Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

18 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

No he is definitely iconic as Superman. Maybe not to you but to kids most definitely. Keep in mind his face has been blasted over every toy, lunch box, backpack, etc for the better part of a decade now. They have marketed the hell out of Cavill and really he is the modern day Reeves. Although he isnt nearly as pompous as Reeves was. 

Yeah, kids ain't gonna be watching The Witcher if it's anything like the books or the games.  Unless kids are watching gratuitous violence, strong sexual content with stories centered around brutal wars, murders, assassinations and scary monsters. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, kids ain't gonna be watching The Witcher if it's anything like the books or the games.  Unless kids are watching gratuitous violence, strong sexual content with stories centered around brutal wars, murders, assassinations and scary monsters. 

Maybe, but then again they did water down Venom for marketability. Hopefully they stay true to the story. Personally I would have preferred a Dragon Age HBO or Netflix show. 

Edited by Calvert28

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Maybe, but then again they did water down Venom for marketability. Hopefully they stay true to the story. Personally I would have preferred a Dragon Age HBO or Netflix show. 

Netflix has no need whatsoever to water anything down.  They're as free as HBO in terms of the discretion they need to use. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

In the books, I believe he mentions he doesn't like the beard. Or Yen does. Trying to remember. 

He complains about it at least once or twice. Says he hates it. Goes most of the material without one, though not always being in civilized areas for extended periods of time means he occasionally had one.

• Like 1

I don't like the lack of scars. Geralt has always had that weathered scarred look and it seems to be missing here. He should look like he's barely scraped through hundred of monster fights, not like a discount elf from LotR.

Also, he's missing the Witchers distinctive cat eyes. He just looks way too human.

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That, I could see just being CGI'd in. Noooo chance they don't have it. (Right? Right...?)

It could be seen as making the protagonist hard to relate to. Although I wonder if Ciri will be seen as the co-protagonist and could be a more human foil to Geralt. I wouldn't be surprised if he only has cat eyes at night or something like that.

23 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

It could be seen as making the protagonist hard to relate to. Although I wonder if Ciri will be seen as the co-protagonist and could be a more human foil to Geralt. I wouldn't be surprised if he only has cat eyes at night or something like that.

This would worry me a bit. I don't like when shows curb lore to water-down the show or protagonist. It's not like Geralt is loved because he's super relatable in the first place. We love him because he's a gruff badass who does what he wants, kills monsters, and ****s supermodels. He's just cool like that. 

I do like the idea of having Ciri as a deuteragonist who would bring out the more human side of Geralt. She's always kinda been his anchor into a normal life so it would be nice to see that reflected in the show.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

That, I could see just being CGI'd in. Noooo chance they don't have it. (Right? Right...?)

Could see it going either way. His eyes are colored like it. I could see it getting a little weird, just with a TV show likely having more close shots of the protagonist than a video game would. And it's normally been kind of subtle anyway. Basically just the yellowish color, which is there, and then the non-round pupil. So it's basically halfway there. So I could see it going either way. Going with that because they found in tests that it's too unsettling or uncomfortable to watch, or doing the rest in CGI.

It is worth noting, of course, this is JUST a makeup and costume test, that was released. So anything they would do in editing or CGI won't be included. So they could do it. Could not. I'm not sure I care that much, personally.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I don't get the criticism here, what's so off about it?

-dude looks super feminine almost like a crappy side elf from the hobbit trilogy

—Geralt is a grisled scarred up dude with an angry voice. 

I’m just nitpicky cause I like the game/s

Just now, Tyty said:

-dude looks super feminine almost like a crappy side elf from the hobbit trilogy

—Geralt is a grisled scarred up dude with an angry voice. 

I’m just nitpicky cause I like the game/s

Maybe it's just the photo, we'll see how he looks after post.

Same but a certain degree of artistic license is to be expected, if it's not immediately breaking the immersion, we'll see how it goes.