What's Up WIth the Money?

MOSteelers56

With Heyward being added to the list of restructures the Steelers have added a decent chunk of change. I made this thread to keep all the craziness surrounding this new money. What is the plan? Tomlin grinned as he said he wouldn't rule out bringing in outside help at OLB. So here are some options, all complete nonsense. 

Ben extension?
Trade for Earl Thomas?
Trade for Ryan Kerrigan(invented by me)?
Trade for Clowney(also invented by me)?
Trade for Chandler Jones(Could this *be* anymore invented by me)?
Trade for Luke Kuechly(not invented by me, outlandish, though)?

So what say you, fellow speculators? What will the Steelers do with all this cash?

I mentioned KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner in the other thread. Both high dollar vets on a team that's not really going anywhere with expiring deals by the end of 2019 (I think this is Wrights last year). 

At this point I am just all in on conspiracy theories....lets do it!

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

With Heyward being added to the list of restructures the Steelers have added a decent chunk of change. I made this thread to keep all the craziness surrounding this new money. What is the plan? Tomlin grinned as he said he wouldn't rule out bringing in outside help at OLB. So here are some options, all complete nonsense. 

Ben extension? win SB, then maybe
Trade for Earl Thomas? this could help but we have RD1 pick for S and moved Davis to FS
Trade for Ryan Kerrigan(invented by me)? This could help more IMO, but Adeniyi could be as good IMO once healthy. Yes , Edge rusher help needed since we know dupree won't help
Trade for Clowney(also invented by me)? Nope
Trade for Chandler Jones(Could this *be* anymore invented by me)? Nope
Trade for Luke Kuechly(not invented by me, outlandish, though)? They won't trade their captain of they D, it doesn't work like that 

So what say you, fellow speculators? What will the Steelers do with all this cash?

The steelers will do none of the above but the Earl Thomas part can leave us with some hope. 

@muncher they signed Bostic, but does that not count? He is starting. I thought they would have tried to sign Bowman but it's too late for that. 

21 hours ago, warfelg said:

How did they mess up the TE situation?  They got 3 guys they really like.

the guy they are paying a lot of money to has never put up numbers or stayed healthy. 

they did the same thing with mr migraine a couple years ago.

we have been screaming for a real TE on draft day for awhile now.

24 minutes ago, muncher said:

the guy they are paying a lot of money to has never put up numbers or stayed healthy. 

$5 million is 2.5% of the cap. Wow so much money. 9_9

What has this team showed that they want a different type of TE. What the fans want and what the team (most specifically Ben) wants is different. They (Ben) want a safety valve guy. If a team wants to ignore James and McDonald and we get 7-15 years at a time on check downs I would very happily take that. 

1 hour ago, muncher said:

This will be a make or break season for McDonald , they better remember he is on the roster when healthy and even more so if he is unhealthy next season when they sit down with the capologist .  What TE's are going to be UFA that you would target? I would prefer UFA as in a proven player, but the draft if it is blue chip as they say , but that would be RD1 .  Eifert might be available next year, but could durability be a concern.  We all miss the crowds response of Heeeeeeath

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

$5 million is 2.5% of the cap. Wow so much money. 9_9

What has this team showed that they want a different type of TE. What the fans want and what the team (most specifically Ben) wants is different. They (Ben) want a safety valve guy. If a team wants to ignore James and McDonald and we get 7-15 years at a time on check downs I would very happily take that. 

so you think the money spent on mcdonald was a good investment?

jesse james is that check down TE, the steelers see mcdonald as a play maker

its easy to ignore mcdonald when he isnt even dressed for the game

46 minutes ago, muncher said:

I think the intent behind McDonald was good. I just think its something that isnt going to work out in the end.

2 hours ago, muncher said:

I didn’t say or hint at it being a good investment. Just saying it’s not as much as your initial post made it out to be. 

Archived