded by Ok/good ones.  That's not a HOF resume.  It also doesn't help that while his 'numbers' might look good against older QBs when you compare his numbers against say Ryan, Stafford, Dalton, etc... it doesn't stand out at all.  1 elite season is not a HOF pace. That's all I'm arguing.

The reason I used Dalton specifically is because he came into the league the same year, so that means less math for me to do, lol...

8 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I think you're missing my point or I'm just not explaining it well.  I'm not at all trying to compare Dalton to Cam.  What I'm trying to display is how similar a lot of the 'stats' look.  That right or wrong matters to voters.  Cam does have a MVP, but as of now it's one elite season surrounded by Ok/good ones.  That's not a HOF resume.  It also doesn't help that while his 'numbers' might look good against older QBs when you compare his numbers against say Ryan, Stafford, Dalton, etc... it doesn't stand out at all.  1 elite season is not a HOF pace. That's all I'm arguing.

The reason I used Dalton specifically is because he came into the league the same year, so that means less math for me to do, lol...

Well, I just did the exact same thing with Cam/Marino so I can understand that. And there is a much larger gap between those two than Cam/Dalton. It’s cool. I got a little excited myself so I probably owe an apology to everyone in this thread. 

And yes. Easy math. Always. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I got a little excited myself so I probably owe an apology to everyone in this thread. 

I just gotta say. Not that it may mean much too you (because my words don't carry any weight at all lol), but posts like this earn my personal respect bud. Good on you, man.   

It takes a real man/women to publicly admit that they may have acted irrationally at times and be able to come back with a clearer thought process later on after acknowledging it and address it directly. I really wish more people would do the same instead of just continuing to try their protect their pride and dignity - all the while only making matters worse.

That said, to hell with this sentimental crap. Back to the topic.

Cam still isn't close to being a HoFer. ;) 

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I just gotta say. Not that it may mean much too you (because my words don't carry any weight at all lol), but posts like this earn my personal respect bud. Good on you, man.   

It takes a real man/women to publicly admit that they may have acted irrationally at times and be able to come back with a clearer thought process later on after acknowledging it and address it directly. I really wish more people would do the same instead of just continuing to try their protect their pride and dignity - all the while only making matters worse.

That said, to hell with this sentimental crap. Back to the topic.

Cam still isn't close to being a HoFer. ;) 

Glad you saw it as you took the brunt of my “semi-rant. It’s on me. It’s bad form to jump in a board and start railing without knowing any posters. And, sadly, I will probably have to make this same apology again in the future. 

1st wife got the pride

2nd wife got the dignity

There will not be a 3rd.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, Toomers said:

You didn’t correct me because you would have been wrong again. You want to tell me how Peyton(1998) and Brady(2000) are 3 years apart. But I’m glad you’re not petty enough to bring it up. And your “mistakes” went directly towards your point about QBs and their peers. There is a big difference between 8 years and 2-3. I also showed multiple QBs who played together. But pointing out a flaw in your statements is petty.

Manning started in 1998, Brady started in 2001. That's the 3 years he's talking about I believe.

41 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Manning started in 1998, Brady started in 2001. That's the 3 years he's talking about I believe.

His rookie year in 2000 still counts as a year. Him not playing much is just part of his resume. 2008 wasn’t Rodgers first season. 2006 wasn’t Rivers.