Week 1: MNF Jets @ Lions

Nnivolcm

I re watched some of the highlights on the game.. it hasn't been said much but we dropped a lot of passes. think tate had 2, I know Marvin Jones had 3-4 big plays go off his hands(weather they were good throws or not, but he had a hand on them) and also I saw more then a few times Matty trying to hit a hr throw instead of checking down for 5-7 yards... my last thing why wasn't Kerryon Johnson in the game more???? he seemed like he was the best running back out of the group.

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

I re watched some of the highlights on the game.. it hasn't been said much but we dropped a lot of passes. think tate had 2, I know Marvin Jones had 3-4 big plays go off his hands(weather they were good throws or not, but he had a hand on them) and also I saw more then a few times Matty trying to hit a hr throw instead of checking down for 5-7 yards... my last thing why wasn't Kerryon Johnson in the game more???? he seemed like he was the best running back out of the group.

glutton for punishment?

14 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Why would you think this team could win 10 games? 

Now I'm just flat out curious. 

Fly guy touched on one point already. It’s a game of inches and we missed a lot of catches and a few throws that would have easily changed the course of the game early on. 

Outside of the mistakes on the offenseive side of the ball the offense looked great and I’m excited to see what happens when they put i all together

Also, Patricia’s defense and defense in general starts slow in the season. I expect this defense to be a solid unit come close to our bye week. 

After the buy week our schedule is very forgiving plenty of winnable games. 

The jets flat out won that game and had a lot of things go their way. That has no indication of what this team is or will be moving forward the next 16 weeks of the season. 

14 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I was being sarcastic. I think you're acting like you're dispassionate and logical as an excuse for looking through rose colored glasses to an illogical degree.

It’s not illogical to look past one game. I don’t have rose colored glasses on, but you must have horse blinders on. 

1 hour ago, Lionized said:

Fly guy touched on one point already. It’s a game of inches and we missed a lot of catches and a few throws that would have easily changed the course of the game early on. 

Outside of the mistakes on the offenseive side of the ball the offense looked great and I’m excited to see what happens when they put i all together

Also, Patricia’s defense and defense in general starts slow in the season. I expect this defense to be a solid unit come close to our bye week. 

The jets flat out won that game and had a lot of things go their way. That has no indication of what this team is or will be moving forward the next 16 weeks of the season. 

Outside of the terribleness of the offense, the offense wasn't terrible? What looked great about the offense? Was it the lack of the run game? The constant pressure on Stafford when he tried to pass? Or was is the constant turn overs?

Patricia's defense started slow last season when they were blown out by a KC team with some of the best offensive fire power in the NFL. We got destroyed by a rookie QB who didn't know not to throw across his body and a bunch of mediocre at best players. We also lost our only credible pass rusher and best run defender after 19 snaps. 

Before Monday night, you thought the Jets game was a winnable game. as you predicted Lions win 31-17. Forgive me if I don't trust your judgement on what games are winnable. 

The Jets flat out won that game by embarrassing us in all three phases of the game. They didn't have a lot of things go their way. They threw us around like rag dolls and laughed while doing it. Based on the lack of evidence to the contrary, that's the best indication we have of what this team is or will be moving forward the next 16 weeks of the season. 

1 hour ago, Lionized said:

When did the offense look great without the mistakes?  I will give Stafford likely will not play that bad again, but there are a lot of mistakes to correct. Thinking that those mistakes just go away is crazy IMO. 

Defensively I have little hope.  I was concerned about our ability to stop the run and get a pass rush.  The preseason and this game did nothing to make me think they will get it together.  I appreciate the positive outlook, but I need things to show signs of change before thinking they will. 

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Outside of the terribleness of the offense, the offense wasn't terrible? What looked great about the offense? Was it the lack of the run game? The constant pressure on Stafford when he tried to pass? Or was is the constant turn overs?

Patricia's defense started slow last season when they were blown out by a KC team with some of the best offensive fire power in the NFL. We got destroyed by a rookie QB who didn't know not to throw across his body and a bunch of mediocre at best players. We also lost our only credible pass rusher and best run defender after 19 snaps. 

Before Monday night, you thought the Jets game was a winnable game. as you predicted Lions win 31-17. Forgive me if I don't trust your judgement on what games are winnable. 

The Jets flat out won that game by embarrassing us in all three phases of the game. They didn't have a lot of things go their way. They threw us around like rag dolls and laughed while doing it. Based on the lack of evidence to the contrary, that's the best indication we have of what this team is or will be moving forward the next 16 weeks of the season. 

Kenny G 7 rec 114 yards, golden Tate walks in for touchdown even though the jets new our play calls. Kerryon a couple explosive plays. Matt Stafford being Matt stafford. 

Look at years past too also no one knew what those weapons were week 1. A rookie qb you praised in your topic and nfl players are nfl players they aren’t guys picked up off the road they are athletes. I hope your not talking about ansah being our best run defender. 

