Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

See above, no he didnt.

Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then?

You do know who Jaime's father is right? judging by your post above I'm going to say you dont.  Notice what came first there.  Family.  From Jaime's first line to his last, his only priority has been family.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You do know who Jaime's father is right? judging by your post above I'm going to say you dont.  Notice what came first there.  Family.  From Jaime's first line to his last, his only priority has been family.

Perhaps, but his father was safely behind an army while the Targaryan armies were in ruins and about to be crushed by the combined Baratheon/Stark/Arryn/Lannister forces.  The only people in immediate danger right then was the people of Kings Landing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

Where did he say it was the disappointment of the season? It seemed like it was more that GOT was ending, not how it ended.

Let's please not use this as another way to bash the series. This is about a guy's health. 

He has said he is disappointed at how this season developed in more than one interview. 

And his face during the killing of Danny on the documentary looked like he was sick to his stomach. 

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He has said he is disappointed at how this season developed in more than one interview. 

And his face during the killing of Danny on the documentary looked like he was sick to his stomach. 

Can you link any of the interviews? Not trying to call you out, I'm actually interested in what he said. 

I think his face during the killing of Dany was more that he was heartbroken that was part of the story, not that the season was a disappointment. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Perhaps, but his father was safely behind an army while the Targaryan armies were in ruins and about to be crushed by the combined Baratheon/Stark/Arryn/Lannister forces.  The only people in immediate danger right then was the people of Kings Landing.

Yep, already asked the question why he would be in any danger. The only reason Aerys let him in, in the first place was because Rhaegar was dead and he was desperate for allies. Tywin was the wolf invited to the hen house and even Jaime commented he knew this and begged the King to surrender. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Agreed.  It may have been the order to kill his own father that made him turn on Aerys, but if he was interested in protecting anyone, it was the people of King's Landing.  Tywin was in zero danger of being killed.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You're right, there is a lot of nuance, but trying to act like Jaime Lannister cared about the people of KL and the writers backtracked that with the comment of "I never really cared much" is disingenuous at best.  That line was perfectly within Jaime's character both books and show.  

..........he did..........it's literally in the quote I provided you, along with in the show and in the books.

Once again, I came to the king, begging him to surrender. He told me to... bring him my father's head. Then he... turned to his pyromancer. 'Burn them all,' he said. 'Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.' Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then? First, I killed the pyromancer. And then when the king turned to flee, I drove my sword into his back. 'Burn them all,' he kept saying. 'Burn them all.' I don't think he expected to die. He... he meant to... burn with the rest of us and rise again, reborn as a dragon to turn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen.

• Like 1