Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Jon doesnt care about power or titles and the people follow him bc he is a good man.  And they won't be getting rid of Dany until she gives birth to the dragon heir.  But as the prince who was promised, Jon must stab his sword through the heart of his wife.  Not sure how all that is going to work.  Sam is the George Martin character. That's why he gets all the best work.  

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think you are underestimating Sam's influence over Jon. Sam is not only his friend but Jon appointed him Maester (once he finished). The overriding or compelling reason for him to claim the throne would have to be an action by Dany that imo Sam will push. We know Jon doesn't want it at this point, but like you said, he's a man of honor. He accepted the appointment of Lord Commander (with Sam's pushing), he accepted the appointment of KitN. I wouldn't say it's unreasonable that he would accept his true seat if he was able to be convinced he was needed. Enter Sam. 

That could be....but I think the larger concern about claiming the throne will be its affect on the alliances and pending battle with the WW.  I think he'll do it. How it plays out is only known to people who've read the books at this stage.  

51 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Based on Jon's history and how he regards being King, I could see them surviving the war and Jon being the obvious King due to heritage, but OPTING not to be King and instead appointing Sansa as Queen and Arya as Hand of the Queen, thus concluding the greatest comeback story in Westeros history.

He's going to take the throne not because he wants it, but to save other people from a queen that'd be a disaster. He'll be miserable ruling, but he'll be good at it.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Just now, Leader said:
10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think you are underestimating Sam's influence over Jon. Sam is not only his friend but Jon appointed him Maester (once he finished). The overriding or compelling reason for him to claim the throne would have to be an action by Dany that imo Sam will push. We know Jon doesn't want it at this point, but like you said, he's a man of honor. He accepted the appointment of Lord Commander (with Sam's pushing), he accepted the appointment of KitN. I wouldn't say it's unreasonable that he would accept his true seat if he was able to be convinced he was needed. Enter Sam. 

That could be....but I think the larger concern about claiming the throne will be its affect on the alliances and pending battle with the WW.  I think he'll do it. How it plays out is only known to people who've read the books at this stage.

The books are 2+ seasons behind at this point. 

Affecting what alliances exactly? Jon's ally's are the North and Dany's army. No way anyone who follows Dany (all from Essos) are gonna follow Jon. The Martell's and Dorne are destroyed, as are the Tyrell's. 

He has literally no one else. Jon's claim will have to come from defeating the Lannisters and Dany dying, or Dany giving it up, or something. Unless the Night King lets Jon be king and Jon gives him the North lmao

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Jon doesnt care about power or titles and the people follow him bc he is a good man.  And they won't be getting rid of Dany until she gives birth to the dragon heir.  But as the prince who was promised, Jon must stab his sword through the heart of his wife.  Not sure how all that is going to work.  Sam is the George Martin character. That's why he gets all the best work.  

I doubt they make Dany Nissa Nissa in the show.  That would come completely out of left field.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I doubt they make Dany Nissa Nissa in the show.  That would come completely out of left field.

More likely he stabs Sam in the heart to be honest.  Actually, I doubt the show even touches on that part anymore.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's going to take the throne not because he wants it, but to save other people from a queen that'd be a disaster. He'll be miserable ruling, but he'll be good at it.

Here's the deal........

Jon keeps a lid on his claim to the throne - but mentions it to Dany in some pillow talk conversation: "Oh btw......."
They win the battle with the WW - but Dany defers to Jon's rule: "He'd really do a better job than I could....." 
Jon shuts Sam up with castles, gold and a bunch of women on the side - the historical claim gets satisfied - and Jon & Dany get to ride off into the sunset together without anyone else being the wiser  :)

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Affecting what alliances exactly? Jon's ally's are the North and Dany's army. No way anyone who follows Dany (all from Essos) are gonna follow Jon.

Exact point I made earlier. Jon staking claim to the throne could jeopardize the Alliance he has with Dany - and her followers. Will they follow him (?) or all head home as the free people they are? 

If they dont follow Jon - there goes the world - welcome to Undead Planet. The Northern armies are no match for the NK and his crew. Winterfell is quickly overrun and soon a dead Jon Snow would be killing off Cersei - eventually Dany and wherever her followers disappear to.

Fade to black. The world is dead.

Long live the blue eyes.

LOL

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He learned a lot from his short time with Stannis. 

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah, in the books, everything is just in Ser Pounces dream and Robert is still king at the end. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They'd have to have some sort of post-Jon plan if they're just going to kill him after spending this much time on revealing he's the true king. It would kind of make Bran a pointless character if they hyped him up this much and then just killed Jon.

They aren't going to spend 85% of the story beautifully constructing tons of character interactions, history, and clever half-truths/lies to conceal the lineage of the true born king of Westeros only to kill him off at the last second. No one involved with this show is a bad storyteller, and you'd have to be an abysmal writer to think that twist is well done.

• Like 1