6 people including myself on the first page predicted a lions win, no one predicted a loss. It was a winnable game and could have easily been 31-17. I’m sorry I wasn’t 100% correct on this one. I’ll do better next time. 

If if that is you outlook I suggest  You stop watching The lions the rest of the year be we are in for another 0-16 season. 

37 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

When did the offense look great without the mistakes?  I will give Stafford likely will not play that bad again, but there are a lot of mistakes to correct. Thinking that those mistakes just go away is crazy IMO. 

Defensively I have little hope.  I was concerned about our ability to stop the run and get a pass rush.  The preseason and this game did nothing to make me think they will get it together.  I appreciate the positive outlook, but I need things to show signs of change before thinking they will. 

See above and I hope we begin seeing these changes come Sunday after a short week. 

32 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The Lions ability to stop the run was based on Ngata. When he went down with injury last season the difference was night and day. While aged, he was still a better option than anyone I see on this years roster.

Now, after the tenth cocktail sitting on the deck I can understand a performance delay while learning a new system. Heck, after 12 I might see them as SB contenders.

I just don’t see a viable roster replacement. Perhaps they thought Robinson was going to take the next step. If so, bad calculation.

I can appreciate Lionized remaing optimistic. I’m trying but can’t. These coaching tree hires don’t seem to have the greatest track record in recent times. New systems, roster churning to acquire a different type player. Changes sold on reaching the next level only to fail and suffer a 1-5 win season.”But it’s part of the process and should be expected.....”

Ive seen and heard it so many times. I need to see results before I can believe.

47 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Kenny G 7 rec 114 yards, golden Tate walks in for touchdown even though the jets new our play calls. Kerryon a couple explosive plays. Matt Stafford being Matt stafford. 

Look at years past too also no one knew what those weapons were week 1. A rookie qb you praised in your topic and nfl players are nfl players they aren’t guys picked up off the road they are athletes. I hope your not talking about ansah being our best run defender. 

6 people including myself on the first page predicted a lions win, no one predicted a loss. It was a winnable game and could have easily been 31-17. I’m sorry I wasn’t 100% correct on this one. I’ll do better next time. 

If if that is you outlook I suggest  You stop watching The lions the rest of the year be we are in for another 0-16 season. 

Kenny G had a heck of a game. Yet his best play came after an interception and his numbers were inflated by having no running game and trying to play catch up most of the game. Are you really excited about one offensive TD per game? Kerryon had 17 yards on 5 attempts. Which couple of plays were explosive? I missed them. I certainly hope Monday (and all preseason) wasn't Matt Stafford being Matt Stafford. If that's the new Matt Stafford we're in trouble. 

What praise did I give Darnold in my topic? By saying the Jets couldn't ask for a better situation to start him against? That's not praise for Darnold. That's what turned out to be a realistic thought about the state of our defense. Every team would love to be able to face a team without a pass rush and can't stop the run. As far as NFL caliber players go, the Jets offensive weapons are pedestrian. Calling them athletes doesn't change that. If Isaiah Crowell racks up over 100 yards rushing on 10 carries, how are we supposed to stop or even slow down a guy like Todd Gurley? Or Dalvin Cook? If Quincy Enunwa runs unopposed through our secondary, how are we supposed to slow down any of the dozens and dozens of better WRs we'll face weekly? If Sam Darnold looks like Aaron Rodgers against us, how will Aaron Rodgers look?

If you look at the first post I predicted a dumpster fire. I'd say I was pretty close. A lot closer than Lions winning 31-17. 

The scary thing is, we could be. All signs point to this team being a very bad team. 

15 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Kenny G had a heck of a game. Yet his best play came after an interception and his numbers were inflated by having no running game and trying to play catch up most of the game. Are you really excited about one offensive TD per game? Kerryon had 17 yards on 5 attempts. Which couple of plays were explosive? I missed them. I certainly hope Monday (and all preseason) wasn't Matt Stafford being Matt Stafford. If that's the new Matt Stafford we're in trouble. 

What praise did I give Darnold in my topic? By saying the Jets couldn't ask for a better situation to start him against? That's not praise for Darnold. That's what turned out to be a realistic thought about the state of our defense. Every team would love to be able to face a team without a pass rush and can't stop the run. As far as NFL caliber players go, the Jets offensive weapons are pedestrian. Calling them athletes doesn't change that. If Isaiah Crowell racks up over 100 yards rushing on 10 carries, how are we supposed to stop or even slow down a guy like Todd Gurley? Or Dalvin Cook? If Quincy Enunwa runs unopposed through our secondary, how are we supposed to slow down any of the dozens and dozens of better WRs we'll face weekly? If Sam Darnold looks like Aaron Rodgers against us, how will Aaron Rodgers look?

