Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

17 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like the TellTale GoT was fairly well received. 

Don’t disagree. But the TellTale games have always been in a very different category for me. 

And like I said, I think a fighting game would be so much fun. The different styles and weapons would be really cool. 

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Did you mean "movie length"?? Where has it been suggested it'd be like that?

Also, with only 6 episodes, and so much story to wrap up, it seems likely that we are still looking at somewhere around 8+ hrs of show left. 

I cant imagine they are all “movie length”, but I could see the finale approaching 2hours. With the other 5 being anywhere between 1-1.5 hours. Without commercials, that’s a whole lot of show. 

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Did you mean "movie length"?? Where has it been suggested it'd be like that?

Yes, i did lol. 

Its been rumored, but nothing official. Supposedly each episode could be close to an hour and a half.

While the number of episodes has shrunk, with seven slated for the upcoming season and just six for the yet-to-be-produced final batch, Season 8, the length will likely move toward feature range of 80-plus minutes next season, according to sound designed Paula Fairfield. She said Season 7 episodes will be their customary hour-long duration, but the finale of Season 7 clocks in at 82 minutes. In Season 8, the episode could be in the 80-plus-minute range of a feature film, as series like Sherlock and Black Mirror have done.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/season-8-game-of-thrones-episodes-could-be-feature-length-1202123353/

16 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

They really need to be to get a quality ending that isn't rushed more than it has been.

I think they will. I feel like it can be far more concentrated on one thing in the battle with the white walkers this last season. The battle for the iron throne is such a secondary piece because it really doesn't need an all out war. They are basically at a point where if cersei dies, that's over, so thats how i expect them to handle that. Cut the head off of a snake and all.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

2019??? I thought it would be late summer 2018. Disappointing but maybe we'll get another book before then................................................................................

dd9591534c6f67e6ca124bee0da8e3e9d2ac731d

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

As long as this has taken, these last 6 episode better be damn epic. Any more word on whether they're going to be 1.5 hours long??

Officially no, but I'd be shocked if they didn't basically make every episode movie length (1:25 minimum) 

At the very least the first and finale episode are going to be suppppppper long.

Almost as long as the wait.....anywhere between April and July of 2019, then like April 2020 for the prequel series if that actually doesn't hit development hell.

• Like 1

I hate prequels so much! 

This is how everything that you already know happens got to the point before it all happened.  You see all these important characters that weren't in the first series?  Yep, we know they're going to die.  You see these characters that you saw in the first series?  Yeah, we're going to try to manufacture suspense around them, but you already know they don't die and exactly what this leads to.  Lol. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I hate prequels so much! 

This is how everything that you already know happens got to the point before it all happened.  You see all these important characters that weren't in the first series?  Yep, we know they're going to die.  You see these characters that you saw in the first series?  Yeah, we're going to try to manufacture suspense around them, but you already know they don't die and exactly what this leads to.  Lol. 

Do you hate all movie adaptations of other material?