Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I have no problem with Dany going mad, and that is how I expect it to play out in the books, but they needed about 10 more episodes of development to really get to that point. Completely rushed.

Exactly.

11 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Did anyone else get huge Star Wars Empire vibes from Dany's speech? D+D already working on their Star Wars material. 

Yep. That whole thing was basically a speech from the First Order as they're about to blow up a planet in another galaxy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Some of the masters were innocent of the crime of crucifying children.  That was her justice.  They were innocent, but held responsible bc of their birth.  Do you not see the subtext there?

Sounds like lazy writing to me!

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What innocent people did she murder before? The masters were not innocent.

He literally explained it in the post you quoted. It was shown on screen that at least one of those masters was innocent and opposed the other masters. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Or....lazy writing is justifying more fast-traveling characters because they need to put them in certain places in order to advance the episode? Kind of like how Euron swam a triathlon in the previous episode just to conveniently land on the same beach as Jaime at the exact moment Jaime was going to save Cersei? Or how Theon fast traveled up to King's Landing after being on a ship with Yara?

It is nit picking but jfc this show has no sense of time any longer because of how rushed everything needs to be.

It has no sense of time bc GRRM lost sense of time and just said eff it, timeframe really has no more meaning anymore.  I dont know exactly when all these events took place, some happened concurrently, some happened consecutively, the point is that they happened.  Work it out for yourself how it all works.  

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

He literally explained it in the post you quoted. It was shown on screen that at least one of those masters was innocent and opposed the other masters. 

Wasn't that dude spared, though? Or am I thinking of something else. I'm thinking of the master who was chained in the basement then freed and ultimately died in the fighting pits.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It has no sense of time bc GRRM lost sense of time and just said eff it, timeframe really has no more meaning anymore.  I dont know exactly when all these events took place, some happened concurrently, some happened consecutively, the point is that they happened.  Work it out for yourself how it all works.  

Can people please stop saying GRRM has anything to do with the show at this point? He doesn't. The only thing he did beyond S4 was provide the outline for how things would end. GRRM didn't lose sense of time, D&D did. 

If you're okay with characters warping places and then you actually get upset because people are criticizing that, the problem isn't the people criticizing it lol

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It is nit picking but jfc this show has no sense of time any longer because of how rushed everything needs to be.

Life is often unfair and unkind. We learn to absorb and get beyond it, generally. Best wishes for this sent. 

Edited by oldman9er

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Slave master and innocent don't go together like child and innocent. They were innocent of crucifying those people but how innocent was their character? Totally debatable. Not really as debatable as the innocence of a small child.

Looks it's obvious season 8 will be divided amongst those who bought the writers laying the context for Dany to go mad, and those who don't. There isn't a right side. The only point about this that is not arguable to me is that the writers left lots of evidence for each side to use to call others wrong, and then had to explain their p.o.v because they rushed to get to the conclusion. Some bought it, others don't.

• Like 1

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Jon confronting Dany about killing the Lannister prisoners came way too late too. They  just pulled scenes out of a hat when they were editing them together. 

That is what I thought too. They make a big deal of Jon marching off to go talk to Dany right away, but then in the next shot Greyworm is already just chilling there, and then once Jon and Dany finally start talking Jon sort of forgets about it for a while.