Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

I've got the perfect solution for Game of Thrones.  The dialogue in season 7 and season 8 was terrible. 

Season six was a little off, but worthy enough to include.  I believe season 6 ended with Dany flying to Westeros or sailing or whatever.  Perfect, that's where the series, in effect, ends.  We go to Bran Stark, who shuts his eyes and sees a montage. 

All of season 7 and season 8 is reduced to a montage with a sweeping and epic symphonic score just like the lightsaber duel in Phantom Menace. 

Imagine this while listening to this:

Bran shuts his eyes, music starts. 

*Arya slits Walder Frey's throat.
*Jon first looks at Dany.
*Olenna Tyrell takes the poison and dies.
*Arya returns to Winterfell.
*Littlefinger handing Bran the dagger.  Bran handing it to Arya.
*Jaime and almost attacking the dragon. 
*Show lots of glimpses of Dany at her most vindictive (torching Tarlys and Lannister soldiers)
*Show every single angry shot of Dany and slowly show her descent into madness.
*Dany saving Jon and company, but the one dragon being killed by the NK.  Viserion's eyes opening as a wight or whatever.
*The meeting where Cersei sees the Wight. 
*Jamie walking away from her, disgusted. 
*NK destroying the wall with Viserion. 
*The Tower of Joy scene.
*Jon reuniting with Arya.
*The Long Night battle scene, ending with Arya killing NK.
*Second dragon dying. 
*Missandie being beheaded.
*Varys whispering to Jon. 
*Varys being executed.
*Jon killing Dany.  Drogon torching the throne.
*Bran becoming King.
*Jon leaving the wall and heading North.

Then, at the end of the montage, Bran opens his eyes again. 

Literally an hour long montage.  I might have to work on that.  Who will pay me for my time? 

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sandor's character at the start of Game of Thrones: I want to kill my brother

Sandor's character at the end of Game of Thrones: I want to kill my brother

Now that's just being obtuse. You know that, I know that.

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

Now that's just being obtuse. You know that, I know that.

I'm honestly not so sure. The audience loves Sandor because he's been pretty consistent throughout the entire show, and he's fiercely protective of the Stark girls from start to finish. But overall his entire motivation has been "kill my brother" from start to finish, right?

And don't get me wrong I love The Hound as a character and his adventures with Arya.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm honestly not so sure. The audience loves Sandor because he's been pretty consistent throughout the entire show, and he's fiercely protective of the Stark girls from start to finish. But overall his entire motivation has been "kill my brother" from start to finish, right?

And don't get me wrong I love The Hound as a character and his adventures with Arya.

Some people can never escape their demons. I don't think you can discount the strides he made over the series by simply saying he ended the same way he started.

Same with Jamie. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Some people can never escape their demons. I don't think you can discount the strides he made over the series by simply saying he ended the same way he started.

Same with Jamie. 

Before we venture too far off, let's not forget the original statement by me was for S8 alone and not over the entire series.

EDIT: Also, Jaime's character arc sucked and I will absolutely die on that hill.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Before we venture too far off, let's not forget the original statement by me was for S8 alone and not over the entire series.

EDIT: Also, Jaime's character arc sucked and I will absolutely die on that hill.

Fair enough.

And yeah I don't care enough about the Jamie arc to defend it. I thought it had amazing potential, but ended as just fine (much like the entire last season). 

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Fair enough.

And yeah I don't care enough about the Jamie arc to defend it. I thought it had amazing potential, but ended as just fine (much like the entire last season). 

Me too man. Me too.

They had plenty of "you never escape your demons" with the Clegane storyline. They could've done a masterful job of portraying Jaime's redemption arc with him being with Brienne and defeating the "drug" that held him captive for so long.

• Like 1