Week 1: MNF Jets @ Lions

Nnivolcm

Look Stafford will not play anywhere near this bad again this season. Having said that this team is bad. Real bad. Like bad enough despite the extensions Quin and Patricia could be fired after this year bad. Quinn picks are not panning out. Patricia seems over his head. This is really bad. Preseason is exactly what we saw tonight. 

Why they don't value a pass rush is beyond me. This team is bad. We can only hope that it's bosa/Oliver bad. 

2 hours ago, MortexLion said:

OK ok..can we please put our team on whatever they gave Aaron Rodgers! Because that guy was high as a kite! and killed it haha

I think they should put these imposters on the bus out of town.

This can’t be the real Lions. They can’t be this bad with all the ex Patriots around the organization. 

This reflects on Cooter pretty poorly. Apparently the Jets basically knew every offensive play we were going to run, and it wasn't because they were stealing signals. We were just so flat out predictable that they knew what we were doing at all times. It's exactly the same thing that got Lombardi fired and Cooter promoted in the first place.

It's going to be interesting to see how we bounce back from this.

Well all my fears are being realized. I gave up at half time, offense couldn't move. 

Same problems as last year, but also more new ones. Stafford looked really bad also. Hopefully thats not a decline in his game and just a bleep. 

The team I saw last night are in the sweepstakes for the 1st overall pick. If they win less than 5 games honestly both the Coach/Gm should be fired. They clearly have no clue. No clue. I know people will say they need time etc etc, but nah, these guys were brought in to take a step forward and we've taken a major leap backwards if not fallen right back onto the ground.

I won't watch another game this year, I had little hope coming into the season, and basically no hope after watching that first half. 

3 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I live in Dallas and I thought their fans are dramatic. Never thought we would be more dramatic. Yet here we are.

Here are some stats from last nights game:

Sam Darnold - 73% completed passes, 116 rating, 83 QBR

Isaiah Crowell - 10 yards per carry.  (Take away his 62 yard run and he is still at 4.5 ypc)

Bilal Powell - 5 yards per carry

Their WR's (minus their top WR from last year) are very average.

Sure Matt Stafford and the offense will be better as the season goes on, but that defense was expected to be bad, but those numbers are awful. And they are against probably the worst talents we will see at RB and WR all year.  Darnold may turn out ok, but we sure made it easy on him after his opening throw.  No pressure, no coverage, no threat to stop the run game. There is good reason to be dramatic.  We saw a team barely miss the playoffs last year get handled by one of the worst teams in the league.  We brought in a new coach to get over the hump, not to start over.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Matt Patricia looks to be in way over his head. He had no idea how to stop the onslaught. What the heck happened to Stafford. He's a top 10 QB in the league and he was awful. 

First game. Little PS field time and a snowballing, going downhill freight train. Cant say I watched the game with an eagle eye - but Stafford might not have respected the NYJ secondary - cause he threw into coverage more than a few times with bad results. Was that because he'd recently been crushed and just wanted to get rid of the ball? Dont know - but possible. He was taking a pounding. 

Archived