Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

"From this moment on all rulers are elected. Chosen by the lords and ladies of Westeros." Sounds like Democracy to me. They laughed at Sams proposal of every citzen getting the right to choose their rulers and yet that's what's going to happen after this current generation is gone cause no one gets to pass on their title's and land now.

The houses are still passed on by lineage, just not the ruling king.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This has probably been brought up before, but if Bran foresaw all this and did nothing to stop it (in fact encouraged it by having Sam tell Jon his true heritage) isn’t he just as bad as Danaerys for letting all those innocent people burn? You could argue he’s even worse as he’s making a cold, calculated decision to do it whereas Dany was ruled by her emotions. 

And you can just as easily say that he knew that long term, anyone but him would have been even more disastrous with wars raging for centuries resulting in deaths far greater in the long run. It's all assumption. So he could be a good guy even if that was all intentional. 

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Since when has Yara shown to be loyal? She was wrote to be loyal to Dany but she as an Iron Islander has really shown to be anything but.

People keep forgetting how little she had followed orders throughout the series. She disobeyed her father to rescue her brother when he strictly forbid it, stole a hefty chunk of ships from the new King of the Iron Islands, went off to secure the Iron Islands suppsedly for Dany and yet Dany never gave her that order. They could have just as likely have been ordered to go to White Harbor and wait.

If she liked Dany well enough she might have done it but this is a woman who just destroyed their oldest tradition and really their only means to support themselves that they know, so the only time we really see this affection towards Dany was at the trial.

Dany promised Yara independence. Now she’s not getting it. Dany also destroyed her Uncle’s fleet and ended the threat on the Iron Born. If nothing else it was a massive insult 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I absolutely LOVE that u of all people watched it again. LMAO

I was really trying to make sense of it and give it a chance to wrap everything up. But it's like even D&D couldn't be bothered with the ending and gave it to some highschool ghostwriter.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mentioned that last night to an extent. The other Lords had to pissed if that was an option. Not to mention, the concept opens a huge can of worms on the back end. 

I wrote last week or the week before that I wouldn't have been shocked if the entire thing feel apart and went back to seven individual kingdoms.

It makes sense for the central 5 regions to align due to their proximity and similarities. 

The North, Iron Islands and Dorne are all very isolated and have very different cultures though.

Just now, lancerman said:

Dany promised Yara independence. Now she’s not getting it. Dany also destroyed her Uncle’s fleet and ended the threat on the Iron Born. If nothing else it was a massive insult 

You sure? It seemed a popular thing to declare independence that day with Sansa doing. I'm sure she could have said, hey we've been oppressed so we are going to remain independent and no one would have said a word about it. Cause they all just want peace now and no one wants war.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

It makes sense for the central 5 regions to align due to their proximity and similarities. 

The North, Iron Islands and Dorne are all very isolated and have very different cultures though.

I would have been on board with that too

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

"From this moment on all rulers are elected. Chosen by the lords and ladies of Westeros." Sounds like Democracy to me. They laughed at Sams proposal of every citzen getting the right to choose their rulers and yet that's what's going to happen after this current generation is gone cause no one gets to pass on their title's and land now.

This is not democracy. It is an oligarchy. Lords and Ladies are choosing the leaders, not the people.

Just now, Forge said:

And you can just as easily say that he knew that long term, anyone but him would have been even more disastrous with wars raging for centuries resulting in deaths far greater in the long run. It's all assumption. So he could be a good guy even if that was all intentional. 

That means the ends justify the means, which is exactly what Dany was arguing. 

Regardless, nowhere is it mentioned he can see all possible futures. He would literally go insane if that was possible. There are so many different ways this could have played out without the death of thousands of innocents. 

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The houses are still passed on by lineage, just not the ruling king.

Rulers are not elected. Tyrion said that specifically. And that is a massive plot hole. Now maybe he meant just the King or Queen of westeros. But ruler can apply to any lord or lady.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, Grey Worm was executing people on the spot because he's so loyal to Dany he does whatever she wants.

Then he finds out Jon killed her and Tyrion betrayed her and is like "We'll keep them prisoner for a while, then give them a trial".

lol

This is not hard to explain though. He kills Jon, war erupts again and the unsullied after massacred eventually. The unsullied are free men. He chooses to push that, it results in the death of them all. 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Uhhhh Sansa? At least she's still a Stark, and I mean if we're disregarding the ability to produce an heir she has just as strong of a claim to the throne as Bran does.

Oh shoot, I thought you meant PRE killing Dany, not post killing Dany. My bad.

Sansa wants nothing to do with the South. She would have refused it. You think she’s going to live in King’s Landing again? 

The point is there aren’t claims anymore. There won’t be dynasties. It didn’t matter where Bran sat in any family lines. He was the Three Eyed Raven and thus the wisest potential ruler who also had tremendous support