Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im talking about the actual accounts. And tales spreading by mouth and slow hand wrote accounts for hundreds of years. Not fluff.

You want good storytelling. But you want it to fit a mold of everything else. Where its all sprinkles and rainbows. The books are not about the throne. Clearly says it in the title. Ice and Fire. Dead and Living.  It does not matter who ends up on the throne.

Telling a story when one of these Targs just happy go lucky predictably to the throne and ignoring the major plot is ridiculous. They should stand no better a chance than anyone else or each other.  And Jaime makes as much sense as your Targ Disney crap. Especially with Danys visions, all the prophecies, Jaimes arc, his drive and all else.

Way you want it I might as well just watch Shrek with the kids again.

I have no preference between comedy or tragedy (if anything, I trend darker), and there is no definitive association between comedy, tragedy, good, or bad. Shakespeare's best work (Hamlet) is a tragedy. Some of the movies that are best written are tragedies - Se7en is an excellent example. Well-structured tragedy. 

You have deliberately conflated a "happy" ending with a well structured one and are acting as if my prediction that a classically influenced author will follow Western lit norms makes me a PG movie watcher when all it does is confirm that you haven't had a decent high school English class.

• Like 1

I disagree on Yara being the one to kill Euron, I think Euron and Yara will fight and Euron will beat her and prepare to kill her and Theon will step in and defend her defeating and killing Euron thus completing Theon's redemption arc and ending reek once and for all.

26 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I disagree on Yara being the one to kill Euron, I think Euron and Yara will fight and Euron will beat her and prepare to kill her and Theon will step in and defend her defeating and killing Euron thus completing Theon's redemption arc and ending reek once and for all.

Yep. This validates several scenes that Sansa and Yara have had forcing Theon to remember who he is and throw away the Reek name. Yara goes as far to suggest that if Theon can't remember who he is, he should cut his wrists. Theon doesn't, and by doing so has made his choice, he's not Reek anymore. We see that confirmed when he promises to rescue his sister and beats up an Ironborn to do it. The staredown between Euron and Theon, with Theon running the first time is going to make the final fight they have more powerful.

The Sansa scene at the river is basically ripped out of Hamlet. Theon confesses that he'd do anything for Sansa, who says she'd die before she'd cross the river (this is a reference to Ophelia, who drowned in a river).

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. This validates several scenes that Sansa and Yara have had forcing Theon to remember who he is and throw away the Reek name. Yara goes as far to suggest that if Theon can't remember who he is, he should cut his wrists. Theon doesn't, and by doing so has made his choice, he's not Reek anymore. We see that confirmed when he promises to rescue his sister and beats up an Ironborn to do it. The staredown between Euron and Theon, with Theon running the first time is going to make the final fight they have more powerful.

The Sansa scene at the river is basically ripped out of Hamlet. Theon confesses that he'd do anything for Sansa, who says she'd die before she'd cross the river (this is a reference to Ophelia, who drowned in a river).

Ha. You're depending too much on that story. Theon may redeem himself and I hope he does but Euron is no ordinary fighter he's supposed to be a combination of Victorian and Euron which makes him deadly. Theon may distract him and get his head cleaved in two but it will be someone else to deal the killing blow like Yara. Plus tbh, it wouldn't surprise if he turns her into a salt wife and cuts her tongue out giving her all the more reason too.

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I have no preference between comedy or tragedy (if anything, I trend darker), and there is no definitive association between comedy, tragedy, good, or bad. Shakespeare's best work (Hamlet) is a tragedy. Some of the movies that are best written are tragedies - Se7en is an excellent example. Well-structured tragedy. 

You have deliberately conflated a "happy" ending with a well structured one and are acting as if my prediction that a classically influenced author will follow Western lit norms makes me a PG movie watcher when all it does is confirm that you haven't had a decent high school English class.

Considering English was a 2nd language elective course where Im from. Im doing far better than you have been with reading comprehension.

Youre saying that " You have deliberately blah blah". No I havent done such a thing. Ive been differentiating between the main and a non sequential secondary plot. Thus leaving the secondary open to options and not generically direct pathed.

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

but Euron is no ordinary fighter he's supposed to be a combination of Victorian and Euron which makes him deadly.

I dont know who you meant for that 2nd name. But I never gathered he was anything like Victarian. Euron has to be a great warrior to survive all hes done. But Victarian is a strait powerhouse that dwarfs Euron. I figured Euron more like Bronn.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont know who you meant for that 2nd name. But I never gathered he was anything like Victarian. Euron has to be a great warrior to survive all hes done. But Victarian is a strait powerhouse that dwarfs Euron. I figured Euron more like Bronn.

Nope it's victarion greyjoy. The giveaway is the axe he carries which is classic Vactarion. He is supposed to be able to play mind games like  the book Euron but has all of the fighting capabilities of Victarion. Keep in mind Bronn got his a$$ kicked by the sand snacks in that terrible episode in season 5. But not only did Euron kill the 2 older ones he also captured his own niece alive who was supposed to be a formidable fighter.

Theon isn't exactly a pushover either though, we never got to see his full potential as swordsman before he was knocked out from behind by his own men in winterfell. He's mentally broken but he was trained by Ned Stark and Sir Rodrik and trained with Robb Stark and Jon Snow, we never really saw Robb fight in the show but Jon has been established as an extremely capable and talented swordsman.. I'm not saying Theon is on Jon's level but he definitely isn't some pushover.

Edited by rob_shadows

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

The show is missing some important characters and storylines only found in the books. 

The books are REALLY long. I think that the show has done about as good as humanly possible at trimming the book and tying together storylines. I also like that the books have different content so that they can both stand on their own a bit more. I honestly think that the show red wedding and “traitor” scene (easily two of the most important scenes in show history) were BETTER in the show. 

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

We’re thinking about naming our daughter Daenerys pending outcome of show. Everyone else wants to, but maybe we’re the only ones bold enough to do it. 

Im the 7th in my line with my name. Some dang gum mega rock star has his last name as my first. And nothing makes me want to punch someone more than them asking if I was named after some stupid rock star.

• Like 1