Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Wait just signed? I thought they were already filming these episodes? 

For the prequel? Don't think so. Just in pre production at this point is my understanding. I don't think it premiere's until like 2020 or something? 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Expected to start shooting some time in 2019. Some reports are as early as February. So I would assume that it ends up premiering in 2020. 

They'll shoot the pilot, if the pilot tests well it will get greenlit for a full series and they'll shoot the series most likely that summer. 

They're 100% targeting a 2020 April date so they don't have to go more than a year without GOT.

Especially with Witcher, LOTR, Halo etc. getting ready to challenge for the new GOT spot in TV. 

• Like 1

By the old gods and the new, this has been a busy week for the Game of Thronesprequel: Josh Whitehouse has joined the pilot, our sister site Deadline reports, following Naomi Watts’ casting which was announced Tuesday.

The Poldark actor will play a lead role in the spinoff, though no other details currently are available

Don't know anything about him. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Ok so over/under how likely do you think someone as attractive as Watts is "not" playing a Targaryen?

Knowing the time period, I'd say it's highly unlikely that she's playing a Targ. Possible that she's playing a Lannister, who were around in the age of heroes (The targs were not in westeros at the time of the age of heroes, so her being a Targ would be an outlier I would think). 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Knowing the time period, I'd say it's highly unlikely that she's playing a Targ. Possible that she's playing a Lannister, who were around in the age of heroes (The targs were not in westeros at the time of the age of heroes, so her being a Targ would be an outlier I would think). 

I thought Martin said his next series was going to be about The Conquerer, that that is what the next show was going to be about. Maybe I got my info crossed. So I wonder who she is going to play, maybe Jonquil?

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's gonna be a lot of time jumping during this prequel, they'll explore the "Long Night period" which is anywhere between 10,000-4,000 before current GOT. But that's not even 100% at this point given they might change things between now and when they shoot the pilot/series.

I could see them setting her up as a Targaryen ancestor but she could easily be a Lannister, 50/50 at this point.

Most likely they'll explore the ancestors of the main houses (Starks,Lannisters, Targs) and focus on multiple periods of history.

3 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

There's gonna be a lot of time jumping during this prequel, they'll explore the "Long Night period" which is anywhere between 10,000-4,000 before current GOT. But that's not even 100% at this point given they might change things between now and when they shoot the pilot/series.

I could see them setting her up as a Targaryen ancestor but she could easily be a Lannister, 50/50 at this point.

Most likely they'll explore the ancestors of the main houses (Starks,Lannisters, Targs) and focus on multiple periods of history.

Have they confirmed the time jumping? Would certainly be pretty interesting manner to do it. 

I like her as a Lannister - the scheming socialite part of it especially given that the Lannister's were sort of an upjumped house at the time. 

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

Could be one if aegons sister for aegons conquest, unless they already said she  the prequel was during.

The age of heroes was long before the conquest. The Targs have only been around in westeros for about 300 years at the end of the Mad King's reign. The age of heroes was several thousand years prior