Random Thoughts on Passing Scene

dll2000

• Vikings just cut Bears no. 1 WR from last year - Kendall Wright.  Think about that, that's how bad the WR core was last year.   Someone asked HIcks if Bears D would be better this year and he said yes, they said why, he said because the offense will score in the first half of games.  
  • Packers should be really thankful they are getting Bears in week 1, MT's first game with new coach, Robinson is coming off ACL, Smith and Mack not having practiced, Floyd and Hicks are hurt and Shaheen is out.   I think Hicks plays, I think Floyd doesn't.  
  • Bears are 7.5 pt. dogs at Packers.  2nd Largest underdog this week behind TB at NO.  They will probably lose, but I think they cover and they could win.   It wouldn't shock me if they are favored later this season at Soldier Field.
  • Who won the off season now?  Bears or Rams? 
  • Bears resigned their secondary, best FA WR, arguably best Edge rusher, a good receiving TE, a stretch the field speed WR and drafted what appears to be at least two high end players in Miller and Roquan Smith in one season.  Jury still out on Daniels who hasn't won a starting job yet.  
  • How many well meaning people on message boards, twitter, radio, podcast, youtube, tv confidently said there was no way Bears would ever get Mack? Hoge and Jahns just interviewed Pace and said, "look were sorry, but we have to ask because fans ask, would we pay 2 first rounders for Mack?"  Pace laughed and said we explore all possibilities, Jahns or Hoge then laughed and said, "I thought so, that's a probably not, but I had to ask because these are type of questions we get on TWTR" (me - editorial you know from meathead stupid fans).   Second time Pace has fooled the media with a bold move.  First being MT, that one got me too.  He didn't get me this time or much of this draft or off season.  I know how this guy thinks a bit now, I don't always agree with him, but a picture of his thinking is forming.
  • I think Vikings are class of North this year on paper still, but with some health luck Bears could start nipping at 2nd in 2018.
  • Foles has really looked like crap this pre season.  Kind of baffling since he looked like best QB in league for much of 7 weeks.  Goes to show any one can get hot.  Maybe its just pre season.

I'm not surprised about Foles. He only had 2-3 good games in the regular season. His hot streak was like McCown's for us.

Agree MIN is the best on paper, having Cook back and adding Cousins is a huge upgrade over Keenum.

Wright wasn't just the best we had, it was not even close between him and the next one.

I'd say Bears won overall over the Rams. Rams already had some great players but this offseason we added a dominant player at the most important position on defense. We added 3 WRs that would have been our #1 and a TE that could have been too. Drafted an ILB that has the potential to be dominant if the DL keeps him clean. Just was a great offseason.

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not surprised about Foles. He only had 2-3 good games in the regular season. His hot streak was like McCown's for us.

Agree MIN is the best on paper, having Cook back and adding Cousins is a huge upgrade over Keenum.

Wright wasn't just the best we had, it was not even close between him and the next one.

I'd say Bears won overall over the Rams. Rams already had some great players but this offseason we added a dominant player at the most important position on defense. We added 3 WRs that would have been our #1 and a TE that could have been too. Drafted an ILB that has the potential to be dominant if the DL keeps him clean. Just was a great offseason.

If you are going to have some good days that are outside your box playoffs and SB are a good time to do it.  

Archived