If you look at the first post I predicted a dumpster fire. I'd say I was pretty close. A lot closer than Lions winning 31-17. 

The scary thing is, we could be. All signs point to this team being a very bad team. 

Kenny G is still something to be excited about no matter what excuse you give to down play a point. I’m excited about how the td happened not how many we got. Pay attention to what I said. Kerryon had a 9 yard gain on a reverse sweep and a 5 yard gain up the middle breaking a couple tackles. Matt Stanford still has good pocket presence and is able to move around strong arm and dumps down to secondary receivers with ease. 

Crowell has inflated numbers as well since you wanted to us that excuse with Kenny g. To say Darnlold looks like Rodgers is rediculous. I really don’t want to go through the hassle of proving that point. 

Yeah it was a cute meme depicting a dumpster fire or what reality really is. You didn’t give a prediction. However if you re read what I wrote I was saying 6 people including myself predicted a win. And 31-17 wasn’t out of possibility after we scored coming in the second half. Everyone was full of optimism at that point and we just had an awful quarter with a few miss tackles and containment. 

Yes they had a terrible game so did the saints and a number of other teams this week. Does not mean they are going to all be bad teams. If the lions are so bad I wouldn’t wast my Sunday’s and Thursday watching them this season. 

I want to make this clear no one in this forum is more disgusted with how things turned out Monday night. There was a lot of expectation and hype, but it was a let down. It’s time to move forward to the next 15+ games of the season. 

38 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Kenny G is still something to be excited about no matter what excuse you give to down play a point. I’m excited about how the td happened not how many we got. Pay attention to what I said. Kerryon had a 9 yard gain on a reverse sweep and a 5 yard gain up the middle breaking a couple tackles. Matt Stanford still has good pocket presence and is able to move around strong arm and dumps down to secondary receivers with ease. 

Crowell has inflated numbers as well since you wanted to us that excuse with Kenny g. To say Darnlold looks like Rodgers is rediculous. I really don’t want to go through the hassle of proving that point. 

Yeah it was a cute meme depicting a dumpster fire or what reality really is. You didn’t give a prediction. However if you re read what I wrote I was saying 6 people including myself predicted a win. And 31-17 wasn’t out of possibility after we scored coming in the second half. Everyone was full of optimism at that point and we just had an awful quarter with a few miss tackles and containment. 

Yes they had a terrible game so did the saints and a number of other teams this week. Does not mean they are going to all be bad teams. If the lions are so bad I wouldn’t wast my Sunday’s and Thursday watching them this season. 

I want to make this clear no one in this forum is more disgusted with how things turned out Monday night. There was a lot of expectation and hype, but it was a let down. It’s time to move forward to the next 15+ games of the season. 

We had Megatron and that netted us zero playoff wins. Forgive me if a promising WR isn't enough to ignore the embarrassing display Monday night. What was so exciting about how that one TD happened? Just that it happened in an otherwise barren wasteland of plays to feel good about? We've really dumbed down our expectation of "explosive plays" haven't we? Matt Stafford was beaten and injured by both the Jets and his own offensive line... I'm shocked that someone would rave about Stafford's pocket presence and ability to move. I would dispute Staffords ability to dump down to any receivers with ease and I'd use the 4 ints and the 58% completion rate as evidence to that stance. 

How does Crowell have inflated numbers? Is it that every RB is likely to have inflated numbers when facing a rush defense this bad? For someone who took a shot @detroitlions72003 for saying everyone in America feels a certain way, it's funny that you follow up with "everyone was full of optimism".

The Saints had a bad defensive game. The Lions had a bad game in all three phases, four if you count coaching. If you think you wouldn't waste your time watching a bad team, I suggest you prep yourself to stop watching this team. 

Well obviously your expectations are to high if you are now resorting to belittling megatron. You sure do make it an art of taking comments out of context don’t you. I was simply making positive points about the game. Yet you choose to take the most negative out look possible and tear down any opinion that isn’t your own. WR’s showing promise excellent, Wide open TD against a team that could read all our plays excellent can’t wait to see what happens when they change their signals which they already have. Excellent. Promising explosive plays from a rb with limited snaps, can’t wait till he gets more reps. Excellent. I can’t wait to go over Staffords stats next game. I bet his positive stats aren’t because he just changed that much as a passer as a whole. 

Crowell has inflated numbers because he busted off a 60+ yard run that leaves 9 runs and 40- yards. It was a wiffed tackle get over it. Again taking a shot at Detroit lion is taken out of context as well when he was taking a shot at me. The difference is you could hear it in the crowd at the game their opinions not what Detroitlion thought was smart to say. Again you making it an art to scue my words. 

How are you going to turn my own words against me. I’m not the one sitting here complaining about every aspect of their game. It was directed towards you. Yet you have excuses for other teams in the nfl even to one that got dismantled by a back up qb. 

Archived