Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

Just now, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Amazon is also trying to capture that same audience/wave with their Lord of the Rings series. 

It's Netflix, and I don't know how you can say it looks dope when it looks like a CW network production.  Also, what in the hell is up with Yen's jaw? 

86021242.jpg

It looks so bad I'm embarrassed. 

The costumes and sets seriously look like History Channel sets and costumes. 

71YIi3dpDvL._UX522_.jpg

I'm heartbroken over this.  I could see this kind of thing from Amazon, but I thought Netflix had a little more self-respect with something they've hyped up as much as this. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's Netflix, and I don't know how you can say it looks dope when it looks like a CW network production.  Also, what in the hell is up with Yen's jaw? 

86021242.jpg

It looks so bad I'm embarrassed. 

People need to stop comparing it to the games, it has absolutely nothing to do with them. They've already said it's strictly going off the books and will not be inspired by the games in any way.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

People need to stop comparing it to the games, it has absolutely nothing to do with them. They've already said it's strictly going off the books and will not be inspired by the games in any way.

Yeah, I’m not comparing it to the games.  My bad for the picture.  I don’t care about the castings, I care about why Yen has that Sling Blade look in like 4 shots from the trailer.  

Also, it looks like CW basic television quality fantasy.  SyFy channel quality.  It looks awful and dreadful and bad.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I’m not comparing it to the games.  My bad for the picture.  I don’t care about the castings, I care about why Yen has that Sling Blade look in like 4 shots from the trailer.  

Also, it looks like CW basic television quality fantasy.  SyFy channel quality.  It looks awful and dreadful and bad.  

It definitely looks like high end SyFy channel. Their two cinematographers have plenty of credits, but nothing extraordinary.

Although, Jean-Philippe Goassart did work with the 2nd units on both Fantastic Beasts, The Last Jedi, and Justice League among others. His resume on being the DP is meh.

On 11/8/2018 at 7:34 PM, RuskieTitan said:

I think the show showing the stories of how he got those scars would be quite entertaining, if they do the action scenes right.

Also as a sidenote on this, the reason why he doesn't have scars early on is. 

1. It's the beginning of his story so either they will appear later on.

2. They didn't bother because it would be a massive pain in the *** to check his scars for every shot and make sure they're consistent. (See Kylo's was changed to be less annoying in TLJ) 

13 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Ya'll are nuts, this looks GOT levels of quality. 

Are you literally blind and deaf or can you really not tell the clear and obvious lack of any money whatsoever spent on set and costume design?  

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's possible that they are shots from before she became beautiful, Yen was born deformed (she was a hunchback).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Am I really the only one who thinks this looks crappy as hell?  I mean look back through this thread and I was the one most excited for this, but I’m genuinely shocked others here don’t seem to think it looks like crap.  

In some scented the production did look crappy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't be knocking the cw now. The 100 is legit

• Like 3