Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

13 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

People ripped me a new one for complaining about a 7 minute love scene between a translator and a eunuch and now we've got people complaining about a 5 second glimpse of Rhaegar because of what he looks like.

I've never complained about how a character looks.  At least I have that. 

You don't understand. That was plot development for the two scenes Greyworm is shown at the head of the army and the one exchange between Miss and Dang for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

That was plot development for the two scenes Greyworm is shown at the head of the army and the one exchange between Miss and Dang for the remainder of the season. 

Lol, what am I not getting here?  This sentence makes no sense to me at all and I'm literally lol'ing trying to understand it. 

What I don't get is why does Bran bring up and everyone talk about Jon being the "rightful heir to the iron throne"?  Jon doesn't want it, he's already pledged his loyalty to Danaerys, and she's got the Dragons.  I really don't see him finding out that he is Aegon Targaryan and the first thing popping into his head is him turning to Danaerys and saying "Bend the knee".  First and foremost though, Jon has no interest in being King of the Seven Kingdoms unless he absolutely had to do it because no one else qualified would, but he clearly believes Danaerys can be that person to rule.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

What I don't get is why does Bran bring up and everyone talk about Jon being the "rightful heir to the iron throne"?  Jon doesn't want it, he's already pledged his loyalty to Danaerys, and she's got the Dragons.  I really don't see him finding out that he is Aegon Targaryan and the first thing popping into his head is him turning to Danaerys and saying "Bend the knee".  First and foremost though, Jon has no interest in being King of the Seven Kingdoms unless he absolutely had to do it because no one else qualified would, but he clearly believes Danaerys can be that person to rule.

I don't know that the problem will be so much that Jon will want to rule, but that other houses would view him as having the best right to rule and may push for him to be the ruler even if it is by name only. If Jon and Dany still end up together (yay Targs and their "clean" bloodlines), it doesn't matter really, but would give Jon the right over anyone else clearly if Dany doesn't survive (as opposed to being the bastard king in the north). It may cause a rift/dilemma within the Jon/Dany group because of others that backed each of them originally may push for one or the other to be more in charge.

40 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Rightful heir has nothing to do with who would be best or who wants it. Simpy about blood lines. And there are people that care about that and would throw their support to Jon instead of Dany. It may be academic, but the people talking about it don't really know about their relationship or even him bending the knee.

9 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I know he's being sarcastic, but I don't know HOW he's being sarcastic.  I don't get it. 

He's saying the only two scenes involving Greyworm and Missandei after their.. session.. were basically throw-away lines. I legitimately think it was two sentences over four episodes. Greyworm asking where the Lannister army was after they took Casterly Rock, and Missandei saying "many things.." to Dany (he misspelled her name as Dang presumably).

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

I don't know that the problem will be so much that Jon will want to rule, but that other houses would view him as having the best right to rule and may push for him to be the ruler even if it is by name only. If Jon and Dany still end up together (yay Targs and their "clean" bloodlines), it doesn't matter really, but would give Jon the right over anyone else clearly if Dany doesn't survive (as opposed to being the bastard king in the north). It may cause a rift/dilemma within the Jon/Dany group because of others that backed each of them originally may push for one or the other to be more in charge.

He can always abdicate. It's been done in westeros before. Duncan the small was the rightful heir after Egg, and he ended up abdicating the throne so that he could marry Jenny of Oldstones. Granted, it didn't much matter as he died before he had any children, so Jaehaerys II would have come to the throne anyway, but there is precedent. 

Just now, cddolphin said:

He's saying the only two scenes involving Greyworm and Missandei after their.. session.. were basically throw-away lines. I legitimately think it was two sentences over four episodes. Greyworm asking where the Lannister army was after they took Casterly Rock, and Missandei saying "many things.." to Dany (he misspelled her name as Dang presumably).

Oh, yeah, that makes sense.

I've been happy about how that went.  The showrunners clearly come here to see what I think of the show. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

He can always abdicate. It's been done in westeros before. Duncan the small was the rightful heir after Egg, and he ended up abdicating the throne so that he could marry Jenny of Oldstones. Granted, it didn't much matter as he died before he had any children, so Jaehaerys II would have come to the throne anyway, but there is precedent. 

The point is more so that some in Jon's camp may be supporting Dany's claim because of bloodlines and his support of her. If it comes out that he is the rightful heir by blood though, you may have some of them that push for him to be the king.