Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

7 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What books do you guys recommend reading for this series? I've tried the games but can never seem to get into them. 

It's kinda hard to say because I don't know if they actually announced exactly what time period the show will be in from the books.

But as with any book series it's probably not a bad idea to start at the beginning, I think that would be "the last wish" if you don't count the short stories.

Edit:

Actually now that I think of it I think "blood of elves" is the first in the Geralt saga so that would probably be the best place to start.

Edited by rob_shadows

9 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What books do you guys recommend reading for this series? I've tried the games but can never seem to get into them. 

Who knows what the show will be like. But the Witcher III had some great world-building, characters, and plots.

You couldn't get into the game mechanically or what?

Edited by cddolphin

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Who knows what the show will be like. But the Witcher III had some great world-building, characters, and plots.

You couldn't get into the game mechanically or what?

The books would still be better reference anyway because as far as I know they are strictly going off the books for the show.

After thinking about it more than I'd like to admit I've finally decided my official personal choice for Ciri although I think it's highly unlikely.

Chloe Grace Moretz... She's shown range among her roles and has action experience while having a look that with the right make up can work for Ciri at pretty much any age from early teens to early 20s. 

Again, I don't think it's very likely... But that would be my choice.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

After thinking about it more than I'd like to admit I've finally decided my official personal choice for Ciri although I think it's highly unlikely.

Chloe Grace Moretz... She's shown range among her roles and has action experience while having a look that with the right make up can work for Ciri at pretty much any age from early teens to early 20s. 

Again, I don't think it's very likely... But that would be my choice.

She's a good actress, but I am having a hard time seeing it. Not like my picks were anything to clamor about, but I just can't see it. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2018 at 6:25 PM, Starless said:

Man, I was hoping for an all-Continental-European cast. Guess that's out the window.

You referring to Ciri being cast as a black female?

Can't say I'm surprised at this point. Netflix has gone full SJW in recent couple years.

https://twitter.com/hailzor?lang=en

Here's one of the show's writers^^. She's a "patriarchy-smasher" according to her bio. Seems to love to tweet about BLM, the Kavanaugh appointment, and other similar topics.

If I could roll my eyes any harder, they'd fall out of my head. Great job Netflix.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Can't say I'm surprised at this point. Netflix has gone full SJW in recent couple years.

Here's one of the show's writers^^. She's a "patriarchy-smasher" according to her bio. Seems to love to tweet about BLM, the Kavanaugh appointment, and other similar topics.

If I could roll my eyes any harder, they'd fall out of my head. Great job Netflix.

Not just a Netflix thing... Its a Hollywood thing. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

SJWs do have a penchant for ruining everything fun. The moral puritans of our time.