Week 1: MNF Jets @ Lions

Nnivolcm

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

We had Megatron and that netted us zero playoff wins. Forgive me if a promising WR isn't enough to ignore the embarrassing display Monday night. What was so exciting about how that one TD happened? Just that it happened in an otherwise barren wasteland of plays to feel good about? We've really dumbed down our expectation of "explosive plays" haven't we? Matt Stafford was beaten and injured by both the Jets and his own offensive line... I'm shocked that someone would rave about Stafford's pocket presence and ability to move. I would dispute Staffords ability to dump down to any receivers with ease and I'd use the 4 ints and the 58% completion rate as evidence to that stance. 

How does Crowell have inflated numbers? Is it that every RB is likely to have inflated numbers when facing a rush defense this bad? For someone who took a shot @detroitlions72003 for saying everyone in America feels a certain way, it's funny that you follow up with "everyone was full of optimism".

The Saints had a bad defensive game. The Lions had a bad game in all three phases, four if you count coaching. If you think you wouldn't waste your time watching a bad team, I suggest you prep yourself to stop watching this team. 

Well obviously your expectations are to high if you are now resorting to belittling megatron. You sure do make it an art of taking comments out of context don’t you. I was simply making positive points about the game. Yet you choose to take the most negative out look possible and tear down any opinion that isn’t your own. WR’s showing promise excellent, Wide open TD against a team that could read all our plays excellent can’t wait to see what happens when they change their signals which they already have. Excellent. Promising explosive plays from a rb with limited snaps, can’t wait till he gets more reps. Excellent. I can’t wait to go over Staffords stats next game. I bet his positive stats aren’t because he just changed that much as a passer as a whole. 

Crowell has inflated numbers because he busted off a 60+ yard run that leaves 9 runs and 40- yards. It was a wiffed tackle get over it. Again taking a shot at Detroit lion is taken out of context as well when he was taking a shot at me. The difference is you could hear it in the crowd at the game their opinions not what Detroitlion thought was smart to say. Again you making it an art to scue my words. 

How are you going to turn my own words against me. I’m not the one sitting here complaining about every aspect of their game. It was directed towards you. Yet you have excuses for other teams in the nfl even to one that got dismantled by a back up qb. 

18 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Well obviously your expectations are to high if you are now resorting to belittling megatron. You sure do make it an art of taking comments out of context don’t you. I was simply making positive points about the game. Yet you choose to take the most negative out look possible and tear down any opinion that isn’t your own. WR’s showing promise excellent, Wide open TD against a team that could read all our plays excellent can’t wait to see what happens when they change their signals which they already have. Excellent. Promising explosive plays from a rb with limited snaps, can’t wait till he gets more reps. Excellent. I can’t wait to go over Staffords stats next game. I bet his positive stats aren’t because he just changed that much as a passer as a whole. 

Crowell has inflated numbers because he busted off a 60+ yard run that leaves 9 runs and 40- yards. It was a wiffed tackle get over it. Again taking a shot at Detroit lion is taken out of context as well when he was taking a shot at me. The difference is you could hear it in the crowd at the game their opinions not what Detroitlion thought was smart to say. Again you making it an art to scue my words. 

How are you going to turn my own words against me. I’m not the one sitting here complaining about every aspect of their game. It was directed towards you. Yet you have excuses for other teams in the nfl even to one that got dismantled by a back up qb. 

Pointing out that even with a WR as great as Megatron, we didn't win a playoff game? That's belittling someone? I think Calvin Johnson probably has thicker skin than that. What context did I miss? You said you were excited (and expected a 10 win season) and listed Kenny G as a reason to think that. I pointed out that even with an all time great like Megatron, we couldn't win a playoff game. That's adding context, not ignoring it. I voice my disagreement with opinions that I don't agree with. This is a discussion board after all. You call my outlook negative, I call it realistic. You've set the bar to low when you say things like "explosive plays". A 5 yard play run isn't explosive. It should be closer to the norm than explosive. 

