GDT - Week 1 - Steelers at Browns

warfelg

James Harrison said he wouldn't report until later in the season, but will bell take this approach? This is where we have the suspense going on until he shows up. It's making for quite a season for us and the media. If bell really want to be spiteful, he will wait until after the trade deadline. If they did trade him, that could work for both parties but can he sign his mega deal while  hid franchise tag season is still in play?

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

James Harrison said he wouldn't report until later in the season, but will bell take this approach? This is where we have the suspense going on until he shows up. It's making for quite a season for us and the media. If bell really want to be spiteful, he will wait until after the trade deadline. If they did trade him, that could work for both parties but can he sign his mega deal while  hid franchise tag season is still in play?

No.  THat passed on July 16th.

11 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

572b5e8b910584155c8c0cc9-750-563.jpg

58 minutes ago, warfelg said:

see above then.  Bell might as well just sit as long as he can than claim injury on his first play back.  The mentality of playing not to get just doesn't make sense in this sport . He should play golf instead. 

Good find for the pic btw

23 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I thought he'd show up today. Now Week 11 seems the most likely.

I think week 11 was their target all along and they thought they would get a trade by not saying anything. That NFLN reporter that covers the Steelers was talking about it today. 

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder if the steelers would make him inactive for the rest of the yr if he stays away for 11 weeks... did the eagles do that in 05 with TO?

That's a great question. I mean obviously we all went them to win a Super Bowl but how can the team welcome this guy back after clearly not being a team players and only looking after himself?

He won't be here next year so should they just start the post Bell era right now even if he does come back? Honestly, if they do that then I wouldn't have problem with that at all. It tells the locker room that this type of crap won't be tolerated. I've given players many second and even third chances. Last year I was excited that Bryant came back but then he resorted to his childish behavior and was a distraction to the team. However, this is a guy that doesn't give a crap about the team. It's clear. Despite all the BS that he spews about wanting to retire a Steeler. The guy has never been a man of his word. If he does wait that long then I would have no problem with them not activating him or have him sit on the bench.

5 hours ago, 3rivers said:

If Bell sits for 10 weeks, the Steelers would put him on reserve for 2 weeks and save $11M on the salary cap.  Roll that into next season and tag him again.  It would only cost $15M because of the 11M in savings.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

If Bell sits for 10 weeks, the Steelers would put him on reserve for 2 weeks and save $11M on the salary cap.  Roll that into next season and tag him again.  It would only cost $15M because of the 11M in savings.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.  I'm sure the team has had quite enough with this malcontent. 

Thank you War! Sorry I have been a bit absent lately for this kind of stuff. Been rather crazy time for me plus I am transitioning jobs here. 

(Heads up, I will NOT be available during Monday Night Football games for us; please see a global moderator if there is an issue here during that time. Thank you!)

Nice GDT. Also includes the ladies.

10/10 - would approve again.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I thought they couldn't tag him if he plays this year, even a single kneel down.  I don't want to go through this again next year, that would be enough to skip the season .  They should field offers for him this year and just ship him out once he signs.  The Eagle could use a dual threat RB, trade him there

Archived