Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

That means the ends justify the means, which is exactly what Dany was arguing. 

Regardless, nowhere is it mentioned he can see all possible futures. He would literally go insane if that was possible. There are so many different ways this could have played out without the death of thousands of innocents. 

Agreed, which is why I think it's a somewhat pointless exercise to assume intentions on bran. I acknowledge the potential that he could be evil, but also that he's good. Both possibilities exist. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is not hard to explain though. He kills Jon, war erupts again and the unsullied after massacred eventually. The unsullied are free men. He chooses to push that, it results in the death of them all. 

He's not motivated by that, though. He's simply there out of loyalty to Dany. Now she's dead and suddenly he's like "Well maybe I shouldn't kill these guys even though they just murdered the person I'm fiercely loyal to"....

So, the ending episode was fine.  Not great, certainly not as terrible as previous episodes this season.  Just a little underwhelming.

I do have to say though, as weird as the selection of Bran as king felt, the guy who can literally see the future and multiple places in the present and also mind control people and animals is objectively a pretty strong candidate for a ruler.

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You sure? It seemed a popular thing to declare independence that day with Sansa doing. I'm sure she could have said, hey we've been oppressed so we are going to remain independent and no one would have said a word about it. Cause they all just want peace now and no one wants war.

She shouldn’t have said “aye” to Bran. Sansa didn’t 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, Grey Worm was executing people on the spot because he's so loyal to Dany he does whatever she wants.

Then he finds out Jon killed her and Tyrion betrayed her and is like "We'll keep them prisoner for a while, then give them a trial".

lol

My bigger issue with Grey Worm is that they had to get his permission to do anything with Jon. Grey Worm has no political pull, he's the head of an army that fought for a dead person. They could say, Jon is being let go, made King and if you have an issue you can be tried for war crimes you committed under Dany. I don't understand why he was suddenly given political pull and speaking in front of the council.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's not motivated by that, though. He's simply there out of loyalty to Dany. Now she's dead and suddenly he's like "Well maybe I shouldn't kill these guys even though they just murdered the person I'm fiercely loyal to"....

Yea the love of his life just died along with his Queen. So both of his life purposes are now gone and he doesn't say eff it and start a war just like he did in the streets of KL going after anyone and everyone?

I wish they had put together a 2-4 minute montage showing how Bran orchestrated everything.  Then maybe a 30 second speech to Tyrion about the necessity and the more dire consequences of a different path.  That would have made the ending much more complete and thought out.

I liked John's ending.  Him up north leading the free folk was fitting along with Ghost and Tormund.  I just assumed he left the Nights Watch again when he was marching out with the FF and that he would just live his life.  Probably find another woman and just live, free from the burdens he had south of the wall.

Arya's ending was dumb.  One throw away line from several seasons prior doesn't make her a master mariner ready to explore the world.  If other outside material has told us anything about going west off the map, it is likely she died a terrible death at sea.

Sansa's ending was good, but I wholeheartedly agree with those who bring up the lack of objections of independence from the other houses (at least Dorne and the II) after the North got their own.

I thought Bronn on the small council made sense actually.  At this point, he's the richest man in Westeros.

I thought the storytelling was generally crap this season, but damn the cinematography and score were top notch.  That shot of Danaeyrs with Drogon's wings was legendary.  I was fine with the metaphor of Drogon melting the Iron Throne and just flying off.  Her getting a knife slipped into her heart was the highlight of the episode for me.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What's the end game for him? 

He can just as easily decide to save his men, let them live their lives away from all this and honor Dany as it is that he would make some principled stand for revenge and get everyone killed. 

What's loyalty in this situation? It doesn't bring her back. I just think shoehorning him into a specific required reaction is not ideal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea the love of his life just died along with his Queen. So both of his life purposes are now gone and he doesn't say eff it and start a war just like he did in the streets of KL going after anyone and everyone?

Moreover, why would he even be concerned with starting a war? He just walked in on the dude who killed HIS QUEEN, how are you not killing him on the spot?!

• Like 1

I have a question though, everyone knew about Tyrion betraying Dany to free Jaime. And yet he kept oddly silent about his role in conspiring to murder his Queen which was only addressed once afterwards and that was with Jon in private.

So did Tyrion purposely keep it quiet to avoid the death sentence even though he had already openly defied and accepted it from Dany herself because of his brother?

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My bigger issue with Grey Worm is that they had to get his permission to do anything with Jon. Grey Worm has no political pull, he's the head of an army that fought for a dead person. They could say, Jon is being let go, made King and if you have an issue you can be tried for war crimes you committed under Dany. I don't understand why he was suddenly given political pull and speaking in front of the council.

Reasoning I'd go with is that if the unsullied had him prisoner, both sides were trying to avoid bloodshed. Giving him a spot in that council was respect for what they had done, while also not insulting him and fanning the flames. They did offer them land to stay. I think both sides could be assumed to be looking for a bloodless solution

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I have a question though, everyone knew about Tyrion betraying Dany to free Jaime. And yet he kept oddly silent about his role in conspiring to murder his Queen which was only addressed once afterwards and that was with Jon in private.

So did Tyrion purposely keep it quiet to avoid the death sentence even though he had already openly defied and accepted it from Dany herself because of his brother?

I would have lol