9 rushes for 40 yards is still a better average than they guy you were so excited about, even without pretending like his biggest run didn't happen. Yes, each of them, by themselves is one wiffed tackle. However when you look at all of them together they show a pattern of poor tackling. So instead of pretending like a problem doesn't exist and telling others who disagree to "get over it" I choose to let that information influence my opinions of the future. A crowd at a football game made noise when there was a TD? Well I guess that means "EVERYONE was full of optimism" that the Lions would win. Just like everyone is full of optimism every time anyone scores a TD. You don't like people "scue"ing your words? Use better ones. When you make a statement like you expect this team to win 10 games after a performance like Monday night, be prepared to be challenged on it. 

Was I wrong about the Saints? Did their offense not score more than one TD? Do they not have one of the most respected and proven coaches in the sport? One of the greats playing QB? Do you honestly think the Saints had a worse performance than the Lions had??

16 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Pointing out that even with a WR as great as Megatron, we didn't win a playoff game? That's belittling someone? I think Calvin Johnson probably has thicker skin than that. What context did I miss? You said you were excited (and expected a 10 win season) and listed Kenny G as a reason to think that. I pointed out that even with an all time great like Megatron, we couldn't win a playoff game. That's adding context, not ignoring it. I voice my disagreement with opinions that I don't agree with. This is a discussion board after all. You call my outlook negative, I call it realistic. You've set the bar to low when you say things like "explosive plays". A 5 yard play run isn't explosive. It should be closer to the norm than explosive. 

9 rushes for 40 yards is still a better average than they guy you were so excited about, even without pretending like his biggest run didn't happen. Yes, each of them, by themselves is one wiffed tackle. However when you look at all of them together they show a pattern of poor tackling. So instead of pretending like a problem doesn't exist and telling others who disagree to "get over it" I choose to let that information influence my opinions of the future. A crowd at a football game made noise when there was a TD? Well I guess that means "EVERYONE was full of optimism" that the Lions would win. Just like everyone is full of optimism every time anyone scores a TD. You don't like people "scue"ing your words? Use better ones. When you make a statement like you expect this team to win 10 games after a performance like Monday night, be prepared to be challenged on it. 

Was I wrong about the Saints? Did their offense not score more than one TD? Do they not have one of the most respected and proven coaches in the sport? One of the greats playing QB? Do you honestly think the Saints had a worse performance than the Lions had??

Not that this hasn’t been a riveting conversation with you today but I can tell this is going no where. There is no since in beating a dead horse to death. I hope you enjoy your evening. I hope things start looking up on Sunday, and I hope to talk to you more then. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000961565/article/glover-quin-responds-to-reports-of-lions-unhappiness

"There's a lot of guys in here, man," Quin said. "There's a lot of guys in the locker room. No way that everybody is going to be completely happy. That's never been the case. Even schedules we've had in the past, there's always complaints. It's just part of human nature."

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, SimbaWho said:

Well all my fears are being realized. I gave up at half time, offense couldn't move. 

Same problems as last year, but also more new ones. Stafford looked really bad also. Hopefully thats not a decline in his game and just a bleep. 

The team I saw last night are in the sweepstakes for the 1st overall pick. If they win less than 5 games honestly both the Coach/Gm should be fired. They clearly have no clue. No clue. I know people will say they need time etc etc, but nah, these guys were brought in to take a step forward and we've taken a major leap backwards if not fallen right back onto the ground.

I won't watch another game this year, I had little hope coming into the season, and basically no hope after watching that first half. 

Idk why I watched more games... So dumb... gosh darnit man! >:(

* Still gonna watch the Thanksgiving game prolly cause... idk I literally don't know what else to do besides watch the game and chit chat with family but yeah... throwing in the towel, raising the flag, whatever...

At least we got Michigan still I suppose for at least a few more weeks and also State/Michigan basketball starting up. 

On 11/5/2018 at 8:46 AM, SimbaWho said:

Idk why I watched more games... So dumb... gosh darnit man! >:(

* Still gonna watch the Thanksgiving game prolly cause... idk I literally don't know what else to do besides watch the game and chit chat with family but yeah... throwing in the towel, raising the flag, whatever...

At least we got Michigan still I suppose for at least a few more weeks and also State/Michigan basketball starting up. 

I totally agree this season has turned into a laughing joke..now to watch the thanksgiving game and say goodbye and see you at the draft!

Archived