Jump to content
coordinator0

Baltimore Ravens 2018-19 Season Roster Tracker

Recommended Posts

I'm starting to think Marlon is going to end up on IR this week or next. Harbaugh won't provide any updates on him, whereas he provided updates on both Alex Lewis and James Hurst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be noted that Jermaine Eluemunor isn't going back to the Practice Squad. Getting out of a game at Left Tackle is the equivalent of being named to the Pro Bowl with how bad OL play is across the league in 2018. Look for Gus Edwards to be cut pretty soon here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It should be noted that Jermaine Eluemunor isn't going back to the Practice Squad. Getting out of a game at Left Tackle is the equivalent of being named to the Pro Bowl with how bad OL play is across the league in 2018. Look for Gus Edwards to be cut pretty soon here.

Definitely not. He might have secured the backup LT(+) spot for another season or two. It's hard to find someone serviceable there on the cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Definitely not. He might have secured the backup LT(+) spot for another season or two. It's hard to find someone serviceable there on the cheap. 

He's shown more at Tackle than Guard, which is interesting. With the exception of Nico Siragusa who never got a chance and is still showing the effects of a severe injury. No player from our 2017 class is playing poorly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eluemanor quickly went from disposabel to valuable. He does have some size to him, and maybe that is enough for him to be a swing tackle. The knock on him was his lack of experience and that he could have heavy feet which is why he was projected at guard. Speed rushers might be an issue, but every backup tackle has some weaknesses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Danand said:

Speed rushers might be an issue, but every backup tackle has some weaknesses

That reminds me of when Ken McKusick was discussing Orlando Brown Jr and mentioned how a fan made a great point regarding him. Obviously one of the major knocks on Orlando was that he isn't as strong against speed rushers, and some fan made a comment basically saying "Well how many Right Tackles actually excel against big time speed rushers?".

Sometimes you have to accept the realities of a position/player, and focus not on what they can't do- but what they can. Then just put them in the best possible position to succeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

That reminds me of when Ken McKusick was discussing Orlando Brown Jr and mentioned how a fan made a great point regarding him. Obviously one of the major knocks on Orlando was that he isn't as strong against speed rushers, and some fan made a comment basically saying "Well how many Right Tackles actually excel against big time speed rushers?".

Sometimes you have to accept the realities of a position/player, and focus not on what they can't do- but what they can. Then just put them in the best possible position to succeed. 

Completely agree. Although I believe the speed rusher argument against Orlando Brown was somewhat a made up argument, as Brown just engulfs those players. Even a tackle with great feet and balance will have difficulties against a speed end in a wide 9 system. Browns combination of strength and length is what makes him able to shut down all types of pass rushers even though he doesn't move with grace. (I am very much in the Orlando Brown fan base).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Danand said:

Browns combination of strength and length is what makes him able to shut down all types of pass rushers even though he doesn't move with grace. (I am very much in the Orlando Brown fan base).

Fingers crossed everyone is healthy coming out of the bye and we can just cement Orlando at Right Tackle. Move Hurst to LG. Then hope it gels into a better unit than what we've seen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Canady and Dixon are the designated to return players this year. Surprised the team is bringing Kenneth back this year, but carrying four back isn't terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×