Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

8 hours ago, JonStark said:

This. It's 100% fine hiring a female director and a mostly female cast but when the headline has to point that out, that's when I get worried. Hire the best people for the job, and let them do their job without making everyone know their gender, race, etc.. 

That being said, I feel like GOT has been fine so far and don't see them gambling with a franchise this big. 

I seriously don't know why this is so hard to do these days lol. 

And your last line is something I agree w/ but you never know......

4 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Just rewatched the series with my housemates. If it's up to me I'll re-watch it again leading up to April.

Read all of the books twice in the last year. 

I'm psyched. 

I'm about halfway through season one now. My plan is to finish a day or so before the premiere.

I've caught a lot more the second time around for sure. Even the intro scene makes way more sense and a lot of the dialogue almost spoils what's coming up if you really pay attention to it.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:31 PM, cddolphin said:

Meh, it may be an editorial decision to slant the headline that way, I'm not sure HBO of all organizations would go "politically woke" just to do it, I'm not too worried, they have only 6 episodes to wrap up the show, and I doubt they're going to waste screen time with wokeness for the sake of wokeness.

Also, GOT probably already has the most impressive set of strong female characters, it's not like it was lacking in the show to begin with. Dany, Sansa, Arya, Queen of Thorns, Cersei, etc etc

Even more so in the books.

6 episodes left I agree. Theyre to busy ruining the book. Wanting to become Avengers or Xmen for that.

30 heartfelt reunions and 2 "goodguys overcoming the odds" wars to get through in 6 episodes.

48 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

6 episodes left I agree. Theyre to busy ruining the book. Wanting to become Avengers or Xmen for that.

30 heartfelt reunions and 2 "goodguys overcoming the odds" wars to get through in 6 episodes.

It tends to always happen with the last season of a series with they stuff that garbage in though if it does happen.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

It tends to always happen with the last season of a series with they stuff that garbage in though if it does happen.

I think it mainly happened when they said a couple seasons ago that the show had a stopping point, with fewer episodes each.

If they kept it at 10 episodes, Id say itd still take an additional season to do it justice. Even GRRM originally wanted 12-13 seasons.