Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I addressed this. I thought he was talking about pre-killing Dany, not post-killing Dany.

But also seems like a good time to bring up that the Unsullied and Dothraki are supposed to be nonexistent at this point, not formidable forces. But...you know....

Yea they never addressed that gigantic plot hole of there supposedly having both the Dothraki and Unsullied nearly extinct and yet somehow a good portion of them came back to life.

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That's my point though about piss poor writing.

It’s not piss poor writing. The North is and has always been very different from the rest of the Seven Kingdoms.

They are descendants of First Men, not Andals. This makes them very different from everyone else. They are the largest region in the realm and unrealistic to rule from the South without dragons or strong agreement of alliances. Early in the show Joffrey was complaining about the North and Cersei had to set him straight on it. The Stark’s are among oldest set of King’s in Westeros and have a lineage that goes beyond nearly every modern house besides Lannister. It’s near impossible to take the North. Nobody has done it besides Aegon and it was less that he took it and more that Torrhen Stark wasn’t willing to face dragons. 

The Iron Islanders do their own thing anyways. Being part of the kingdom is basically just them agreeing to not terrorize the mainlanders. 

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

No. They. Wouldn’t. We just went over this. Yara and Dorne were pledged to Dany. The people remaining at Kings Landing are basically  irrelevant directly following Danys attack. What “people” are you referring to that are more loyal to Jon?

Fair point on Sam. Congrats on getting your first one. 

Yara has almost no men left, they got wrecked by Dany during the battle. So she's a nonfactor at this point. And the "people" loyal to Jon? Basically, everyone that's loyal to Bran also loves Jon, so... Realistically speaking they would've told Grey Worm to F off, freed Jon and put him on the throne. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Ironborn's army was depleted because they followed Euron, not Yara, and got wrecked by Dany during the Battle of Kings Landing. The Unsullied only have 1,000-1,500 men left and that's being generous. The Dothraki only followed Dany, do you think that they'd now all of the sudden take direction from Grey Worm? Unlikely. 

The North and their allies would destroy the unsullied and the remaining Iron Born with little issue. Does Dorn really care that much to bring their army to KL to fight against the rest of the realm? They haven't really cared much about what's going on throughout the series so again, unlikely. 

Again... any war is one that doesn’t need to happy with Bran as king. Tyrion even says it himself “no ones happy, so it’s a good compromise”. If you select Jon, some are happy and the others revolt. They are all there looking for a peaceful resolution, so why are we making this more difficult than it needs to be?

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Yea they never addressed that gigantic plot hole of there supposedly having both the Dothraki and Unsullied nearly extinct and yet somehow a good portion of them came back to life.

Dany is the Night Queen so her men respawn after battles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Again... any war is one that doesn’t need to happy with Bran as king. Tyrion even says it himself “no ones happy, so it’s a good compromise”. If you select Jon, some are happy and the others revolt. They are all there looking for a peaceful resolution, so why are we making this more difficult than it needs to be?

Why does the prisoner of war that just betrayed the queen and played a huge role in the city being burnt to the ground get to decide again? The people in power would've decided, aka all of Jon's family and the people most loyal too him including Sam and Bran. The entire season's arc was about other characters believing that Jon is more deserving of the crown and would ultimately be a better ruler than Dany. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yara has almost no men left, they got wrecked by Dany during the battle. So she's a nonfactor at this point. And the "people" loyal to Jon? Basically, everyone that's loyal to Bran also loves Jon, so... Realistically speaking they would've told Grey Worm to F off, freed Jon and put him on the throne. 

Realistically speaking this was the most diplomatic solution. Although I’m starting to think I shouldn’t expect someone who searches for something to complain about to accept it. 

Havent posted in here all season and this will be my only post.

I used to love this show, but Im glad its over. It turned into a huge stinking turd sandwich. I honestly had to force myself to watch last night because I didnt care what happened. All the fun and enjoyment had been squeezed out by the end of episode 3. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Just got this from reddit/imdb and their rankings of all the episodes. Turns out it wasn't being bashed just on twitter.

683mjwgvpbz21.jpg

Keep in mind that after episode 3 their were reports every week of the episodes getting spammed with thousands of 1 votes prior to the episodes release. So it’s not the best barometer. IMDB is notorious for spam voting by people. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It’s not piss poor writing. The North is and has always been very different from the rest of the Seven Kingdoms.

They are descendants of First Men, not Andals. This makes them very different from everyone else. They are the largest region in the realm and unrealistic to rule from the South without dragons or strong agreement of alliances. Early in the show Joffrey was complaining about the North and Cersei had to set him straight on it. The Stark’s are among oldest set of King’s in Westeros and have a lineage that goes beyond nearly every modern house besides Lannister. It’s near impossible to take the North. Nobody has done it besides Aegon and it was less that he took it and more that Torrhen Stark wasn’t willing to face dragons. 

The Iron Islanders do their own thing anyways. Being part of the kingdom is basically just them agreeing to not terrorize the mainlanders. 

Again piss poor writing. A major plotpoint of the series was them becoming independent. They only followed Dany out of fear of Euron. But with Dany and Euron dead there is absolutely nothing to think that they wouldn't go right back to wanting independence for the Iron Islands. So it's completely out of character for all of the Islanders.

Again it's piss poor writing to think they would want to stay apart of the 7 Kingdoms. Dorne too.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Realistically speaking this was the most diplomatic solution. Although I’m starting to think I shouldn’t expect someone who searches for something to complain about to accept it. 

The most diplomatic solution was to let a war prisoner that betrayed the queen time and time again, going as far as telling Jon to kill Dany while he has the chance, decide the new political leadership structure in Westeros and be the hand to the new king? No one's mad that the 2nd most powerful man in Westeros happens to be the man that ordered the hit on the former queen and betrayed her regularly? Hmm... 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Again piss poor writing. A major plotpoint of the series was them becoming independent. They only followed Dany out of fear of Euron. But with Dany and Euron dead there is absolutely nothing to think that they wouldn't go right back to wanting independence for the Iron Islands. So it's completely out of character for all of the Islanders.

Again it's piss poor writing to think they would want to stay apart of the 7 Kingdoms. Dorne too.

Yara isn’t Balon, they aren’t at full strength since Euron, they already agreed to a king, the Ironborn haven’t been successful with Rebellions historically.