Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

36 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Uhhhh probably b/c they're making a point to emphasize something that has absolutely no bearing on how good someone can be at their job. I mean, I felt it was rather obvious......

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. Like it or not, we live at a time where pointing these things out is a good PR move. That doesn't mean the people they hired weren't also the best people for the job; they simply framed it in a way to make it look better from a PR standpoint.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. Like it or not, we live at a time where pointing these things out is a good PR move. That doesn't mean the people they hired weren't also the best people for the job; they simply framed it in a way to make it look better from a PR standpoint.

It's not always a good move though b/c you risk alienating people. I don't enjoy politics in certain things. Had I had no previous knowledge of this show, I might stray away from it b/c I would feel their priorities are out of whack. Like you said though, it doesn't mean they aren't the best people for the job (and I absolutely agree) but at the same time  it also doesn't mean they were the best.

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

It's not always a good move though b/c you risk alienating people. I don't enjoy politics in certain things. Had I had no previous knowledge of this show, I might stray away from it b/c I would feel their priorities are out of whack. Like you said though, it doesn't mean they aren't the best people for the job (and I absolutely agree) but at the same time  it also doesn't mean they were the best.

Mate you're entitled to your opinion but the fact you're letting basically a PR report judge whether you'd watch a show or not is kind of whack. The reason most PR reports are "Look at who we hired and how X thing they are" is 95% of the time because it's the standard response nowadays. 

Like by all means judge the show how you see fit and all but if it's only on that one thing, you need to reevaluate some things.

Anyway, who else is disjointed this show won't have dragons because this is more than likely set before Valyria exists (the pre-targaryens who tamed dragons) 

52 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Mate you're entitled to your opinion but the fact you're letting basically a PR report judge whether you'd watch a show or not is kind of whack. The reason most PR reports are "Look at who we hired and how X thing they are" is 95% of the time because it's the standard response nowadays. 

Like by all means judge the show how you see fit and all but if it's only on that one thing, you need to reevaluate some things.

Anyway, who else is disjointed this show won't have dragons because this is more than likely set before Valyria exists (the pre-targaryens who tamed dragons) 

Yeah, I'm a tough get for shows lol. Not going to lie. I have so many things lined up in my queue that need watched that getting me into new shows is tougher than most, more than likely. I don't watch a whole lot of TV aside from sports. So yes, I agree I may be tougher than your average viewer. If you're advertising politics in your show, I probably wouldn't care to watch it when I have other things I can watch instead. I don't think that's too out there.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Snow and arya ready to fight and sansa just standing there. I hope she dies this season.

I mean, I don't think Sansa has even slapped anyone, ever, in this show so I don't see how you're expecting her to be ready to fight lol. I probably wouldn't want her to fight on my team. She doesn't strike me as coordinated.

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I mean, I don't think Sansa has even slapped anyone, ever, in this show so I don't see how you're expecting her to be ready to fight lol. I probably wouldn't want her to fight on my team. She doesn't strike me as coordinated.

She slapped Robyn.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

She slapped Robyn.

Good. 

To be fair, I bet everyone in the Seven has slapped that lil bi......

EDIT: I know they can't but I bet they all want to (and I want them to also). Knowing that, there's no way he doesn't find himself on the iron throne at season's end. Everyone bend the knee to King Robyn!

Edited by JTagg7754

24 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Good. 

To be fair, I bet everyone in the Seven has slapped that lil bi......

EDIT: I know they can't but I bet they all want to (and I want them to also). Knowing that, there's no way he doesn't find himself on the iron throne at season's end. Everyone bend the knee to King Robyn!

The series should end with Podrick on the Iron Throne. All hail BDP.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I wasnt expecting her to do anything, just stating how i dont like her.