Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

So I've watched this show in a weird pattern. I didn't watch any of S1-S6, then like some time at the end of S6 (after Hodor dies) I picked it up and have watched every episode since. Obviously this has led to some confusion on my part on not knowing back stories or anything like that (example: When Arya sees Nymeria in the forest in S7, I didn't know who that was), so now I've started the show from the beginning and it's so cool seeing the backstories or characters who are still alive at the end of S7 and seeing how they've progressed as characters.

6 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I'm confused, that didn't have anything filled in for season 8 did it? Looked like it just tracked the people to current.

Yeah, that doesn't really seem like that big of a spoiler. It has nothing about the new season and if people haven't caught up by now, that's on them.

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bahhh I just got spoiled with the Night King if that thing was true. How do people have spoilers already?

What are you talking about? There wasn't any spoilers in it unless you're not caught up through the end of season 7.

Just now, skywindO2 said:

What are you talking about? There wasn't any spoilers in it unless you're not caught up through the end of season 7.

It said the episodes that characters die in S8 unless I totally glanced over it and read wrong. Which I probably did. 

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It said the episodes that characters die in S8 unless I totally glanced over it and read wrong. Which I probably did. 

Yeah dude, I'm not that much of a prick to post S8 spoilers. Hell, I was even hesitant about watching the preview b/c I literally want to know absolutely nothing going into this season. Unfortunately I have no will power and watched the trailer 45 seconds after I found out it existed. I would never post anything to ruin the show's future for anyone nor even entertain the idea of looking for myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah dude, I'm not that much of a prick to post S8 spoilers. Hell, I was even hesitant about watching the preview b/c I literally want to know absolutely nothing going into this season. Unfortunately I have no will power and watched the trailer 45 seconds after I found out it existed. I would never post anything to ruin the show's future for anyone nor even entertain the idea of looking for myself. 

Yeah apologies! I just read it wrong. 

I think GoT has done a fantastic job so far at no spoilers/scripts being leaked. All of the S7 scripts were leaked ahead of the season. I endulged and read them and they were unfortunately true. I won’t be doing that to myself this time. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 1:59 PM, seminoles1 said:

I just saw an interesting theory that Dany is going to voluntarily switch sides and become the Night Queen, running parralel to the 13th Lord Commander falling in love with a White Walker woman.

It reflects back to Dany's vision in season 2. Her throne was covered in ice/snow, right before she touched it, she was taken beyond the wall to Drogo and her son (this came to be in season 7 when the throne was within her grasp, but she left to go save Jon beyond the wall), she then leaves Drogo and her son when she hears her dragons cry (this will be Dany abandoning Jon and potentially her baby [could be a miscarriage or after confirmation she can't have biological children] after her dragons are killed and all 3 become ice dragons).

She chooses to stay with her dragons even though it means switching sides.

Whoa. Interesting. I could definitely see GOT having a bittersweet ending like that, Dany not ending up on the iron throne (or at least by the side of the ruler) would be a curve ball 7 seasons in the making. 

Both dragons, living and dead, are going to be incredibly vulnerable. Just a single spear piercing any part of them will kill them (although for the living side, a device like scorpion is needed as it looks like Night King has strength to project a spear at a force rivaling scorpion). However, we saw a dragon get easily pierced at close range in the pits by thrown spears, although I know they wouldn't have the ice dragon go down in such unceremonious fashion. We will probably get a duel between Drogon and an undead Viserion.