Week 1: MNF Jets @ Lions

Nnivolcm

This was bad. The team looked terrible, just like they did in the preseason. I think that Stafford will bounce back, but I'm worried about everyone else. 

Quinn should be on the hot seat. His free agent moves aren't making the team any better, and none of his picks have turned into stars. 

They're just so bad.

Drafting a C to play LG. Moving your LG to play C, all while your C from last year who was supposed to be the best C on the team isn't even in the league... Says a whole lot...

Ignoring the D-line basically to put out... this.

Signing tons of guys that just don't matter.

Cutting Ebron with no plan for a replacement.

Terrible drafting at this point outside the first year.

No one real significant off-season signing that's made a major difference. 

Firing a coach to get better and becoming much worst.

I'm firmly in the camp of this guy needs to go if this team can't win 5 games and is picking top 5. Coach can go with him though, honestly, I don't blame Patricia for taking the job he was offered when he really had no business even being offered the job to begin with. They're guys all over the league itching for jobs who can in all likely-hood do a much better job at this point, Patricia was put into a good situation imo for a first time head coach, he just was/is in over his head. 

38 minutes ago, Lionized said:

They lost one game 

And looked absolutely terrible in doing so, just like they did for the entire preseason. At a certain point it becomes a pattern. 

We didn't lose a close game to the Patriots. We got blown out by the Jets and a rookie QB. 

39 minutes ago, Lionized said:

They lost one game 

You’re right, they lost one game.

Except, they replaced the head coach expecting to be better.

They didn’t just lose, they got beaten soundly in every area of the game by a team with a rookie QB playing his first game for a team that was much worse last year........AT HOME!

The schedule now becomes much more difficult and the entire team is in disarray. 

I don’t think this game can or should be dismissed as just one game. They were humiliated and embarrassed by a team they should beat at home, especially if Patricia is the coach to take them over the hump.

49 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

You’re right, they lost one game.

Except, they replaced the head coach expecting to be better.

They didn’t just lose, they got beaten soundly in every area of the game by a team with a rookie QB playing his first game for a team that was much worse last year........AT HOME!

The schedule now becomes much more difficult and the entire team is in disarray. 

I don’t think this game can or should be dismissed as just one game. They were humiliated and embarrassed by a team they should beat at home, especially if Patricia is the coach to take them over the hump.

And I hope the loss sits and rots in their gut and in the back of their mind. I want them to respond in the fierce and tough manner they are trying to instill in this team. 

1 hour ago, Lionized said:

They lost one game 

Considering I've questioned the last two offseasons and been butchered for it I think I'm justified to vent a little bit when we get blown up literally by epic/historic proportions to a bad/average team. I mean outside of a short time span, Lions haven't shown you anything offseason/preseason/last season/and now this season that they're turning this thing around. It's looking like they're taking on water fast and this ship should sink before the by week. Hell another outting like this one against S.F. I literally want people fired... Someone. 

I doubt you're putting money in vegas or where ever on the Jets to make the playoffs even so the loss is that bad... it's not like we lost a tight game or got blown out by a superbowl favorite or playoff contender. 

I'll be interested in what you've got to say next week on why it's ok the lions lost. 

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

Considering I've questioned the last two offseasons and been butchered for it I think I'm justified to vent a little bit when we get blown up literally by epic/historic proportions to a bad/average team.

I doubt you're putting money in vegas or where ever on the Jets to make the playoffs even. 

I'll be interested in what you've got to say next week. 

No I wouldn’t put money on any team in the pats division.

I’ll keep you posted.

2 minutes ago, Lionized said:

No I wouldn’t put money on any team in the pats division.

I’ll keep you posted.

It's not a miracle considering the Bills did it last year and the Jets have done it before.  Just reinforces without you saying how bad you do think the Jets are. 

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Ok, tell you what. You're so darned reasonable and level headed, why don't you tell me what their record is going to be at the end of the season.

You must think they're still going to be in the hunt for a playoff slot, right?

Thank you for thinking I’m reasonable and level headed for stating they lost one game. 

I think they will finish 10-6.

I do think they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot as is every other team in the nfl. It is only week two you know. 

Why would you think this team could win 10 games? 

Now I'm just flat out curious. 

5 hours ago, Lionized said:

Thank you for thinking I’m reasonable and level headed for stating they lost one game. 

I do think they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot as is every other team in the nfl. It is only week two you know. 

5 hours ago, Lionized said:

I was being sarcastic. I think you're acting like you're dispassionate and logical as an excuse for looking through rose colored glasses to an illogical degree.

Archived