Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

witcher-1.jpg

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1003249-netflix-reveals-first-look-at-henry-cavill-as-geralt-in-the-witcher-series

This show is gonna be legit.  Really makes me want to start reading the books, but hopefully having played Witcher 3 will give me all the background I need. 

The link has a little clip of Geralt drinking a potion in a little tease type thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

witcher-1.jpg

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1003249-netflix-reveals-first-look-at-henry-cavill-as-geralt-in-the-witcher-series

This show is gonna be legit.  Really makes me want to start reading the books, but hopefully having played Witcher 3 will give me all the background I need. 

The link has a little clip of Geralt drinking a potion in a little tease type thing. 

They ended up with pretty good casting for the female leads, too. Interesting that they cast two different Yennefers and Ciris, an "old" one and a "young" one.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Not familiar with the source material at all, but couldn't he grow a beard at any point?  Maybe Geralt doesn't have a beard at the start, but then grows one for "reasons" at some point during the season.

Havent read the books (yet), but here is a snap of Geralt from the first game:

Image result for geralt witcher 1

Cavill looks better lol

On 9/4/2018 at 1:46 PM, Deadpulse said:

Im down. Cavill can pull it off too. A lot of people are gonna have trouble picturing it after his turn in the red trunks, but he is plenty talented enough to go the other way. 

hmm....i dont think people will be seeing him as superman 

hes not as iconic in the role as chris reeves

it probably wouldnt even cross my mind. he doesnt have a distingive face either, which helps him

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

it probably wouldnt even cross my mind. he doesnt have a distingive face either, which helps him

I meant in their reaction to the casting, not really watching the show

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

No he is definitely iconic as Superman. Maybe not to you but to kids most definitely. Keep in mind his face has been blasted over every toy, lunch box, backpack, etc for the better part of a decade now. They have marketed the hell out of Cavill and really he is the modern day Reeves. Although he isnt nearly as pompous as Reeves was. 

Edited by Calvert28

17 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

No he is definitely iconic as Superman. Maybe not to you but to kids most definitely. Keep in mind his face has been blasted over every toy, lunch box, backpack, etc for the better part of a decade now. They have marketed the hell out of Cavill and really he is the modern day Reeves. Although he isnt nearly as pompous as Reeves was. 

oh i must have missed all that