Chiefs extend OT Cam Erving

49erurtaza

21 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah so good his last 3 teams traded up twice to draft qbs in the first round with him on the roster and the third gave a FA that wasnt him the first ever fully guaranteed contract.

18 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This has a lot more to do with Bradford's durability than his actual playing effectiveness. Do you want Bradford to be your starting QB? Absolutely not, the dude simply cannot stay healthy and anyone who can't play games isn't worth much. Would you want him if he was indestructible? Well you could definitely do far worse.

This. Bradford is far from the bottom of the Barrel of NFL starters (top 22-ish) he's a solid starter when healthy the problem is you can't rely on him to stay healthy. If he'd never missed a game in his career he'd probably be in the Andy Dalton tier of QBs.

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

This. Bradford is far from the bottom of the Barrel of NFL starters (top 22-ish) he's a solid starter when healthy the problem is you can't rely on him to stay healthy. If he'd never missed a game in his career he'd probably be in the Andy Dalton tier of QBs.

22 is bottom third in the league. So by definition that's bad.  

He’s actually average at both tackle spots.  His footwork has gotten a ton better.  I wouldn’t have paid him since our starters hardly ever come out.   He’s still trash at C and G, but there’s some worse starting OT’s out there.  Doubt he’ll ever have the lower body strength to play inside 

17 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

He’s actually average at both tackle spots.  His footwork has gotten a ton better.  I wouldn’t have paid him since our starters hardly ever come out.   He’s still trash at C and G, but there’s some worse starting OT’s out there.  Doubt he’ll ever have the lower body strength to play inside 

Please name them. I have to know who's worse than Erving.

I'll be interested in seeing the full terms of the contract if they come out. If the guarantees are all he makes if he doesn't his playing time and other incentives, a little over $3M per for a versatile backup offensive linemen isn't a bad deal. It only gets terrible if he hits the incentives, but presumably if he does he's playing well enough to steal substantial playing time. If it falls somewhere in between though I'll still be a little salty. Like if he's going to be getting like $5M or $6M per year even if he doesn't hit the incentives, that's an overpay for a backup, even if the coaching staff loves what he's done this offseason.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Please name them. I have to know who's worse than Erving.

threads like this remind me of how our OL was from 2007-2011, and Erving's skillset was probably comparable to a few of our starters !  I remembered when he was with the browns, he wasn't starter calibre then thats for sure. Maybe as a back up he will suit the Chiefs needs, I haven't seen him play but for those Chiefs fans that don't like it, just be greatful he isn't starting! 

Archived