Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

I find it funny all of a sudden Bran gets a personality and wants to be king in the finale. His character arc is so inconsistent just like many others this season.

did he really want it, or just agree it would be best ?

26 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dany came in and completely upset the way of life and culture of a foreign nation.  By freeing the slaves, closing the fighting pits, and turning the power structure on its head she created chaos.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Bran Stark

Dany was doing what she needed to do.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

It's a little bit in the middle for me. It doesnt mean nothing but it's super, super underwhelming for such a major reveal.

Yeah, I can see that. It was built up to be the biggest part of the story, so anything other than that can be underwhelming. My point is that it wasn't just ignored completely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

did he really want it, or just agree it would be best ?

The snarky "why do you think I came all this way" (implying that he wanted to be King all along) was just so out of character and weird.

If he is gonna be the creepy 3ER and basically non-human, that is fine. But that was just weird.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

It's a little bit in the middle for me. It doesnt mean nothing but it's super, super underwhelming for such a major reveal.

I dont think there was any good way to do the reveal short of Ned coming back from the dead to tell Jon himself, especially with the whole comment of "next time I see you, I"ll tell you about your mother"  I think that is why everyone felt underwhelmed.  And I think the book will better Express some starting to rally behind Jon after finding out. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

The snarky "why do you think I came all this way" (implying that he wanted to be King all along) was just so out of character and weird.

If he is gonna be the creepy 3ER and basically non-human, that is fine. But that was just weird.

It was right in line with "I'm waiting for an old friend" tbh.  Implying that he sees the future.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I find it funny all of a sudden Bran gets a personality and wants to be king in the finale. His character arc is so inconsistent just like many others this season.

is that what we are calling that display?

I really think that after season 4 was over and D+D needed to start actually writing, they had no idea what to do with Bran and the 3ER storyline. Then they made Bran the new king just for the shock value. 

If he was going to be king, or if the 3ER was actually going to be important, they needed to do a LOT more with his character. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

It does NOT imply that he wanted to be King. 

it can easily imply that he believed IT WAS BEST to be made KIng.

This was all about Bran being the choice... as a last gasp for humanity to get its **** straight. No greed, no coveting, no BS..

What better choice than Bran, really? Jon? well, maybe before he committed murderous treason. 

10 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Inconsistent? I'd say non existant. Why the hell would the three eyed raven even want to be king? It's such a weird, weird decision to make him king.

I was mainly talking about how his character was potrayed throughout the series. He had more of a personality and talking less emotionless in the finale, Even though that was how he was for most of the series.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

So Bran sees the future and just does nothing to stop anything. Ever. 

Probably good not to go into religious debate here, but this post does conjure a thought or 10

Edited by oldman9er

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

It does NOT imply that he wanted to be King. 

it can easily imply that he believed IT WAS BEST to be made KIng.

This was all about Bran being the choice... as a last gasp for humanity to get its **** straight. No greed, no coveting, no BS..

What better choice than Bran, really? Jon? well, maybe before he committed murderous treason. 

Choosing Jon just creates more of the same.  He killed the queen so now he gets to be king? How is that any different.  Electing Bran reflects real change.