GDT - Week 1 - Steelers at Browns

warfelg

FOOTBALL IS BACK!

WEEK 1

STEELERBROWNS

Cleveland Ohio, FirstEnergy Stadium, Sunday September 9th, 1pm

fes16_bottom.jpg

SEASON PREVIEW FOR THE BROWNS:

New general manager John Dorsey overhauled the roster this offseason, and the final 53 could feature several new starters. The team points to that rebuild and a quarterback room (free agent Tyrod Taylor, No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield) that was torn down to the studs and remodeled as reasons for optimism. The Browns also have a new receiver (free agent Jarvis Landry) and running backs (free agent Carlos Hyde, second-round pick Nick Chubb) on offense and a new cornerback (No. 4 overall pick Denzel Ward) and safety (Damarious Randall) on defense. Finally, they will have a new offensive coordinator (Todd Haley) calling plays. They hope the changes lead to a flushing of 1-31 the past two seasons. -- Pat McManamon

SEASON PREVIEW FOR THE STEELERS:

Le'Veon Bell has stayed away from the Steelers for two straight summers, leaving questions about the team's offensive outlook and Bell's future in the black and gold. The Steelers spent the preseason improving what should be a stronger overall rosterin 2018. Running back James Conner had an impressive August and looks ready for a bigger workload. But Bell is a key cog in the Steelers' championship-caliber attack, and after missing the last seven-plus months of offseason work in a holdout, the All-Pro might be looking for a new uniform in 2019 due to rocky franchise tag negotiations. Bell won't have long to prepare for game action and avoid the slow start that plagued him last season. Pittsburgh must find a way to maximize its abilities with Bell in the fold while looking to the future, knowing great partnerships don't always last. -- Jeremy Fowler

BUT NOW, THE IMPORTANT PART:

4677f758b758230853e796e5b6c841cf_width-6

girldesigner_21_39582228_318865835344705

40-photos-131.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&

Chances are very high that the Cleveland Run D and D itself will have a strong performance, no matter who is toting the rock. They look to be pretty underrated by the very minimal to no appreciation they are receiving. We will have to listen all week about how it was evident that the Steelers missed/need Le'veon Bell only to be followed by a standout performance by Conner vs Kansas City the following week. Stay Strong Pittsburgh. 

I expect this to be the best game these two have played against each other ever. I dont expect Cleveland to win more than once against us and I dont expect them to beat us at home. So what I am saying is if we do win this game I think we sweep them but I have a feeling its going to come down to the final seconds.

Do the Browns even have a LT?  Their probowl RG has been injured all preseason.  I am not really worried about their offense.  Their defense can be real but we will see.  I predict Steelers 24-10.

My understanding is that this could be a slopfest.  The tropical storm leftovers could be over Cleveland on Sunday.  May the best Oline win.

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

I guess this means Burnett is inactive? I hope he makes it back for next week. I also hope Edmunds can hold down the fort for a week. I have a feeling Marcus Allen will be headed to the PS soon and Adams gets called up. When Burnett comes back, I doubt we'll carry that many safeties on the 53. 

59 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Do the Browns even have a LT?  Their probowl RG has been injured all preseason.  I am not really worried about their offense.  Their defense can be real but we will see.  I predict Steelers 24-10.

My understanding is that this could be a slopfest.  The tropical storm leftovers could be over Cleveland on Sunday.  May the best Oline win.

Technically, no. The starting LT to my understanding will be Joel Bitonio.

LT: Joel Bitonio / Desmond Harrison

LG: Austin Corbett

C: J.C. Tretter / Aaron Nealy

RG: Kevin Zeitler / Earl Watford

RT: Chris Hubbard / Greg Robinson

That is what their depth chart for the OL will look like 'unofficially' for Sundays game.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Technically, no. The starting LT to my understanding will be Joel Bitonio.

LT: Joel Bitonio / Desmond Harrison

LG: Austin Corbett

C: J.C. Tretter / Aaron Nealy

RG: Kevin Zeitler / Earl Watford

RT: Chris Hubbard / Greg Robinson

That is what their depth chart for the OL will look like 'unofficially' for Sundays game.

Bitonio  has been injured all preseason.  They are going to have a new LT and a rookie LG.  Should be fun.

Archived