Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I will say that most of the elven characters (other than Dara) were pretty cringy and not well done, especially the Amazonian forest ones. Also, Ciri is not very likable. She doesn't even care what happens to Dara. Thankfully, the other characters were pretty good. People haven't mentioned Jaskier but I really enjoyed him.

Give a coin to your Witcher oh valley of plenty.........that song was stuck in my head for weeks.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I never liked it TBH. Not sure what it was but I just didn't find it catchy or witty. 

Toss a coin to your witcher for there's trolls to be slaying. 

Edited by SwoleXmad
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

That is gonna flop IMO. People were already luke warm on the Witcher but it got a ton of views because it was also one of the best games of the decade and had a ton of name recognition. Now you are gonna do a series WITHOUT the names that drew people in in the first place after a luke warm fan reception? Seems like a bad recipe to me. 

57 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That is gonna flop IMO. People were already luke warm on the Witcher but it got a ton of views because it was also one of the best games of the decade and had a ton of name recognition. Now you are gonna do a series WITHOUT the names that drew people in in the first place after a luke warm fan reception? Seems like a bad recipe to me. 

Or it's going to be better and build an audience. The first season had Geralt in it which people obviously have their idea as to what that means and what he should be like. This could allow them do some story development and dig into something different that they don't have to try and make match fans expectations as much.

53 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Or it's going to be better and build an audience. The first season had Geralt in it which people obviously have their idea as to what that means and what he should be like. This could allow them do some story development and dig into something different that they don't have to try and make match fans expectations as much.

I see your point, but I dont think they did enough with that first series to build a fan base. I think their only bet is to knock this prequel series out of the park and rely on word of mouth to get it back over. 

Yeah, I don't think the show really did a good job of building a fan base, but I think with the game players they'll get them back one more time for a show and since it was so mixed for the original series it'd be interesting to see if they can pull of something strong.

14 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I don't think the show really did a good job of building a fan base, but I think with the game players they'll get them back one more time for a show and since it was so mixed for the original series it'd be interesting to see if they can pull of something strong.

As someone who played the games rather casually, I will be back for more. I also liked it more than most so there is that too, but I imagine you are right and most of the people who played the games will return regardless. 

I do wonder about book readers. I don't know if there are any but I have the first book on a bookshelf somewhere lol

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I do wonder about book readers. I don't know if there are any but I have the first book on a bookshelf somewhere lol

I got the first one for my Kindle, or maybe Audiobook, I don't remember anymore. I need to read it.

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Didn't the witcher track as Netflix's biggest S1 debut ever? I don't think it was seen as "amazing", but I think "luke warm" is underselling it too, no?

I was talking about the reception, not the views. It got a lot of peepers but the mouths attached werent saying stellar things.