Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Is that something the author changed about the story later on, or does he add an additional sword as part of the storyline? 

Its been awhile, but its not really talked about in the books. Sometimes he has the silver sword and sometimes he doesnt. I do remember him keeping it strapped to his horse on more than one occasion. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Its been awhile, but its not really talked about in the books. Sometimes he has the silver sword and sometimes he doesnt. I do remember him keeping it strapped to his horse on more than one occasion. 

Ya he can't kill monsters without a silver sword, and its not really practical to use on humans.  So he typically carries both.  

23 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Is that something the author changed about the story later on, or does he add an additional sword as part of the storyline? 

In the book he usually carries his steel sword on his back at all times but leaves the silver sword on his horse for specific use during hunts. That said I  don't recall it really being an important detail in the books like its treated in the game where carrying two swords is a trademark of being a Witcher. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

In the book he usually carries his steel sword on his back at all times but leaves the silver sword on his horse for specific use during hunts. That said I  don't recall it really being an important detail in the books like its treated in the game where carrying two swords is a trademark of being a Witcher. 

Yes! much more well said

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, Outpost31 said:

It's Netflix, and I don't know how you can say it looks dope when it looks like a CW network production.  Also, what in the hell is up with Yen's jaw? 

86021242.jpg

It looks so bad I'm embarrassed. 

Yen has a deformity in the books. She basically uses some sorcery to make herself attractive. 

Latest trailer looks dope. The fight choreo looked great. Looking forward to this. 

2 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Yen has a deformity in the books. She basically uses some sorcery to make herself attractive. 

Latest trailer looks dope. The fight choreo looked great. Looking forward to this. 

Yeah that’s what someone said earlier.  Still think they should have used some sort of prosthetics instead of making her look - and I mean this literally not in any kind of derogatory way - retarded/mentally handicapped.  

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah that’s what someone said earlier.  Still think they should have used some sort of prosthetics instead of making her look - and I mean this literally not in any kind of derogatory way - retarded/mentally handicapped.  

She's a hunchback in the beginning of the books, which is pretty important to the characterization. She was badly abused as a child to the point of basically wanting to kill herself. if I remember correctly and it's been a while since I read the books,  Even when offered a spot at the Sorceress Academy she basically preferred to be left in the gutter to die alone than attempt the academy where so many young women failed in their training and died horribly.  She was reluctant to join the Sorceress Academy because she was scared of all the other beautiful girls that would apprentice. The recruiting sorceress agreed to fix her deformities if she would join the academy.

As Yennifer gets stronger, she continues to make herself more beautiful, but she has the crippling low self-esteem of someone who was raised ugly and deformed and abused. The curse of the genie makes Geralt and Yennifer soulmates, but his acceptance of her for her deformities (his supernatural senses can detect the imperfections in her body/magic and he knows she was a hunchback before she started altering herself) is pretty much the only reason she's accepting of him until Cirri. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Well apparently Netflix is pretty confident in the show, it's already been renewed for a second season.

I saw that.  I'm a fan of Cavill and the more recent trailer looks pretty good.  I think i'm on board.  A good sign that they trust it enough to green light a second season already with its budget.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...