Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Except Tyrion explained Cersei in a nutshell before his trial. She will never forgive a slight whether real or imagined. In the show he says even if the killer came in and gave irrefutable evidence proving his innocence it still wouldnt matter to Cersei. 

Cersei is the kind of person who doesnt care what the truth is. 

I forgot about that.

Though, to be fair, in S8 Tyrion completely forgets literally everything he's ever said about Cersei so that's understandable.

"Hey, I know Cersei betrayed us after saying she'd send the Lannister army north, and she just slaughtered your dragon, but let's go talk to her! She's reasonable!"

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"Hey, I know Cersei betrayed us after saying she'd send the Lannister army north, and she just slaughtered your dragon, but let's go talk to her! She's reasonable!"

She's so reasonable that we should bring Dany, Grey Worm, and the dragon to the city wall to have the conversation with only 50 men to protect them. It doesn't matter that they have dragon killing weapons and archers across the wall or that they have 25,000+ men inside the city gates, we'll be fine. 

m2526mpush031.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:35 PM, candyman93 said:

Showing Cersei a wight never made sense to me. Just have her send a trusted scout to verify it or something like that. 

It’s probably just hindsight, but that was an insanely bad decision.

They needed a way to kill off one of the dragons / give the NK one of the dragons. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I cant find any interest in that now. Nothing thats going to make me get HBO again.

1000s of years. The NK doesnt even last 1 morning. Then having victory easy at hand with overwhelming forces steamrolling into WInterfell. A 100lb teenage girl gets him.

Its like watching Rocky. Then for Rocky 2 they said, "Well JJ from Good Times is popular. Lets make Rocky 2 about him growing up tough on the mean streets of Chicago." Theyve made NK too big of a running joke to salvage it for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I cant find any interest in that now. Nothing thats going to make me get HBO again.

1000s of years. The NK doesnt even last 1 morning. Then having victory easy at hand with overwhelming forces steamrolling into WInterfell. A 100lb teenage girl gets him.

Its like watching Rocky. Then for Rocky 2 they said, "Well JJ from Good Times is popular. Lets make Rocky 2 about him growing up tough on the mean streets of Chicago." Theyve made NK too big of a running joke to salvage it for me.

From what I've read they intentionally didn't reveal too much about the NK or White Walkers because they wanted to save it for the prequel series. But as you said, it's really hard to get excited about the prequel now. They basically killed the intimidation factor of the White Walkers/Night King with how easily he was killed in GOT. Not to mention it's hard to have faith in a GOT spin-off that isn't based on source material from GRRM, especially after HBO gave D&D the green light on their season 7/8 story.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

e0vpfv05ei031.jpg

Shouldn't skin to skin contact have turned her into a White Walker too?

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Him touching her is why I thought she was gonna become the new Night Queen. 

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

From what I've read they intentionally didn't reveal too much about the NK or White Walkers because they wanted to save it for the prequel series. But as you said, it's really hard to get excited about the prequel now. They basically killed the intimidation factor of the White Walkers/Night King with how easily he was killed in GOT. Not to mention it's hard to have faith in a GOT spin-off that isn't based on source material from GRRM, especially after HBO gave D&D the green light on their season 7/8 story.

There was a solution that D&D could have written in to explain the discrepancy - in Bran’s pre-battle plan, he could have referenced that the 3ER can negate the NK other powers (like supernatural strength and ability to turn on touch a live being) when up close one on one, but that Bran can’t match his strength and this only affects the 2 in proximity (why he needs protection vs. rest of NK army).   Could have even went something that went both ways, IE the NK negates his powers top up close (no warging etc).    Would explain the difference on powers beautifully.  And literally only 1-2 lines needed.   

That not only cleans up the Hardhome wight & spear throwing power display / prior belief but also makes Bran look a lot more relevant to his ascent to ruler later on.  It doesn’t have to follow the book canon since we are in unchartered waters.    It was an easy fix - but it did require D&D to pay attention to series continuity.   Given how they treated Rhaegar’s death in 8.4 and then GOAT Drogon in 8.5 it was obviously too much to ask D&D to go back 2-3 seasons even though Hardhome was literally the ep that set the bar on NK army / wight powers. 

So instead we got nothing post-kill.   I was really willing to see how 8.4 went down with Arya killing the NK before criticizing it, as even a post event reference to how the NK powers were reduced / turned off (and why the army let her get through unchecked) could have really helped the continuity / logic flaws here, but the fact D&D ignored it completely after and again did such a bad job in the writing consistency really downgrades 8.3.   Another case where the result doesn’t bother me nearly as much as the lazy writing / contradiction in setup (Bran as king being the final fitting piece but so many in S8).  

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

There was a solution that D&D could have written in to explain the discrepancy - in Bran’s pre-battle plan, he could have referenced that the 3ER can negate the NK other powers (like supernatural strength and ability to turn on touch a live being) when up close one on one, but that Bran can’t match his strength and this only affects the 2 in proximity (why he needs protection vs. rest of NK army).   Could have even went something that went both ways, IE the NK negates his powers top up close (no warging etc).    Would explain the difference on powers beautifully.  And literally only 1-2 lines needed.   

That not only cleans up the Hardhome wight & spear throwing power display / prior belief but also makes Bran look a lot more relevant to his ascent to ruler later on.  It doesn’t have to follow the book canon since we are in unchartered waters.    It was an easy fix - but it did require D&D to pay attention to series continuity.   Given how they treated Rhaegar’s death in 8.4 and then GOAT Drogon in 8.5 it was obviously too much to ask D&D to go back 2-3 seasons even though Hardhome was literally the ep that set the bar on NK army / wight powers. 

So instead we got nothing post-kill.   I was really willing to see how 8.4 went down with Arya killing the NK before criticizing it, as even a post event reference to how the NK powers were reduced / turned off (and why the army let her get through unchecked), but the fact D&D ignored it completely after and again did such a bad job in the writing consistency really downgrades 8.3.   Another case where the result doesn’t bother me nearly as much as the lazy writing / contradiction in setup (Bran as king being the final fitting piece but so many in S8).  

Buddy. I would have voted you in as the new show runner if there was a system in place for it. I just they said eff it to the entire thing and tried to wrap it up as quickly as possible. 

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That doesn't really work though because the NK sliced the previous 3ER in half. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That doesn't really work though because the NK sliced the previous 3ER in half. 

The new reference would only need to explain why the mystical level of strength / turning power that NK/wights had displayed b4 didn't work for Arya - you take away all of those abilities, the NK still wipes the floor with most 3ER's, so slicing him up with an enchanted sword/weapon, that would still fit even with decreased/negated mystical powers... keep in mind I'm not trying to answer it completely to the letter - just something, anything that addresses the power/skills absence would help.  Instead of ignoring it altogether like D&D did, and leaving the continuity/logic hole a mile wide.

Edited by Broncofan