GDT - Week 1 - Steelers at Browns

warfelg

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

Missed the game today for family duty, but sounds like it was total cluster****.   

Pretty much.

After Reg season does a tie count as a "loss" or win in comparison to other records? I guess im asking how it figures into standings as far as seeding.

Gonna assune this puts us way behind the 8 ball in the afc 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Pretty much.

After Reg season does a tie count as a "loss" or win in comparison to other records? I guess im asking how it figures into standings as far as seeding.

Gonna assune this puts us way behind the 8 ball in the afc 

Yeah, I'm reading brutal reactions from the game.

It only puts us back 1/2 a game.  Which shouldn't be a BIG deal if we can win the next 10 or 11 out of 15.   Could knock us down in playoff seeding at the end.  Definitely not good, but much better than a loss.  (which would have been truly disastrous)

14 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Don't forget over a 100yds in penalties. You can't win doing that. 

some penalties were questionable, but burns was lacking discipline when he got his penalty. That can't be allowed because with the refs ready to call anything, the team needs to keep penalties to a minimum. I thought the penalty on watt was questionable as well, but the league is taking a stand against QB's being hit various ways. The nfl wants to have more 40+ Year old qb's starting in 10 years than has ever started then entire history of the leagues (afl and nfl). Good luck becoming a starting QB in this league 5 years from now or 10 years from now. The QB's will also take up 20% of the cap,  if you can handle that. 

13 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Missed the game today for family duty, but sounds like it was total cluster****. 

I didn't agree with come of the officiating, but the game wasn't lacking drama thats for sure, turnovers will do that.  Did you see Watt's blocked FG? Hue thought a player was offside, but I haven't seen a replay that clearly shows the line at the snap on that play.  The team needs to regroup and get ready for what now looks to be a difficult few weeks. This schedule might be the most difficult  we have had since I can remember and the team needs to play at good because these games don't look to be the ones we win showing up in the 3rd quarter and eventually relying on a sack FF to be picked up by a player and returned for a TD. 

If you watch the replay of the game, I think you will see the secondary has improved. It wasn't vs a high profile QB mind you, but the DB's made several plays . The gordon TD was excellent coverage but also a perfect pass and catch, what a play.  This game would have been better for the viewers if the refs never interfered as much with the new rules and questionable calls.  Each year the league keeps removing some more hitting and the nature of the game,  good if you want a league full of 45 year old QB's that get 20% of the teams cap while the RB's that take the most hits and also get slaved to a franchise tag and then discarded by the age of 30. 

Pass rush and Conner looked great and nothing else, that’s all folks! This should’ve been a win and will probably count as one as the season closes, but there’s no reason they should’ve lost. There’s no excuse for Ben’s 3 ints except for the one the Jesse James dropped.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:16 AM, 3rivers said:

Each year the league keeps removing some more hitting and the nature of the game,  good if you want a league full of 45 year old QB's that get 20% of the teams cap while the RB's that take the most hits and also get slaved to a franchise tag and then discarded by the age of 30. 

Absolutely perfect description of today’s NFL. Bravo ?  sir, BRAVO!

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Absolutely perfect description of today’s NFL. Bravo ?  sir, BRAVO!

and I forgot the game is actually slower because players are heavier run out of air and more importantly , they can't hit and pull up a bit, hence the loss of speed. The game is nowhere near what it was (speed, hitting) despite what the combine people and media say.  WR's can catch better, that is obvious, but the rest?

Archived