What's Up WIth the Money?

MOSteelers56

even if you dont think the money is 'that much', how do you excuse the steelers for signing a known concussion guy and a known injury prone guy that has never really produced?

it just seems to me that their way of doing FA totally changes when it comes to the TE position

32 minutes ago, muncher said:

even if you dont think the money is 'that much', how do you excuse the steelers for signing a known concussion guy and a known injury prone guy that has never really produced?

it just seems to me that their way of doing FA totally changes when it comes to the TE position

It’s called a calculated risk. At $5 million the production you can get out of McDonald far outweighs the contract. And there’s still only about $1mil in dead money if we cut him. 

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s called a calculated risk. At $5 million the production you can get out of McDonald far outweighs the contract. And there’s still only about $1mil in dead money if we cut him. 

ltrading draft picks and wasting good money on a TE that only started 30 games in 4 years, only caught 64 passes for 866 and 7 tds is poor calculating.

like i said, that isnt typical steelers FA move. 

24 minutes ago, muncher said:

what?

steelers usually trade draft picks away and pay good money to often injured and low production players?

name one other than mcdonald and green

$3-5 mil isn’t “good money”. It’s backup money. 

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

3 hours ago, muncher said:

what?

steelers usually trade draft picks away and pay good money to often injured and low production players?

levi jones, that OT from arizona a few years ago, when the OL was a weakness.  

15 hours ago, muncher said:

what?

14 hours ago, warfelg said:

$3-5 mil isn’t “good money”. It’s backup money. 

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

They also only traded the equivalent of a late 6th round pick (23rd in the round by the trade value chart). That doesn't equate to "picks" as it has been repeatedly stated.  For clarification, the trade was a Steelers 4th round pick for Vance and the SF 5th round pick in case you forgot.

16 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Josh Scobee, wasnt oft injured, just sucked.

Scobee was actually very good between 2011-2013.      2014 he wasnt as good, but many kickers fluctuate a good bit with up and down seasons.   Steelers were desperate after Suisham tore his ACL after the first preseason game, and were looking for a vet to replace Suisham for what they thought would only be a year.   They werent looking for a long term replacement at first.   

In reality, Scobee sucking turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because we ended up finding Boswell shortly after.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I want to propose a new rule:

if you want to whine about how much a player makes and bash him over being out; can’t complement him when he plays well. 

how about a new coaching style (from same coach because I don't want to get anyone mad here^_^ ) where the players are told not to comment on other players contract negotiations or intentions or holdouts? Why isn't that already in place? This would have never happened with Noll thats for sure. Instead we have players saying things they shouldn't and I have to agree with Irvin, his tirade starts at 4:33 :

Archived